Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stretch wrote: View Post
    To be "succinct" Mason had a more efficient year with a 19.07 PER and 65% field goal %. 14.60 PER and 51% FG% for Miles.
    Thats cause all Mason did was clean up after his teammates bricks. Dude is not as talented as his bro

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      Thats cause all Mason did was clean up after his teammates bricks. Dude is not as talented as his bro
      That's what Plumlees do best.
      Last edited by stretch; Thu Aug 21, 2014, 12:55 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Thanks for the post. Interesting write up. Nice to see the props given JV and the observation of his defensive mediocrity. On the other hand, the writer notes that he's not BAD defensively, just not great. Definitely something he can work on, and he has shown a propensity to work. Great future.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            Potential final? I don't see Lithuania-USA final happening. They'll face off in semis, course.. if they manage to get trough quarter finals
            My bad, I don't really know the whole fiba system works. I'm definanlty going to watch that game. If they ever meet of course
            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• JV stats in exhibition games ( from basketnews.lt )

Comment

• Would like to see more assists. I recall a post where someone mentioned he was passing out of the post and his team mates were missing badly.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                  Would like to see more assists. I recall a post where someone mentioned he was passing out of the post and his team mates were missing badly.
                  Well, Lithuania guards move a ball A LOT. It feels like extra pass is must action for them Also, I'm not sure how many mins he averaged, but I have a feeling it's below 25 mins a game.

Comment

JV stats in exhibition games ( from basketnews.lt )

67% from the Field?? 81% from the Line?! That's a man that can't be stopped.

Blocks are LOW though.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      67% from the Field?? 81% from the Line?! That's a man that can't be stopped.

Blocks are LOW though.
                      Maybe the opponents were just too scared to shoot near JV and elected for the more dignified result of the shot clock violation rather than get royally stuffed
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        Maybe the opponents were just too scared to shoot near JV and elected for the more dignified result of the shot clock violation rather than get royally stuffed
                        Threw themselves on their swords as it were. I buy it.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Yea the blocks are the only thing I'm worried about. He should have a least 1 block. But the assists don't worry me too much because he is moving the ball and passing out of double teams fairly well. I think it's either his passes are the hockey assist or guys aren't hitting shots.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I haven't been watching the games, but isn't is safe the say, that many of the teams are perimeter teams, with big men that can't match up to JV, which causes them to constantly shoot the Long 2/Threes?

Comment

• phiLLy wrote: View Post
                              I haven't been watching the games, but isn't is safe the say, that many of the teams are perimeter teams, with big men that can't match up to JV, which causes them to constantly shoot the Long 2/Threes?
                              I've only watched a couple of games and not even the full game so I'm not sure. But you are right there are a lot of perimeter shots being taken from what I can remember. But I did read somewhere that Lithuania hasn't played that great of defense and Jonas isn't helping much on that front. I was hoping Jonas' defense would improve because I think that's a big reason why Casey doesn't play him enough at the ending of games. 2Patt and Amir are much better defensively than Jonas and Amir.
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

JV stats in exhibition games ( from basketnews.lt )

Impressive and efficient numbers on offense. Hate to complain, but rebounds and block shots are really low and I would think that is what the Raptors want from him this season more than the offense. Small sample size anyway, and doesn't accurately reflect what his season will be.

Comment

Working...
                                X