Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • JV is playing and even though the competition may not be the best he treats every game seriously its good to know that he has that in him he brings it practice game pre season or not hes going to play with Heart.

    Ross on the other hand............

    Comment


    • I've written off Ross long time ago :/
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

      Comment


      • RandomGuy wrote: View Post
        I've written off Ross long time ago :/
        Dude needs to get all of his tools together and show consistency scoring, if he doesnt, well, he'll be just like Donte Greene.

        Comment


        • RandomGuy wrote: View Post
          I've written off Ross long time ago :/
          A tad early, don't you think?

          Comment


          • Nilanka wrote: View Post
            A tad early, don't you think?
            Lets say I have "good eye" for this. Wouldn't be upset if Im wrong though.
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

            Comment


            • I was a big Ross supporter when he stared..but now...not at all.

              He lost me when he accepted the offer to the Dunk competition...thats when he lost his coach too.

              Entering the "rookie wall" part of the year, seeing his play greatly suffer and fall off, and not being a real star, he should have known better. With so many "pro's" tweeting about loving the 4 days off to re-charg and get ready for the home stretch, here we have our nobody pine rider Rookie Ross, taking the bait to go party and dunk a few balls in a meaningless competition.....it p[isse doff his coach, he saw the pines after that, and basically regressed and sucked. Came into Rookie League worse, no stronger, no better, no weight room....fuck him, he's a bust if you ask me.


              Coulda had Drummond, he's been the polar opposite since the draft.

              Comment


              • Craig wrote: View Post
                I was a big Ross supporter when he stared..but now...not at all.

                He lost me when he accepted the offer to the Dunk competition...thats when he lost his coach too.

                Entering the "rookie wall" part of the year, seeing his play greatly suffer and fall off, and not being a real star, he should have known better. With so many "pro's" tweeting about loving the 4 days off to re-charg and get ready for the home stretch, here we have our nobody pine rider Rookie Ross, taking the bait to go party and dunk a few balls in a meaningless competition.....it p[isse doff his coach, he saw the pines after that, and basically regressed and sucked. Came into Rookie League worse, no stronger, no better, no weight room....fuck him, he's a bust if you ask me.


                Coulda had Drummond, he's been the polar opposite since the draft.
                fucking raptor fans eh? Either extremely in favor, or extremely against. At least we are extreme!

                Give the kid a break, you saw one rookie season where he didnt even get consistent minutes.
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

                Comment


                • Vykis wrote: View Post
                  Dude needs to get all of his tools together and show consistency scoring, if he doesnt, well, he'll be just like Donte Greene.
                  Donte Green was traded yesterday. He has a non guaranteed contract which makes the possibility of being waived by Boston likely to squeeze under the cap penalty.

                  Comment


                  • enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    fucking raptor fans eh? Either extremely in favor, or extremely against. At least we are extreme!

                    Give the kid a break, you saw one rookie season where he didnt even get consistent minutes.
                    he didnt get minutes for a reason, its almost like ross was so set on dunking he completely forgot what type of player he is and thats a dam shame. In college his one dribble pull up and catch and shoot was deadly sure hes athletic but it was a surprise about him guy was a pure shooter he didnt go out of his way to exert himself on flashy dunks he wasnt that guy. NBA changed him though and its all he did during the home stretch Casey was right to bench him, Ross also during shoot around would only dunk and good off by game time hes exhausted and cant keep a pylon infront of him.

                    Still have faith in the kid but honestly its thin his motor is extremely questionable and it mirrors Bargnani in some aspects of how bad does he want to be good? JV on the other hand every time you see him play its a big Fuck you to his critics.

                    Comment


                    • Craig wrote: View Post
                      I was a big Ross supporter when he stared..but now...not at all.

                      He lost me when he accepted the offer to the Dunk competition...thats when he lost his coach too.

                      Entering the "rookie wall" part of the year, seeing his play greatly suffer and fall off, and not being a real star, he should have known better. With so many "pro's" tweeting about loving the 4 days off to re-charg and get ready for the home stretch, here we have our nobody pine rider Rookie Ross, taking the bait to go party and dunk a few balls in a meaningless competition.....it p[isse doff his coach, he saw the pines after that, and basically regressed and sucked. Came into Rookie League worse, no stronger, no better, no weight room....fuck him, he's a bust if you ask me.


                      Coulda had Drummond, he's been the polar opposite since the draft.
                      Wait a second... what's wrong with Ross participating in the dunk contest lmfao?

                      I don't even like him that much, but this criticism is rich. It's like the guys on RealGM that criticize DeRozan for playing in the Drew League.

                      Comment


                      • Yeah, can't say I understand the dunk contest criticism myself. A bit unfair.

                        If anything, I'm glad we had at least one Raptor participant during All-Star Weekend.

                        Comment


                        • Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                          he didnt get minutes for a reason, its almost like ross was so set on dunking he completely forgot what type of player he is and thats a dam shame. In college his one dribble pull up and catch and shoot was deadly sure hes athletic but it was a surprise about him guy was a pure shooter he didnt go out of his way to exert himself on flashy dunks he wasnt that guy. NBA changed him though and its all he did during the home stretch Casey was right to bench him, Ross also during shoot around would only dunk and good off by game time hes exhausted and cant keep a pylon infront of him.

                          Still have faith in the kid but honestly its thin his motor is extremely questionable and it mirrors Bargnani in some aspects of how bad does he want to be good? JV on the other hand every time you see him play its a big Fuck you to his critics.
                          So the NBA rookie dunks too much rather than lets the game come to him and play more intelligently? Okay fair analysis. Does that mean we should react to him with a "Fuck him, he's a bust" ?

                          I think that mental maturity is his biggest problem, and thats a GOOD thing to say. It means that his issue is not talent, athleticism, or ability.. its his immaturity. A problem that you can grow out of.
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

                          Comment


                          • With regards to the dunk contest.. I don't think he lost the coach because he said yes to it.. I think he hit his rookie wall once it was over. If Casey really had a problem because Ross wanted to attend then that's more an issue with Casey then with Ross I think.

                            Comment


                            • planetmars wrote: View Post
                              With regards to the dunk contest.. I don't think he lost the coach because he said yes to it.. I think he hit his rookie wall once it was over. If Casey really had a problem because Ross wanted to attend then that's more an issue with Casey then with Ross I think.
                              I have no issue with a player participating in the dunk contest, but I thought it was a pretty public discussion that DC was irked with how much time & effort Ross was putting into preparing dunks, at the expense of regular practice (to a point at least, reading between the lines of what was being said in media and even by the broadcasters). Whether he wasn't fully committing to regular practice, or was physically subpar due to additional dunking practice, or his head wasn't fully into practice (and games?), there was a definite reduction of minutes played in the wake of his agreeing to participate in the dunk contest. I even seem to recall DC being openly irked about it in interviews, almost as though he was happy for Ross, but upset at the extent of time - almost questioning where the kid's priorities were; to the team as a rookie, or to himself and the dunk contest.

                              I really hope we see a much improved Ross this year, who can focus on '3 & D', after a year of seasoning and a second training camp.

                              Comment


                              • Ross definitely phoned it in after the Dunk Contest and the hype its all he really cared about. Im not going to label him a bust cause he was my guy I liked that he became a Raptor but hes been absent since Summer League last year.

                                Ross's only competition for playing time was supposed to be DeMar, and for DeMar Ross was the guy supposedly to take his job if he didnt execute. 1 year later we have Ross competing for first wing off the bench in Fields and Daye.... its on Ross to get it together.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X