Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lol Jonas

    Lithuania should send him to their d league or something smh

    edit: k, he woke up
    Last edited by rocwell; Sat Aug 9, 2014, 01:54 PM.

    Comment


    • Good 2nd quarter for JV. Finished 1st half with 12 points and 8 rebounds.

      Comment


      • Yea he stepped up a lot in the second quarter. Keep me posted on his stats
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

        Comment


        • didn't play much in the 3rd quarter

          Comment


          • I watched the 4th and he looked good. Do you know what his stats were to end the game?
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

            Comment


            • Defuq Muggsy Bogues is doing in Lithuania's friendly game??

              Comment


              • GLF wrote: View Post
                I watched the 4th and he looked good. Do you know what his stats were to end the game?

                20 pts and 10+ (not sure) rebounds
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

                Comment


                • RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                  20 pts and 10+ (not sure) rebounds
                  Okay thanks. Is there a place to check the boxscore?
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                  Comment


                  • JV finished with 20 points and 11 rebounds in about 23 minutes.

                    Impression :

                    - looked very calm and composed, very confident, didn't run around like a young pup, everything had a purpose.
                    - first couple minutes was kind of out of phase with his teammates, but looked very good the rest of the game
                    - impressed me with his courtvision and passing, delivered quickly and on spot; if teammates finished better he could have had about 7 assists
                    - looks strong, although Finland didn't have exactly a guy to match up with him
                    - got every rebound that was for grabs on both ends
                    - contested shots when opponents attacked the rim, no easy shots for bigs or quick guards
                    - looked very mature and calm, though action and decisions were very quick, very veteran like.
                    - had only one fake, fake again drive to the rim sequance, which ended in him getting fouled and a couple of freebies.

                    Very solid all around, especially considering it was his first game with this team. Was a little gased at the end and asked coach to be taken out. Should be good in a couple more games.

                    Next game is monday against Australia (Exum might not play, suffered a minor injury I heard, but we'll see).

                    Comment


                    • BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
                      JV finished with 20 points and 11 rebounds in about 23 minutes.

                      Impression :

                      - looked very calm and composed, very confident, didn't run around like a young pup, everything had a purpose.
                      - first couple minutes was kind of out of phase with his teammates, but looked very good the rest of the game
                      - impressed me with his courtvision and passing, delivered quickly and on spot; if teammates finished better he could have had about 7 assists
                      - looks strong, although Finland didn't have exactly a guy to match up with him
                      - got every rebound that was for grabs on both ends
                      - contested shots when opponents attacked the rim, no easy shots for bigs or quick guards
                      - looked very mature and calm, though action and decisions were very quick, very veteran like.
                      - had only one fake, fake again drive to the rim sequance, which ended in him getting fouled and a couple of freebies.

                      Very solid all around, especially considering it was his first game with this team. Was a little gased at the end and asked coach to be taken out. Should be good in a couple more games.

                      Next game is monday against Australia (Exum might not play, suffered a minor injury I heard, but we'll see).
                      Jonas started 1Q like a confident pussy.

                      Comment


                      • GLF wrote: View Post
                        Okay thanks. Is there a place to check the boxscore?
                        Lithuania: Jonas Valančiūnas 20 (11 atk. kam.), Mindaugas Kuzminskas 17, Simas Jasaitis 13, Martynas Pocius 8, Antanas Kavaliauskas 4, Kšištofas Lavrinovičius 3, Mantas Kalnietis 2 (0/6 metimų, 11 rez. perd.), Jonas Mačiulis 2, Donatas Motiejūnas 2.

                        Finland: Geraldas Lee 20, Erikas Murphy 14, Anteras Lehtas 10, Teemu Rannikkas 6, Mikkas Koivistas 6, Shawnas Huffas 5, Hanno Mottola 3, Tukka Kotti 2.

                        Not really, all I can get for you is this
                        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

                        Comment


                        • BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
                          JV finished with 20 points and 11 rebounds in about 23 minutes.

                          Impression :

                          - looked very calm and composed, very confident, didn't run around like a young pup, everything had a purpose.
                          - first couple minutes was kind of out of phase with his teammates, but looked very good the rest of the game
                          - impressed me with his courtvision and passing, delivered quickly and on spot; if teammates finished better he could have had about 7 assists
                          - looks strong, although Finland didn't have exactly a guy to match up with him
                          - got every rebound that was for grabs on both ends
                          - contested shots when opponents attacked the rim, no easy shots for bigs or quick guards
                          - looked very mature and calm, though action and decisions were very quick, very veteran like.
                          - had only one fake, fake again drive to the rim sequance, which ended in him getting fouled and a couple of freebies.

                          Very solid all around, especially considering it was his first game with this team. Was a little gased at the end and asked coach to be taken out. Should be good in a couple more games.

                          Next game is monday against Australia (Exum might not play, suffered a minor injury I heard, but we'll see).
                          Completely agree with the assists part. His court vision really surprised me. His teammates just couldn't finish. Do you know how many assists he ended up with?
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                          Comment


                          • RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                            Lithuania: Jonas Valančiūnas 20 (11 atk. kam.), Mindaugas Kuzminskas 17, Simas Jasaitis 13, Martynas Pocius 8, Antanas Kavaliauskas 4, Kšištofas Lavrinovičius 3, Mantas Kalnietis 2 (0/6 metimų, 11 rez. perd.), Jonas Mačiulis 2, Donatas Motiejūnas 2.

                            Finland: Geraldas Lee 20, Erikas Murphy 14, Anteras Lehtas 10, Teemu Rannikkas 6, Mikkas Koivistas 6, Shawnas Huffas 5, Hanno Mottola 3, Tukka Kotti 2.

                            Not really, all I can get for you is this
                            Thanks so much!
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                            Comment


                            • The only negative I would say about him today is he still gets gassed very easily. He was tired very early on in the 1st quarter. He needs to improve his cardio because we need him to play big minutes for us during the season. I don't want to see too much Hayes and Bebe if I don't need to. I also don't want Amir to have to play too much center. If he looked to have gained a lot of weight I would understand him being tired, but he hasn't really gained much weight from the look of it so he should be used to his body by now.
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                              Comment


                              • GLF wrote: View Post
                                The only negative I would say about him today is he still gets gassed very easily. He was tired very early on in the 1st quarter. He needs to improve his cardio because we need him to play big minutes for us during the season. I don't want to see too much Hayes and Bebe if I don't need to. I also don't want Amir to have to play too much center. If he looked to have gained a lot of weight I would understand him being tired, but he hasn't really gained much weight from the look of it so he should be used to his body by now.
                                You also should relax a bit and not read into an exhibition performance against a bad team that is also the first competitive game Jonas has played 3 months. If ever there's a time it's ok to looked gas, it's when you're playing your first game in a long time. I actually thought his level of 'pop' in terms of having a bounce in his step and good energy throughout the game was not bad considering. Better than a lot of early season games last year.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X