No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh. Well, they look more serious than Summer League imo.

Comment

• drunkmunky wrote: View Post
      Oh. Well, they look more serious than Summer League imo.
      They are. JV played against kids in Summer League, and here guys are with 2-10 years experience.

I can't wait for Eurobasket to start, then we'll see some real action. I hope so.
      Last edited by rocwell; Sun Aug 25, 2013, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• the czech highlight video reminded me of all those raptor games where jonas rolls, asks for the ball, but they never pass it to him.

Comment

• phez wrote: View Post
          the czech highlight video reminded me of all those raptor games where jonas rolls, asks for the ball, but they never pass it to him.
          Very true and very frustrating to watch.

However, in the NBA the defenders are much faster, quicker, and bigger. There is much less room for error and there are going to be a few guys on the floor who can jump up and take it from JV. Against the Czech and most international competitions the PG can just throw it up and let JV go get it.

Although one could also make an argument for execution or attention to detail.

Comment

• Well, I can see one thing, he has some serious post moves, moves he has never shown at any level, ever, and THAT, is all I need to be happy about his progress.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Very true and very frustrating to watch.

However, in the NBA the defenders are much faster, quicker, and bigger. There is much less room for error and there are going to be a few guys on the floor who can jump up and take it from JV. Against the Czech and most international competitions the PG can just throw it up and let JV go get it.

Although one could also make an argument for execution or attention to detail.
              It's a bit harder ro run P&Rs in fiba competition where the court is more narrow, there is less spacing and there isn't a defensive three second call, teams with athletic defenders can really shut all of the pick and rolls down easily, of course, nobody would mistake the Czech defenders for athletic freaks, but running a lot of P&Rs against a French or a similar team is a disaster waiting to happen

Comment

• its like, you dont have to target the pass 1ft from the basket, in the middle of 3 defenders, to make the pass on the roll. he does one move near the middle of the video, gets the ball at around the top of the key, two steps and he's already at the basket. and then theres the lobcity pass he does at the end which toronto barely tried at all last season.
                Last edited by phez; Mon Aug 26, 2013, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• Lithuania and JV will be playing Italy tonight. Game starts at 11:30 et.

Stream: http://www.sportotv.lt/rungtynes/1477/lietuva-italija

Comment

• Man, wheres JV? Didnt play him all 2nd quarter, and the 3rd quarter he still is not in!
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      Man, wheres JV? Didnt play him all 2nd quarter, and the 3rd quarter he still is not in!
                      Why play him a lot if other guys do well. I really, really don't want to see JV get injured few days before Eurobasket..

EDIT: He's in.
                      Last edited by rocwell; Tue Aug 27, 2013, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        Why play him a lot if other guys do well. I really, really don't want to see JV get injured few days before Eurobasket..

2 minutes left in the 3rd and they play him.

Did he play any of the 1st?
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                          2 minutes left in the 3rd and they play him.

Did he play any of the 1st?
                          I don't know, just started watching tbh

Comment

• JV finished with 9 PTS ( 3/6 FG, 3/6 FT ) 7 REB, 0 TO, 1 Foul and 2 blocks in 23 mins action.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

I agree with that. The actual Eurobasket schedule looks tough. He'll have a bunch of games through september and then has training camp. As fun as it us for us to see the impressive stats, let him ease in now in meaningless games

Comment

• Lithuanian Raptor fan just skyped me this:

Comment

Working...
                                X