No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give up our second best player, our defensive anchor and a first round for Ibaka? Lol
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Give up our second best player, our defensive anchor and a first round for Ibaka? Lol
      Well ibaka would be a better defensive anchor, and provide a lot more scoring from that spot, including some floor stretching. On top of which we'd be able to move Ross to the two.

I said it was a bit much right after, but I'm pretty sure okc wouldn't even do that trade.

He'd also become our new second best player.
      Last edited by stooley; Sat Jan 3, 2015, 09:07 AM.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
        Well ibaka would be a better defensive anchor, and provide a lot more scoring from that spot, including some floor stretching. On top of which we'd be able to move Ross to the two.

I said it was a bit much right after, but I'm pretty sure okc wouldn't even do that trade.

He'd also become our new second best player.
        Raps have hardly missed a beat minus DeRozan.

Switch out a broken Amir for Ibaka and I think that puts Raptors ahead of the game.

Also, they go in to free agency in 2015 and 2016 with a $12M cap hold for Ibaka's contract versus in 2015 $20.6M for DD and Amir and in 2016 $15.15 + whatever Amir's contract is.

Comment

• If I were Masai, I'd be searching for a way to splice JV's DNA with Amir's. Amir does everything I want JV to learn well.
          More realistically, I'd be asking JV to focus on his mobility, help defence, D against quickness and shooting and maybe losing a little weight.
          @EdTubb - edwardtubb at gmail

Comment

• Neither Ross nor JV is ready to be a legit second option

Ross in the last 5 games(good teams)

12 points, 3.8 rebounds, 1.4 assist, 1.2 turnovers FG.348 3FG.324 been to the line 4 times

Pretty much all of JV buckets are assisted. His not that guy yet that you can throw the ball down and say get me a bucket.

I love Serge Ibaka but, all he is a very good role player playing with two superstars

Unless you guys believe King Lowry can average 25 points for the whole season, I don't see how we benefit.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Neither Ross nor JV is ready to be a legit second option

12 points, 3.8 rebounds, 1.4 assist, 1.2 turnovers FG.348 3FG.324 been to the line 4 times

Pretty much all of JV buckets are assisted. His not that guy yet that you can throw the ball down and say get me a bucket.

I love Serge Ibaka but, all he is a very good role player playing with two superstars

Unless you guys believe King Lowry can average 25 points for the whole season, I don't see how we benefit.
              Short sighted thinking.

Raps aren't winning a championship this year.

JV and Ibaka would be a fabulous duo for years to come.

Raps have more money to hit free agency with a better team to entice free agents and find a better wing player than Ross.

Also the need for a 'legit second option' isn't quite accurate with a deep team where multiple players average 12-16 points both starting and off the bench. Someone would always step up. Nevermind the possibilities when the game becomes more than a sequence of ISO's on O.

Kind of stupid discussion anwyays - no way Amir and DeRozan would ever return Ibaka.

Comment

• Really DD and Amir can't net Ibaka? You really must not think much of AJ and DD.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Really DD and Amir can't net Ibaka? You really must not think much of AJ and DD.
                  If you want to take the half empty view, sure.

However, I prefer to think that highly of Ibaka.

Comment

Really DD and Amir can't net Ibaka? You really must not think much of AJ and DD.
                    They can't. OKC is a better team with Ibaka than they would be with DD and Amir. You're undervaluing how incredibly well Ibaka fits into OKC's team.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      They can't. OKC is a better team with Ibaka than they would be with DD and Amir. You're undervaluing how incredibly well Ibaka fits into OKC's team.
                      Exactly, on a talent perspective that trade would work, and I think tilted towards the Raptors giving up more. From a fit perspective, though, it's really not a good trade for OKC.
                      That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                        Exactly, on a talent perspective that trade would work, and I think tilted towards the Raptors giving up more. From a fit perspective, though, it's really not a good trade for OKC.
                        Yep...OKC basically has no reason to even consider trading Ibaka until they already know something like KD will be leaving (if that ever happens). As long as this current team is around, it just makes no real sense for them. Other than Anthony Davis, I can't really think of a piece they'd want for Ibaka that would fit and keep them as strong a contender (when healthy).

