• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    LOLOLOLOL

Nice avatar!
    I couldn't help myself... It made me way too happy to ignore

Comment

• It reminds me of Belinelli's photoshoot pic.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

One for sure.

This is flat out AMAZING.

Comment

LOLOLOLOL

Nice avatar!
          Damn it man

First I had to see shirtless Araujo and now this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          OG is our king

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
            I couldn't help myself... It made me way too happy to ignore
            welp, now we can tell Bandit and Bendit apart...
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
              Pretty sure he's one of the best league at points per possession while posting up
              TRex wrote: View Post
              So...............does that mean he's a great post up player? what do you think?
              DanH wrote: View Post
              JV finishes 33% of his plays in the post. That's 12th in the entire league.

Among all players with more than 25% of their plays from the post (the 28 most used post up guys in the league), he has the single highest PPP. He has the second highest FG%. He's middle of the pack in free throw rate and turnover rate. Purely in terms of reliable scoring (guy you can just give it to in the post when you need a bucket), he is best on the list in score frequency.

And that's all among the top 28 post up guys (in terms of their teams using them there) in the entire league.

So, yeah, I'd say he's a great post up player already. And given more reps and an offence designed to get him deeper looks and more passing opportunities, who knows how good he could eventually be?
              TRex wrote: View Post
              He's a great post up player already? you can't be serious? maybe i just have a high standard?

I grew up watching guys like Olajuwon and Ewing and Robinson, Sabonis, Shaq, Duncan. Now those are GREAT post up players. In today's NBA the only post up bigs that impresses me is Cousins and the Gasol brothers. Guys like Howard and Vucevic are pretty good too. But not Cousins good, and definitely not Hakeem or Duncan good. JV is nowhere near as good a post up player as Howard or Vucevic.

Also, there's a big difference between "finishing" and "posting up"
              Calm down. Everybody else gave their context for "best" and "great" - they gave specific reference to and pulled numbers for Jonas' position this season. I made a comment about Jonas' stat line last game and you replied "you all act like he's the second coming of Shaq or something." Only one person is bringing the GOATs into the discussion and then deliberately flipping out about it. Which part of "best in the league" and the use of current season stats needs to be clarified so you know we're not comparing JV to Wilt Chamberlain averaging 50 ppg? JV, in his limited usage, is one of the most efficient post scorers in the league right now. Full stop. In the opinion of many, his usage should increase. That's it. End of opinion.
              Last edited by S.R.; Fri Mar 20, 2015, 05:21 PM.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                Sigh.

Who the fuck is comparing Lowry and DeRozan to Kobe, Stockton, Isiah etc? huh? Some of you here needs to learn how to read(yeah i'm talking to you hotfuzz). Instead of dick riding some of the posters here about post your own opinion?

Anyhow, DanH said that JV is a GREAT low post player already. I ONLY mentioned guys like EWING, OLAJUWON, DUNCAN etc...because those guys IMO are the true definition of a GREAT low post player. Is JV in that level? fuck no. It's not even close.
                I brought them up to show the stupidity of your argument. Using the all time greats as a comparison to play down jv's game would be as stupid as calling Demar a shit player by comparing him to Kobe. You're the one who brought in all the time greats into the conversation anyways.
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                  I brought them up to show the stupidity of your argument. Using the all time greats as a comparison to play down jv's game would be as stupid as calling Demar a shit player by comparing him to Kobe. You're the one who brought in all the time greats into the conversation anyways.
                  Sigh. Again, learn to read.

Reading comprehension skills are at an all time low on here.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Oh, now there i'll agree with you. Great demonstration.

Comment

Irony.

Comment

• If you rank by PER, and qualify for the MP/G leaderboard, and also played in the 3-pt era.

Well, Jonas is ranked amongst HOFers...

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                          If you rank by PER, and qualify for the MP/G leaderboard, and also played in the 3-pt era.

Well, Jonas is ranked amongst HOFers...
                          But so is Drummond, Boogie, Big Al, Brook Lopez, Enes Kanter and Andris Biedrins....

Comment

• Way more impressive

Comment

• Anyone read the article about trading JV on TriangleOffense? (I for one would be totally against it)

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
                                Anyone read the article about trading JV on TriangleOffense? (I for one would be totally against it)
                                Well, it really depends on what we gettin back for him. And I have a feeling Jonas will be traded if Casey stays on as a head coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X