Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• j_val_for_mayor wrote: View Post
    Last night was another display of jv being looked off by everyone (including JJ which I was quite surprised by. Im starting to believe that this is a business thing from the team. He's been playing his mind out and with him hitting restricted free agency they're trying to keep his value as low as possible to be able to sign him to a team friendly drag for when he ubdoubtly becomes an all star given the proper and well deserved 36min a game over the next 4years. For his sake though, I hope a team offers him the max and we're priced out because I don't think he deserved that kind of a treatment. That's my theory. That or Casey is a dumbass. Either or...
    Well, if that is what they are trying to do, we have another season to watch this travesty.

Comment

• I'm happy that JV hasn't complained to the media or what not about his lack of touches. Must be disheartening to see the team rely on DD to post up more than him.

On top of that, Jonas has been doing a better job of passing out of doubles and making good decisions. It's exciting to think about how good he'll be when given the opportunity. He's already a (big) force to be reckoned with if a team doesn't have size down low. Hell, even guys his size have issues with him.
      OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
        I'm happy that JV hasn't complained to the media or what not about his lack of touches. Must be disheartening to see the team rely on DD to post up more than him.

On top of that, Jonas has been doing a better job of passing out of doubles and making good decisions. It's exciting to think about how good he'll be when given the opportunity. He's already a (big) force to be reckoned with if a team doesn't have size down low. Hell, even guys his size have issues with him.
        Yep. With his size, physicality and motor he's a handful no matter who he's matched up with.

Last night, he once again got the better of Chandler, who just can't handle the strength and activity he brought.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Yep. With his size, physicality and motor he's a handful no matter who he's matched up with.

Last night, he once again got the better of Chandler, who just can't handle the strength and activity he brought.
          And yet he seemed invisible in the 4th

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
            And yet he seemed invisible in the 4th
            Is this a joke?

Comment

I really can't think of many matchups that regularly get the better of JV when he's involved in the game. If anything he'll play his guy to a stalemate, which is perfectly fine. The only knock is/was that his team defense was a little weak but that seems to have taken a huge leap forward last few weeks. Looks like he has some footspeed again.

Comment

Is this a joke?
                Not at all, how much was he involved in the offense in the fourth?
                It's no fault of his it's the teams guard heavy mentality.

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                  Not at all, how much was he involved in the offense in the fourth?
                  It's no fault of his it's the teams guard heavy mentality.
                  Right, but he also barely played in the 4th. He got run out there for a couple of minutes, did rim runs while our guards chucked/turned it over, and the other team drained wide open looks.

Comment

Right, but he also barely played in the 4th. He got run out there for a couple of minutes, did rim runs while our guards chucked/turned it over, and the other team drained wide open looks.
                    Rim runs are basically the Casey development plan for JV at this point.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Watching games makes me sad. Here's a common scenario:

JV runs the floor on a semi-fast break, is the first guy to get on offense, and gets good post position literally under the basket, effectively sealing off the guy that's guarding him.

He doesn't get the ball. Someone takes a contested 3 and Matt Devlin exclaims "THAT'S A GOOD LOOK, THEY NEED THIS ONE"

At that point I can feel his disappointment and I wanna give the dude a hug.
                      OG is our king

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
                        I really can't think of many matchups that regularly get the better of JV when he's involved in the game. If anything he'll play his guy to a stalemate, which is perfectly fine. The only knock is/was that his team defense was a little weak but that seems to have taken a huge leap forward last few weeks. Looks like he has some footspeed again.
                        I wasn't that worried about his footspeed. Figured he's a kid. He was so skinny when we drafted him and has probably gained at least 50lbs since then. Go from being a skinny kid to a big grown-ass man in 3 years and you probably will struggle to keep your speed up. Also doesn't mean you can't get at least some of it back even just as your legs get used to being under that bigger body, and he can still do work to help with it too.
                        Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Feb 25, 2015, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          Rim runs are basically the Casey development plan for JV at this point.
                          Maybe that's why he's getting faster. Casey's a genius!

Comment

Maybe that's why he's getting faster. Casey's a genius!
                            Exactly. Maybe with enough conditioning and quickness, we'll be able to play JV at the PG and he'll finally see the ball.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Exactly. Maybe with enough conditioning and quickness, we'll be able to play JV at the PG and he'll finally see the ball.
                              Of course. He's got the size to throw entry passes. So we can run our O through him at the point and post up guys like Lowry and Lou.

Comment

*JV launches a three from half court while fading to his left* "That's a shot he usually makes!" *Rest of team turns around, sighs, and runs back on D*
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X