X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    All should work out. The raptors org is too efficient to not be reading fan posts looking for ideas to improve the team.

When they finally get things straightened out, everyone should give themselves a pat on the back for helping to push the solution.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    All should work out. The raptors org is too efficient to not be reading fan posts looking for ideas to improve the team.

When they finally get things straightened out, everyone should give themselves a pat on the back for helping to push the solution.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Mitch P wrote: View Post
    Amazing.....605 pages on the JV thread! Total number of words is probably equal to War and Peace. Possibly the world's most discussed Lithuanian. But lately this could be called the "Why is the Bench Trash?" thread and JV is just a part of that debate. I think this will be a really good test of Nurse's coaching; to see how he can solve it. I believe the talent is there but it just isn't fitting together well at the moment. With the huge staff of assistants they have....all experienced coaches in their own right you would think they would have time to address it.
    I think the most logical choice is just to find the best 4 guys off the bench and stagger then with starters. our bench mob last year was one of the most enjoyable parts of the season and something raps fans could brag about. but save for 1 game vs wash the mob did not translate to playoff success. I'd rather guys like CJ and norm have trails through the the season to see if their gonna be value able later in the season. but give them full games rather see each guy for 15 mins alrernating games then 8 minutes each. maybe something we could try with fvv and Delon as well. nick was keen to experiment with the starters but like to see him have that same attitude with the bench. but what do I know I'm not a HC

Leave a comment:

• Mitch P
    replied
    Amazing.....605 pages on the JV thread! Total number of words is probably equal to War and Peace. Possibly the world's most discussed Lithuanian. But lately this could be called the "Why is the Bench Trash?" thread and JV is just a part of that debate. I think this will be a really good test of Nurse's coaching; to see how he can solve it. I believe the talent is there but it just isn't fitting together well at the moment. With the huge staff of assistants they have....all experienced coaches in their own right you would think they would have time to address it.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    It's a contract year, and with Freddy already getting paid, it should be no issue between them. Downside is it will drive up Wright's market price in the off-season.
    Let's worry about that when we resign Kawhi lol

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Wright needs to take ownership of the role and not shy away. He needs to be confident.
    It's a contract year, and with Freddy already getting paid, it should be no issue between them. Downside is it will drive up Wright's market price in the off-season.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Yep its clear as day right now that Wright needs to be the bench qb, fred needs to be the shooter and the safety valve if Wright needs to reset. The bench is completely sloppy right now, the only times they have a chance is if jv is going off or their defense digs in huge

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Mostly that's just "off ball" versus "on ball." Let Wright run the offence and the bench looks so much better, like last night.
    Wright needs to take ownership of the role and not shy away. He needs to be confident.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Just Is wrote: View Post
    It just seems like one of the big solutions for a lot of issues is just to switch Delon and FVV's roles as it just literally plays into everyone's strengths better.
    Funny thing is we saw a lot of this last night, but still had a few stretches where FVV was aimlessly dribbling the ball into dust or driving into traffic he can't pass out of. Hopefully it keeps skewing in the right direction after the relative success of the bench last night.

Still think it would help to plug Siakam in there a lot. But OG can't play beside Serge, so if JV is coming off the bench that night at least there are signs that the OG version appears to be salvageable given the right role assignment.

Leave a comment:

• Just Is
    replied
    Mostly that's just "off ball" versus "on ball." Let Wright run the offence and the bench looks so much better, like last night.
    It just seems like one of the big solutions for a lot of issues is just to switch Delon and FVV's roles as it just literally plays into everyone's strengths better.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Via reddit:

FVV is shooting 45.8 percent from deep, when he is playing off ball with Kyle Lowry. However, when Kyle is on the bench, FVV as the primary ball handler only shoots 27.8 from deep.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Via reddit:

FVV is shooting 45.8 percent from deep, when he is playing off ball with Kyle Lowry. However, when Kyle is on the bench, FVV as the primary ball handler only shoots 27.8 from deep.
    Everybody plays better with Lowry, but a big part of Fred's value should be to allow Kyle to get some rest so we don't burn him out before the playoffs. Also, I'd like to see FVV's splits - don't have the numbers but it feels like he's been getting most of his points against the sad sack teams, except for Memphis.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    Well, Wright hasn't been all that great.

I know it's antiquated but I'd like to see JV get some post-ups with that second group. It can't be any worse than watching FVV dribble around in circles or Wright practically beg for someone to get the ball and then driving into traffic and turning it over or throwing up wild shots.
    I think Wright is suffering from the bench issues and seems to be taking a minutes hit as well. His efficiency has been fine. He's actually shooting a career high in 3pt %. He just doesn't have the ball in his hands a lot. Last year him and FVV pretty much shared ballhandling duties on the 2nd unit. Now FVV dominates the ball more.

Hard to get in a groove when you're not getting consistent opportunities and are forced to play out of your comfort zone.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    Via reddit:

My first thought when I read this is they should have FVV sub in for Green, and Wright for Lowry, so you either have Lowry + Green, Lowry + FVV, or Wright + Green at all times (or at least most of the time).

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    I'm not forgetting anything. He was plenty effective even late in the year when scouting reports were coming in because he was still in the right role. He's nowhere close to the right role right now and that's what's killing his effectiveness.

Yes, the scouting report being out on him is making it harder for him to be effective when driving into the paint. All the more reason to keep him in his comfort zone and not have him drive into the paint endlessly all game long trying to create offence himself.
    Via reddit:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X