X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury
    replied
    Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    This is not going to fucking happen. Nor should it. The minutes maybe, the shot attempts fuck no. He's not fucking Hakeem Olajuwon (who himself only had 20+ FGA per game 3 times in his career).
    Yah, I disagree. Considering his offensive efficiency, you could build your offence around pick and roll with him. And you don’t need to react so violently to anything you disagree with.

Leave a comment:

• Mindlessness
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    What am I looking at here? Does this mean JV had the most success guarding JV or did other players do better?
    Check the shooting percentages on the right side.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    It was true over the whole series.

What am I looking at here? Does this mean JV had the most success guarding JV or did other players do better?

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    Maury wrote: View Post
    If you play JV 30-34 mpg and he gets around 20-25 shot attempts he’d likely average 22+ and 12+. If Masai was able to trade Demar for value, then our team success wouldn’t change much and so all those guys who you listed would be competing with a centre getting those numbers on the best team in the east (regular season at least), so I see him making it if this happens. Granted, I don’t think it will happen but you can’t really deny that he would get these numbers if given the opportunity.
    That is a big stretch. JV averages 8.2 FGA for his career, it won’t jump to 20-25 just because Derozan got traded and we get a new coach. He’ll definitely get more shots, but won’t dramatically increase.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    This is not going to fucking happen. Nor should it. The minutes maybe, the shot attempts fuck no. He's not fucking Hakeem Olajuwon (who himself only had 20+ FGA per game 3 times in his career).
    My man, have a Snickers

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    Maury wrote: View Post
    If you play JV 30-34 mpg and he gets around 20-25 shot attempts he’d likely average 22+ and 12+. If Masai was able to trade Demar for value, then our team success wouldn’t change much and so all those guys who you listed would be competing with a centre getting those numbers on the best team in the east (regular season at least), so I see him making it if this happens. Granted, I don’t think it will happen but you can’t really deny that he would get these numbers if given the opportunity.

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    Lol.

How exactly? He goes in the pool of forwards, there are 6 that get in for sure and maybe 1 extra (usually the extras are guards though). LeBron, Giannis, Embiid, Horford, whichever Celtic is the best SF next year between Tatum/Brown/Hayward, Porzingis are all guaranteed to get in before him. Not to mention other guys like Blake Griffin, Drummond, Whiteside, etc. He's not making the ASG lmfao.

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    Just Is wrote: View Post
    Honestly; I think a Casey exit is likely the best possible news for JV. There was zero excuse for his benching (especially in game 4 of the Cavs ... how'd he end up playing less than 20 minutes for that game?) given that he was our most consistent player in the playoffs this year.

I genuinely believe that JV is either an all star or in contention for a spot next year.
    Lol.

How exactly? He goes in the pool of forwards, there are 6 that get in for sure and maybe 1 extra (usually the extras are guards though). LeBron, Giannis, Embiid, Horford, whichever Celtic is the best SF next year between Tatum/Brown/Hayward, Porzingis are all guaranteed to get in before him. Not to mention other guys like Blake Griffin, Drummond, Whiteside, etc. He's not making the ASG lmfao.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Got tied up work, yesterday. But wiill try again soon.

Someone did post a stat a few days ago showing Love's numbers while guarded by Jonas, vs. being guarded by any other Raptor. Numbers heavily favoured Jonas. Might've been for just 1 specific game though, hence my curiosity to dig deeper.
    It was true over the whole series.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    JawsGT wrote: View Post
    so did you find anything interesting? I am genuinely curious.
    Got tied up work, yesterday. But wiill try again soon.

Someone did post a stat a few days ago showing Love's numbers while guarded by Jonas, vs. being guarded by any other Raptor. Numbers heavily favoured Jonas. Might've been for just 1 specific game though, hence my curiosity to dig deeper.

Leave a comment:

• Just Is
    replied
    Honestly; I think a Casey exit is likely the best possible news for JV. There was zero excuse for his benching (especially in game 4 of the Cavs ... how'd he end up playing less than 20 minutes for that game?) given that he was our most consistent player in the playoffs this year.

I genuinely believe that JV is either an all star or in contention for a spot next year.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    The problem is there is no defensible reason why Casey so often sat him as the hottest hand, so often nailed him to the bench for entire quarters, so often sat him in smaller matchups, even after he was finally able to handle them, so often sat him at a dbl dbl first half, so often made bizarre substitutions when JV was the obvious player to sub in, so often refused to give him credit in the media or own up to his misuse even after the fact. He's young, still improving and abused here imo.

JV appears to love it here and is the ultimate team guy. But I'd be out the door in a hot second as a FA if Casey was still here.

Leave a comment:

• Mitch P
    replied
    I would be very curious to see how JV could develop playing for a coach who valued him and gave him at least 30 minutes a game. Perhaps by now he would have an even better post up game and be shooting more than one or two threes a game. The philosophy of using him according to match ups of course makes some sense but so does making the other team match up with him. I know this has been the debate all year, exemplified by the Kevin Love problem. If the Raptors don't move JV this summer I can't imagine him choosing to stay when he becomes a free agent. He'll still be young and could potentially thrive with a different coach. I thought Lowry was really using JV well this year when other things weren't working and almost always at the start of games. But then he would disappear to the bench for long stretches and even when being reinserted would seldom get the same usage. I would love to know what Lowry thinks of Casey's use of JV and Casey in general.

Leave a comment:

• KHD
    replied
    Superjudge wrote: View Post
    As if it matters. wtf.

I hate to do itm but i gotta go back against stats...eff that, watch the game, who sucked?
    demar and serge. what's your point?

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    As if it matters. wtf.

I hate to do itm but i gotta go back against stats...eff that, watch the game, who sucked?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X