Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone catch this stat?

Jonas Valanciunas: 1st player with 30 pts/30 rebounds in 1st 2 career playoff games since Ralph Sampson/Sam Perkins (1985) (@eliassports)

Needless to say that apart from not displaying any jitters he seems to have not allowed his DUI problems interfere with his play either. Mentally strong I would say. The best of it for me is that he has kept KG quiet so far.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
      Anyone catch this stat?

Jonas Valanciunas: 1st player with 30 pts/30 rebounds in 1st 2 career playoff games since Ralph Sampson/Sam Perkins (1985) (@eliassports)

Needless to say that apart from not displaying any jitters he seems to have not allowed his DUI problems interfere with his play either. Mentally strong I would say. The best of it for me is that he has kept KG quiet so far.
      Best thing for me is that he's controlled the glass for 2 games straight. He's singlehandedly outrebounded KG/Blatche/Plumlee in both games.

Comment

• Might've been a different story if Jonas had Lopez to contend with, but an impressive feat nonetheless.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Might've been a different story if Jonas had Lopez to contend with, but an impressive feat nonetheless.
          Considering Lopez isn't a great rebounder, I honestly question how much of an impact he'd have. Plumlee does a better job than Lopez.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• JV growing up right in front of us. Going to be a beast once he learns to position himself in the low post, on O. He currently is getting pushed out a bit too far where he has to take more dribbles than he probably should. DD getting the recognition after game 2, but JV by far the unsung hero.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              Considering Lopez isn't a great rebounder, I honestly question how much of an impact he'd have. Plumlee does a better job than Lopez.
              I just think having to defend Lopez (a far superior offensive player than both Plumlee and KG right now) for 4 quarters, would likely lead to foul trouble, which leads to less minutes, which leads to less rebounds.

But all hypotheticals, I know.
              Last edited by Nilanka; Wed Apr 23, 2014, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                I just think having to defend Lopez (a far superior offensive player than both Plumlee and KG right now) for 4 quarters, would likely lead to foul trouble, which leads to less minutes, which leads to less rebounds.

But all hypothicals, I know.
                Ah, an indirect impact like that is more plausible.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Center linked to Perkins and Samson bad omen

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I wonder how well his recent development carries over into next season? He really is putting up some magnificent numbers. For March and April (regular season) he averaged 9.5 rebounds and 14.5 points. Playing against the Nets is as much about match-ups as anything else, I believe. Not reflective of his actual current ability in general. But he is demonstrating improved play and focus as well. That might be a function of prep time. Which maybe helps reinforce the right attitude and culture in him moving into next season.

He could average 10 and 15 next year, with steady improvement leading towards the playoffs.

Comment

• Jonas offensively isn't the issue. Defense is where he needs to improve.He has the length and size to be a great center maybe even DPOTY but he is far off that.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        Jonas offensively isn't the issue. Defense is where he needs to improve.He has the length and size to be a great center maybe even DPOTY but he is far off that.

Don't think he'll be DPOY. I think he'll be able to hold his own, but, he won't reach DPOY status. Which is perfectly fine. As long as he's above average on man-to-man, and even average on his rotations, should be okay.

Comment

• He'll probably settle into a solid big man defensively but that is a long way off. Probably not even close to ceiling at 24-25.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            Jonas offensively isn't the issue. Defense is where he needs to improve.He has the length and size to be a great center maybe even DPOTY but he is far off that.

If he can average 10 rebounds a game, then he is already doing pretty well defensively. Rebounds are indicative of boxing out. We see him change shots in games and we see him get some blocks. Likewise tips and once in a while a steal. No reason to expect hm not to improve in all those areas. Simply projecting out a slower rate of improvement for the next 2-3 years (no reason why he should stop improving before then) and he will be approaching top 5 territory defensively, if not living comfortably within it.

Comment

• phiLLy wrote: View Post
                              Don't think he'll be DPOY..
                              Why not? I mean who knows whether he can get anywhere near that level, but he has all the physical tools to be a great defensive center so he has a chance...

Comment

• For anyone that watched, try to remember how Joakim Noah looked in his second year before you start putting a ceiling on Jonas' game
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X