Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inthepaint
    replied
    Who's up for JV shooting more 3's this year? I'd like to to see it go up to 4-5 attempts. Is this something Nurse envision for him?

Leave a comment:

• omgsomuchpotential
    replied
    Truth Teller wrote: View Post
    Can't wait for JV to destroy the Pisstons and the Spurs. JV probably the happiest to see Demar and Casey leave.

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied
    Dwane Casey wrote: View Post
    It wasn't a conditioning issue.
    First post since November. Great.

Leave a comment:

• Truth Teller
    replied
    Can't wait for JV to destroy the Pisstons and the Spurs. JV probably the happiest to see Demar and Casey leave.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    Just Is wrote: View Post
    Pretty much agree with this with the exception being that I think you meant Most Improved Player of the year at the end the...
    Right you are. Corrected original post.
    Last edited by Puffer; Sat Jul 21, 2018, 12:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jangles
    replied
    Dwane Casey wrote: View Post
    Lol, love it!

Leave a comment:

• Just Is
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    Lost in all the bruhaha about Kawhi coming to Toronto is the impact this change will have on Valanciunis' game.What happens to him offensively and defensively?

Offensively he will have so many options to pass to after receiving the ball that there will be no more double teaming him down low. (Or at least, no double teaming without paying a price). If he receive the ball up top, he can fake, take two steps and then pass the ball out to whichever corner' man comes in to help. Then it's a three point shot or he receives the ball back for an easy dunk. If he keeps working on his three, which he seems to be doing, then there is always that as an option. If his man comes out to cover him, two Raptors wings are cutting to the basket.

Defensively, what will it mean when when offensive players aren't leaking past their defensive covers like Niagara Falls pouring through the mesh of a hoop? It means he can stick with his cover instead of having to run out to the corner to try and stop a blown assignment. He can control the paint, or stick with his man, whichever is appropriate...and Nurse has the option to cover the opposing C with any one of three different palyers, if that makes more sense.

Essentially, with the acquisition of Leonard and Green, JV's positives get utilized more, and his negatives get covered more. He has a reasonable chance for 6th Man of the Year, or at least to be in the conversation.
    Pretty much agree with this with the exception being that I think you meant Most Improved Player of the year at the end there.

Even before Kawhi; I was thinking with just the coaching change; there'd be a good chance to break out for JV and I even said earlier than that that there would be a very good chance that JV is at least in the All Star conversation this season.

Leave a comment:

• Dwane Casey
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    I've always wondered about his mins. He's only averaging 25 mins a game the last few years.

If that is still the case next season then its probably a conditioning issue.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    I've always wondered about his mins. He's only averaging 25 mins a game the last few years.

If that is still the case next season then its probably a conditioning issue.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    With Poeltl, Bebe and Casey no longer here I could see JV averaging over 30mpg. Of course we could still get a 4th big, but at this point I can't see JV averaging in the low 20's like he did in previous years.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    Lost in all the bruhaha about Kawhi coming to Toronto is the impact this change will have on Valanciunis' game.What happens to him offensively and defensively?

Offensively he will have so many options to pass to after receiving the ball that there will be no more double teaming him down low. (Or at least, no double teaming without paying a price). If he receive the ball up top, he can fake, take two steps and then pass the ball out to whichever corner' man comes in to help. Then it's a three point shot or he receives the ball back for an easy dunk. If he keeps working on his three, which he seems to be doing, then there is always that as an option. If his man comes out to cover him, two Raptors wings are cutting to the basket.

Defensively, what will it mean when when offensive players aren't leaking past their defensive covers like Niagara Falls pouring through the mesh of a hoop? It means he can stick with his cover instead of having to run out to the corner to try and stop a blown assignment. He can control the paint, or stick with his man, whichever is appropriate...and Nurse has the option to cover the opposing C with any one of three different palyers, if that makes more sense.

Essentially, with the acquisition of Leonard and Green, JV's positives get utilized more, and his negatives get covered more. He has a reasonable chance for Most Improved Player of the Year, or at least to be in the conversation.
    Last edited by Puffer; Sat Jul 21, 2018, 12:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Icethis
    replied
    Big guy is having fun

Last edited by Icethis; Mon Jul 2, 2018, 03:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    he even training receiving shitty pass in case Lowry and Derozan come back next year!!!

Leave a comment:

• omgsomuchpotential
    replied
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BknXlSvn...krepsinionamai

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied
    consmap wrote: View Post
    All I want is for them to play JV when it makes sense. Also to give him the ball when it makes sense.

If he turns it over a bunch when you try to post him up, then stop giving him the ball. If he scores 3 times in a row from the post, then give him the ball some more.

If the person he's guarding is too quick for him to guard in the PnR, then take him out. If he's doing a decent job, and able to protect the rim really well, then keep him in.

Wow, so hard

Leave a comment:

Working...
X