Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I can't decide what I'd prefer. Spain means a much tougher game for Jonas and the team, but a much better test for him/them. Italy means Jonas may have a field day inside against Italy's "bigs".
    Spain bigs Marc and Mumbru ( or something like that sorry ) looks like a real deal, but Marc Gasol is getting windy so fast. I don't think Spain bigs can keep up against LTU bigs if they(LTU) try to stretch floor a lot with twins and Motiejunas. What I saw from the last games Motiejunas and JV duo works very well. I really hope to see JV having great test against Marc Gasol.

But rumours r that Spain doesn't want to play Lithuania in QF ( strange, right?! ) and they just don't look good in a match vs Italy (they had monster 2nd Q tho).

EDIT: I have to take my words back about Spain. : D
    Last edited by rocwell; Mon Sep 16, 2013, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      Spain bigs Marc and Mumbru ( or something like that sorry ) looks like a real deal, but Marc Gasol is getting windy so fast. I don't think Spain bigs can keep up against LTU bigs if they(LTU) try to stretch floor a lot with twins and Motiejunas. What I saw from the last games Motiejunas and JV duo works very well. I really hope to see JV having great test against Marc Gasol.

But rumours r that Spain doesn't want to play Lithuania in QF ( strange, right?! ) and they just don't look good in a match vs Italy (they had monster 2nd Q tho).

EDIT: I have to take my words back about Spain. : D
      I'm just worried JV will pick up a couple of quick fouls against Gasol, and not even get the paltry 17 minutes he's been averaging. Of course the flip side is a good game against Gasol would maybe be a very good sign.

Comment

I'm just worried JV will pick up a couple of quick fouls against Gasol, and not even get the paltry 17 minutes he's been averaging. Of course the flip side is a good game against Gasol would maybe be a very good sign.
        Will see. It's possible that JV isn't even playing Spain in QF.

Spain from +15 to tie in the last 4:36 mins. Overtime. ( M Gasol 28 pts 7 rebs... )

Just saw Raptors jersey in the stands!
        Last edited by rocwell; Mon Sep 16, 2013, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Will see. It's possible that JV isn't even playing Spain in QF.

Spain from +15 to tie in the last 4:36 mins. Overtime.
          Indeed...though I'm a firm believer that with Spain as constructed, you need to match up against Gasol, and you need a good big to do it. Not sure Lithuania's other bigs are up to the task, and playing small would probably be a disaster. Greece only pulled out a victory against them because Bourousis was able to match up pretty well against Gasol...every time he was off the floor Greece got chewed up inside. Jonas has been LIT's best inside defender by a pretty wide margin from what I've seen.

Comment

Indeed...though I'm a firm believer that with Spain as constructed, you need to match up against Gasol, and you need a good big to do it. Not sure Lithuania's other bigs are up to the task, and playing small would probably be a disaster. Greece only pulled out a victory against them because Bourousis was able to match up pretty well against Gasol...every time he was off the floor Greece got chewed up inside. Jonas has been LIT's best inside defender by a pretty wide margin from what I've seen.
            Exactly. Twins are too small for him and other center is.. just too old, too slow.

Anyway, Spain just lost to Italy and Lithuania will meet Italy in QF. If LTU win QF they'll meet Ukraine or Croatia in semi-final.
            Last edited by rocwell; Mon Sep 16, 2013, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Exactly. Twins are too small for him and other center is.. just too old, too slow.

Anyway, Spain just lost to Italy and Lithuania will meet Italy in QF. If LTU win QF they'll meet Ukraine or Croatia in semi-final.
              Italy's gotta be the surprise of the tournament. It constantly seems like they're playing above their talent level. And they lack bigs, and aren't that fast for a small ball team. I don't really get it.

Comment

Italy's gotta be the surprise of the tournament. It constantly seems like they're playing above their talent level. And they lack bigs, and aren't that fast for a small ball team. I don't really get it.
                I am waiting for the comment that there's another team suddenly better without il mago than with him.

Comment

And just imagine if they had Bargnani!

Comment

• No Bargnani ( maybe that's why they're winning ), no Danilo Gallinari and still, they play like champions.

I hope to see JV putting some monster stats against Italy bigs. ( If he gets any minutes.. )

Comment

• LITHUANIA PASSING CENTER TORCH TO JONAS

http://www.eurobasket2013.org/en/coi...leMode_on.html

Comment

• Italy is without their enforcer Mancinelli.

Comment

• Next game will be on Thursday.

Lithuania vs Italy quarter finals at 4pm et time.

Comment

• Spain lost intentionally, to avoid LT, I know it sounds strange, but it was obvious.
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                              Spain lost intentionally, to avoid LT, I know it sounds strange, but it was obvious.
                              No chance. Serbia's just as tough a match.

Comment

• Have you seen the game? It was obvious. At one moment they were literally throwing bricks from foul line. Serbia has weaker frontline and Spain already know Serbia's game and beaten them in friendly games. It's just that Spain has only Gasol at the frontline and their coach does not want to risk, going against team with deep frontline in quarterfinals.
                                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Working...
                                X