Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rocwell wrote: View Post
    He's averaging 8.5 FTA. But 6 games (of 7) was played in Lithuania and refs were from Lithuania, so...
    What are you saying?!?!?! Reffing in European sports is always fair and done with the utmost of integrity!

    For a 2nd year player who's likely going to be a 4th offensive option (maybe 3rd at best), I'd be quite happy with 4-6 FTA per game.

    Comment


    • CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      What are you saying?!?!?! Reffing in European sports is always fair and done with the utmost of integrity!

      For a 2nd year player who's likely going to be a 4th offensive option (maybe 3rd at best), I'd be quite happy with 4-6 FTA per game.
      Lithuania has high quality refs and they are well known in Europe/FIBA games, but they still have sympathy for their team.

      There was a lot of not much contact foul calls, you can get it here when you play with same nationality refs, but you will never get in NBA.

      Just think, he's averaging 8.5 FTA in 20 minutes.

      Comment


      • rocwell wrote: View Post
        Just think, he's averaging 8.5 FTA in 20 minutes.
        Now that you mention it, the 'highlight' reels are conspicuously jam packed with free-throw shooting.

        Comment


        • Lets Extrapolate.

          I expect Jonas to average 32-36 minutes a game this year. Lets average at 34.

          Per 34 Minute #s during 7 games:

          25.8 ppg - 15.3 rpg - 2.21 bpg - 3.7 to - 3.57 pf - 14.45 FTA

          On 70% FG.

          Obviously his stats are going to calm down in October, but by how much? He has shown the ability to dominate on a 70% FG against full grown men so clearly Lithuania can squeeze much more usage out of him. For the Raptors, JV will have less usage so his numbers would be less efficient per minute, but he will have more minutes. I personally expect the 15 ppg 8 rpg 1.2 bpg on 55% FG in 34 mpg that he showed he can so calmly sink if given the ball.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

          Comment


          • enlightenment wrote: View Post
            Lets Extrapolate.

            I expect Jonas to average 32-36 minutes a game this year. Lets average at 34.

            Per 34 Minute #s during 7 games:

            25.8 ppg - 15.3 rpg - 2.21 bpg - 3.7 to - 3.57 pf - 14.45 FTA

            On 70% FG.

            Obviously his stats are going to calm down in October, but by how much? He has shown the ability to dominate on a 70% FG against full grown men so clearly Lithuania can squeeze much more usage out of him. For the Raptors, JV will have less usage so his numbers would be less efficient per minute, but he will have more minutes. I personally expect the 15 ppg 8 rpg 1.2 bpg on 55% FG in 34 mpg that he showed he can so calmly sink if given the ball.
            You're such a tease :P

            Comment


            • Wouldn't be surprised to see JV averaging 8-10 points a game on free throws. He is bigger and stronger, so opposing bigs are going to have to muscle him up that much more and some of them are going to wind up fouling him in the process. He seems to have developed a couple of extra moves and no doubt will be more confident this season. And that should mean going to the basket more.

              It is not going to hurt the Raps that opposing teams bigs are going to be collecting a few extra fouls.

              Comment


              • I'm just glad he has two veteran defensive bigs in the rotation with him. They should help he lots on D. I'm still not sold on JV as a defender. I mostly blame him and AB's atrocious defense together as a combo for the 4-19 start.
                @Chr1st1anL

                Comment


                • Short highlight Valanciunas against Czech Republic (2013.08.23) with no free trows

                  http://tv.lrytas.lt/?id=13773464551375703303
                  Last edited by pupkiz; Sat Aug 24, 2013, 01:50 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Comment


                    • BTW, when he's at the free throw line, are they yelling "Jonas! Jonas!"?

                      Comment


                      • Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                        BTW, when he's at the free throw line, are they yelling "Jonas! Jonas!"?
                        I think so. At least it sounds like it
                        Last edited by rocwell; Sat Aug 24, 2013, 04:27 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                          BTW, when he's at the free throw line, are they yelling "Jonas! Jonas!"?
                          yep
                          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

                          Comment


                          • Looking forward to see how he does when the real games begin at Eurobasket. Sure looking fine at this point!

                            Comment


                            • Eurobasket looks like a cake walk compared to the hard fouls and defense in the nba.

                              On the other hand, it looks more difficult than Summer League.

                              Jonas is turning into a beast... but he still needs help. I hope Amir and Hansbrough can help him.

                              Comment


                              • drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                                Eurobasket looks like a cake walk compared to the hard fouls and defense in the nba.

                                On the other hand, it looks more difficult than Summer League.

                                Jonas is turning into a beast... but he still needs help. I hope Amir and Hansbrough can help him.
                                This isn't Eurobasket yet; it's just exhibition games.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X