Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Damn, relax. This is what I mean. Some of you can't even be objective when it comes to JV. All I said is that you can't use Fiba as a reason of why JV will dominate next year. The reason why I have faith in DD is cause his a basketball junkie and his work ethic will never be questioned.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Only B/R writers are using FIBA performances to predict breakout years. Jonas had very solid world cup, but it doesn't mean that his solid and consistent game will translate to the NBA.

    Comment


    • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Damn, relax. This is what I mean. Some of you can't even be objective when it comes to JV. All I said is that you can't use Fiba as a reason of why JV will dominate next year. The reason why I have faith in DD is cause his a basketball junkie and his work ethic will never be questioned.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      And what about JV makes you think he's not to the point where you ahve so many questions/doubts about him? By all accounts he works his butt off, and his work is evident in his development.

      So yeah, when you knock him and say you don't understand why people are so high on him, coupled with how you've long defended DeMar, you just sound like a complete hypocrite.

      Comment


      • DanH wrote: View Post
        DeRozan's first year:
        RAPM: -1.9, -1.9
        WS/48: .066
        PER: 12.5

        DeRozan's second year:
        RAPM: -0.9, -1.6
        WS/48: .055
        PER: 14.5

        DeRozan's third year:
        RAPM: -0.5, -1.1
        WS/48: .054
        PER: 12.8

        ---

        Jonas' first year:
        RAPM: -1.7, 0.5
        WS/48: .127
        PER: 15.6

        Jonas' second year:
        RAPM: -1.3, -1.7
        WS/48: .141
        PER: 16.1

        Jonas' third year: ???
        white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Also looking at other stats....because no stats are perfect so may as well throw some more into the picture for something to mull over...

        Jonas
        1st year: ORTG 113, DRTG 106, OWS 2.5, DWS 1.5
        2nd year: ORTG 112, DRTG 104, OWS 3.5, DWS 3.2

        DeMar has never, not in 5 years, put up as high an ORTG, or as low a DRTG as Jonas has in either of his 2 seasons. His best year for both was last year at 110 and 107 respectively for O and D.

        And for WS and looking at highs for each guy, DeMar has only once gone over 3.5 OWS, and that was last year at 5.8. And he has never put up a better DWS than the 3.2 Jonas did last year (DeMar's high was 3.0 and also last year).

        Now, they play totally different positions, but again, I don't know how someone can have so much patience and blind faith in DeMar but constantly shit on Jonas.
        What are you guys doing bringing rationality to an irrational witch hunt?

        Comment


        • Everything Valanciunas

          white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          And what about JV makes you think he's not to the point where you ahve so many questions/doubts about him? By all accounts he works his butt off, and his work is evident in his development.

          So yeah, when you knock him and say you don't understand why people are so high on him, coupled with how you've long defended DeMar, you just sound like a complete hypocrite.
          How did I knock him? All I said is that his World Cup play shouldn't sway ppl into believing that it will translate to the NBA. Doesn't mean he won't have success this year. Just saying not to base it on this tournament. I know you've adopted JV as your own but the rest of us are still allowed to be objective when it's comes to him.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Mon Sep 15, 2014, 05:47 PM.
          @Chr1st1anL

          Comment


          • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            And what about JV makes you think he's not to the point where you ahve so many questions/doubts about him? By all accounts he works his butt off, and his work is evident in his development.

            So yeah, when you knock him and say you don't understand why people are so high on him, coupled with how you've long defended DeMar, you just sound like a complete hypocrite.
            I don't see evidence of JV practicing his dribbling skills when shopping at Walmart like DeRozan.

            Comment


            • Lets review:

              mcHAPPY wrote: View Post


              I like the move at 0:22.

              He is starting to get it.
              I posted highlights of France-Lithuania game.

              I highlighted the move at 22secs.


              Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              There's a huge difference between Fiba play and the NBA. Who did JV really match up against in this tourney? Not one Center he played against made it to the league. Except the USA team


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Bold 1: undermining and discrediting the highlights. Considering this came immediately after my post, I'm assuming the highlights, in particular the move at 22secs, were a knock to the competition and the performance.

              Bold 2: Again, undermining and discrediting the competition and performance.

              Bold 3: Yet again undermining competition and JV's performance.



              rocwell wrote: View Post
              Ayon, Asik, Cousins, Davis, Gobert.
              Then there is the obvious correction.


              Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              DeMar didn't play. Dd has already proven to be an All-Star in this league. I just don't feel that JV has earned the untouchable label that he has on this forum. To me his hasn't even proved to be more valuable than Ross.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              The gloves just came off. One year younger and despite playing the hardest position to fill in the NBA....but Ross is still more valuable. I see.



              Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              How did I knock him? All I said is that his World Cup play shouldn't sway ppl into believing that it will translate to the NBA. Doesn't mean he won't have success this year. Just saying not to base it on this tournament. I know you've adopted JV as your own but the rest of us are still allowed to be objective when it's comes to him.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Bold 1: re-read your posts.

              Bold 2: Who said this? Your post came after a highlight package was posted with emphasis on one post move. I played post and I'm not going to lie I was pretty good. The very fact he is attempting the moves in game situations is more than half the battle when performing post moves. That was the point - he is adding new facets to his game and this isn't the only move he has broke out this summer. It would appear to me that he has been putting the work in. Very few develop without putting the work in - as DeMar has more than demonstrated.

              Bold 3: But who said this?

              Bold 4: You lack objectivity... sorry. When highlights are shown and your response is:

              Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              There's a huge difference between Fiba play and the NBA. Who did JV really match up against in this tourney? Not one Center he played against made it to the league. Except the USA team
              .....there is an obvious axe to grind.

              Comment


              • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                How did I knock him? All I said is that his World Cup play shouldn't sway ppl into believing that it will translate to the NBA. Doesn't mean he won't have success this year. Just saying not to base it on this tournament. I know you've adopted JV as your own but the rest of us are still allowed to be objective when it's comes to him.
                You knock him all the time. You pretty much never miss an opportunity to slight him in whatever way afforded to you by the topic at the time. Now you claim it has to do with FIBA comments. But I wasn't even in the discussion when FIBA was the focus of discussion. So let me then refresh your memory as to what else you've said most recently in this thread.

                Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                DeMar didn't play. Dd has already proven to be an All-Star in this league. I just don't feel that JV has earned the untouchable label that he has on this forum. To me his hasn't even proved to be more valuable than Ross.
                To which I countered a high quality 2-way big is arguably the best piece to have after a true franchise player. That makes him virtually untouchable because there aren't that many guys you can definitively say have more on-court value than what JV has the chance to reach. That includes Ross.

                Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Damn, relax. This is what I mean. Some of you can't even be objective when it comes to JV. All I said is that you can't use Fiba as a reason of why JV will dominate next year. The reason why I have faith in DD is cause his a basketball junkie and his work ethic will never be questioned.
                And then you bring this logic in. You claim objectivity, but then you use "basketball junkie and work ethic" as the key component of your supposedly objective rationale. Meanwhile, you doubt JV's potential, when he's shown to be a hard working basketball junkie, and say Ross could be better, when Ross had never shown any encouraging signs in that respect until this past summer when he was working with DeMar.

                Really doesn't seem to me like you're being objective. Seems to me like you look for any reason to say something negative about JV, and pretty much refuse to look for any reasons to similarly criticize the players (and coach) you like most.

                Comment


                • So basically you guys our getting on me cause I choice to have a separate opinion? If you guys believe that Jonas will be an MVP candidate go ahead.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  @Chr1st1anL

                  Comment




                  • He's so happy.
                    OG is our king

                    Comment


                    • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      So basically you guys our getting on me cause I choice to have a separate opinion? If you guys believe that Jonas will be an MVP candidate go ahead.


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Yes, that is exactly it.

                      You nailed it. Way to go!

                      Hoooray!

                      We all think JV is going to be an MVP candidate.


                      Congrats and taking your objectivity and opinions and doing this:

                      Comment


                      • mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        Yes, that is exactly it.

                        You nailed it. Way to go!

                        Hoooray!

                        We all think JV is going to be an MVP candidate.


                        Congrats and taking your objectivity and opinions and doing this:

                        Was Joackim Noah not an MVP candidate?


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        @Chr1st1anL

                        Comment


                        • Where did this mvp talk come from? What the hell...?

                          Comment


                          • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            Was Joackim Noah not an MVP candidate?


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I feel like you purposely spell shit wrong to annoy us

                            Comment


                            • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              Where did this mvp talk come from? What the hell...?

                              Let the record show Ch1st1anL has gone cra-cra over JV highlights and one positive comment regarding a post move displayed during FIBA competition.

                              Comment


                              • Someone has to lend a hand to Chr1s1anL from getting gang-banged. I imagine he took a bunch of gang-banging while defending DeMar too, and whose looking smart now?

                                mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                What are you guys doing bringing rationality to an irrational witch hunt?
                                Spouting a bunch of stats to compare players in vastly different positions, with vastly different responsibilities, playing on vastly different teams (DeMar played on much worse versions of the Raps), is not rationality, but misusing stats to support a narrative.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X