Comment

Neither Ross nor JV is ready to be a legit second option

51% of JV's baskets are assisted. 44% of DeRozan's baskets are assisted. World of difference right there in terms of ability to go get a basket.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• JV as our long-run 3rd scoring option?

Guys, do you think JV will have what it takes to be our 3rd option offensively in the long-run?

In other words, do we really need to bring in another high volume scorer for this team to have a chance at the title in the next couple years?

I just think that JV could easily score 15 points per game, with Ross also getting near that by next year.

In conclusion, this question could also be do we really need a new PF who can score a bunch of points.

If JV ends up playing about 32+ minutes, I'm sure he'll average 15. Ross also.

I just think we should go after a good backup C and go with this team for at least 1 year (from this date approximately) before doing huge changes if things end up not going well.

Valanciunas/FA/Nogueira
                            Johnson/Patterson
                            Ross/Johnson/Caboclo/Daniels
                            DeRozan/Williams
                            Lowry/Vasquez/Rookie

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                              Guys, do you think JV will have what it takes to be our 3rd option offensively in the long-run?

In other words, do we really need to bring in another high volume scorer for this team to have a chance at the title in the next couple years?

I just think that JV could easily score 15 points per game, with Ross also getting near that by next year.

In conclusion, this question could also be do we really need a new PF who can score a bunch of points.

If JV ends up playing about 32+ minutes, I'm sure he'll average 15. Ross also.

I just think we should go after a good backup C and go with this team for at least 1 year (from this date approximately) before doing huge changes if things end up not going well.

Valanciunas/FA/Nogueira
                              Johnson/Patterson
                              Ross/Johnson/Caboclo/Daniels
                              DeRozan/Williams
                              Lowry/Vasquez/Rookie
                              I think JV's pretty close to that already, and he'll keep improving.

The big issue with PF right now is consistency. Amir's got too many nights where he's being ineffective in some way or another, and this season, the biggest concern probably has to be rebounding.

I also think an underplayed aspect of Amir's ankle issues is how it's impacting his shooting at times. He lacks lift, and that can influence all aspects of his O, but his floor stretching ability was a pretty big bonus to get from him...And he clearly doesn't have confidence in his shooting, as his rates in the mid-range areas (10-16 ft and 16-23 ft per bball ref) are down to levels not seen in years, and he really doesn't attempt enough 3s to just stretch the floor from there (his % has been solid, but it's clear the 3 pt shot is not something you can consistently expect from him). His decent shooting from like 15+ ft could help keep Ds honest. The kind of shot they leave him open for, then he starts hitting them, and suddenly one of their bigs is always pulled out of the paint. Was probably the most valuable part of his offensive game after his screen and roll game.

*Edit: Forgot to point out he's also at a career low FT%...He clearly just can't get his legs under him. Seems like he's afraid/unable to bend his knees, like his legs will just buckle because of his wonky ankles if he even tries.

Anyway, I think popular opinion will still be the same as always. In the long-term, we probably need an upgrade at one of the forward spots. Doesn't mean we need a volume scorer though, and I think several of names thrown out there are efficient scorers, not volume ones (Millsap, Horford, Batum, etc.), and won't need lots of touches to fit right in.
                              Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Jan 5, 2015, 06:08 PM.

Comment

• JV already can be reliable 3rd scoring option already if provided with opportunity, his offense never has been his problem. Concerning the PF you mentioned, oh, I wish Raptors somehow get (some bias) D-MO. I'm a true Raptors fan, but I also watch some Rockets game mostly because I'm interested in DMO's progress and he has made insane jump in development. It's pleasant to watch how active and good he is on defense (Houston ranks 2nd, Howards and Jones were out for most of the season). If we are talking defense, 7fter, who plays 4th and 5th and has good post game, then I think that option is way better than Monroe. Difficult part is that Dolan is not giving him away for scraps anymore, as he may almost have done that last spring.
                                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Working...
                                X