Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • McRealistic wrote: View Post
    The problem with Raptor fans is that they tend to make a STAR of their young players who have potentials and blame the older players in the team for the bad plays of these young guys.

    They did during the Bosh vs AB era. They did during AB vs DD era and they are doing it now for DD/KL vs JV era. It is pattern and I think the reason is that thinking more highly of the potential of the young player, gives them hope of better days in future.

    The reality is if you had a poll on this board about a 3 weeks ago and would ask, who would play better in a series between Washington and Raptors, Gortat or JV , almost 95% of the board would have voted for JV despite our guard plays or our coach.

    However, in this series, Gortat has destroyed JV. JV is a good player but one thing is for sure, his potentials are not one of a super star and maybe even an All star. He has a lot to learn and he needs to make changes and our fans should realize that.
    I guess this trend started when VC left, and has since become sort of a cycle. Remember when the Raps played VC's Nets and fans were giving Bosh MVP chants, and Vince was like WTF are you kidding me? Then we had Bosh and Bargs who were the Killer B's, inside-outside/outside-inside duo, but then Bosh decides to shut himself down to head to south beach.

    JV was totally outplayed by Gortat, and most of the time too lazy to defend and whines a lot. Although I would also blame the fact that our backcourt/wings can't contain their men from driving to the paint that JV has to step in and help leading to opposing big men being wide open. Which is why the Raps need a big man coach to tutor and mentor him. Just like Kareem to Andrew Bynum, Ewing to Yao Howard and Al Jefferson. JV has the tools to be a dominant big and he's a good ft shooter as well, but Casey's system wants him to just be a Tyson Chandler.

    Comment


    • Bandit wrote: View Post
      I dont disagree, that's hard on a guys morale. I was hoping to see JV step up though, rise to the occasion and play at a next gear.

      Last night was a stinker for sure. What kills me is when Devlin made a comment about how hard he was struggling when he was 3-8, and doesn't say anything when a guard Is shooting 20% but he normally makes those
      Lol this and the fact that he called every foul on jv.
      "Stay steamy"

      - Kobe

      Comment


      • hotfuzz wrote: View Post
        Lol this and the fact that he called every foul on jv.
        Matty D always calls every foul - "He shoots, contact but no call..."

        Comment


        • DanH wrote: View Post
          The thing about the moping from JV is it is pretty clear where he picked it up from - the leaders if the team. Lowry and DeRozan are two of the worst whiners in the league, though JV is quickly catching them (such a quick learner!).

          I agree he needs an attitude adjustment. But even with his struggles he played a huge role in the solid third Q play from the Raps, so my thoughts were that I really look forward to a 25 year old JV when he has some more maturity (and vet sneakiness so he doesn't get called for so many fouls in the first place).
          People have to distinguish between whining and moping that affects the next play. This is the NBA - the whole league whines. Has no one seen Tim Duncan's (yes, the best PF of all time) eyes pop out of his head after a call? Does anyone watch Chris Paul? Lebron James? The whole league whines - it's the culture.

          What I don't want to see is arguing/moping while the ball goes back down the floor. I've seen Lowry and DD do it, allowing a 5 on 4 in their own end. I don't want to see JV start doing it - one more reason to bring in a better coach who demands a higher level of play (and smart play) from his guy. I'm totally fine with benching anyone on the team who pulls that shit.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

          Comment


          • S.R. wrote: View Post
            People have to distinguish between whining and moping that affects the next play. This is the NBA - the whole league whines. Has no one seen Tim Duncan's (yes, the best PF of all time) eyes pop out of his head after a call? Does anyone watch Chris Paul? Lebron James? The whole league whines - it's the culture.

            What I don't want to see is arguing/moping while the ball goes back down the floor. I've seen Lowry and DD do it, allowing a 5 on 4 in their own end. I don't want to see JV start doing it - one more reason to bring in a better coach who demands a higher level of play (and smart play) from his guy. I'm totally fine with benching anyone on the team who pulls that shit.
            Exactly.

            And JV has started doing it.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

            Comment


            • DanH wrote: View Post
              I love that one of the few posters that have agreed with you fairly consistently agrees with you and you think the board has come to some sort of ridiculous epiphany. Nothing has changed. The team still doesn't prioritize JV's offence nor put him in a position to succeed offensively. And the defence is still probably the worst possible defensive system for a true centre to exist in (nevermind all the other deficiencies of the system outside of JV).
              So in other words you disagree w/ what i'm saying?

              You don't think he's slow? you don't think very robotic? you don't think he's a MESS defensively? (did you watch last night's game?) Gortat ate him alive! JV also commited two straight DUMB turnovers in the 2nd that absolutely KILLED the Raps momentum.

              Offensively, like i said he's gotten a lot better this year but he took some shots in the post last night that just made me say: Is that Bargnani? ZERO awareness in his game. Zero.
              Last edited by The Great One; Sat Apr 25, 2015, 01:49 PM.
              Mamba Mentality

              Comment


              • DanH wrote: View Post
                I love that one of the few posters that have agreed with you fairly consistently agrees with you and you think the board has come to some sort of ridiculous epiphany. Nothing has changed. The team still doesn't prioritize JV's offence nor put him in a position to succeed offensively. And the defence is still probably the worst possible defensive system for a true centre to exist in (nevermind all the other deficiencies of the system outside of JV).
                the only person that ever agrees with him is McRealistic. I'm pretty certain they are the same person.

                Comment


                • Didn't give him meaningful minutes during the season but you expect him to produce in the playoffs lmao
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

                  Comment


                  • MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    Didn't give him meaningful minutes during the season but you expect him to produce in the playoffs lmao
                    The funny thing is, in spite of the fact it doesn't seem like he's playing that well, he's actually producing at a rate pretty similar to what he did in the regular season.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

                    Comment


                    • People know that Amir was actually the one matched up against Gortat for most of the game, right? "Gortat killed him" type comments don't really seem to be very well thought out.

                      Comment


                      • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        People know that Amir was actually the one matched up against Gortat for most of the game, right? "Gortat killed him" type comments don't really seem to be very well thought out.
                        People tend to follow the 'you can only compare white players to other white players' corollary lol
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

                        Comment


                        • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          People know that Amir was actually the one matched up against Gortat for most of the game, right? "Gortat killed him" type comments don't really seem to be very well thought out.
                          The only reason Casey played one ankle, injured Amir on Gortat for limited minutes was that Big Val was simply not able to match up with him.

                          I wonder if some of you guys even watch the game !!! Gortat has owned Big Val in this series.

                          Comment


                          • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            People know that Amir was actually the one matched up against Gortat for most of the game, right? "Gortat killed him" type comments don't really seem to be very well thought out.
                            Also Patterson was destroyed in the P'n'R last night as well. Pretty much nobody can defend it due to Casey schemes!

                            Just ICE the fucking P'n'R for God's sake!
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

                            Comment


                            • McRealistic wrote: View Post
                              The only reason Casey played one ankle, injured Amir on Gortat for limited minutes was that Big Val was simply not able to match up with him.

                              I wonder if some of you guys even watch the game !!! Gortat has owned Big Val in this series.

                              He matches JV with Nene because Nene to too strong for the rest of the team and Amir is quicker than JV so he guards Gortat
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

                              Comment


                              • Media finally turning on JV? what is this? what took so long? lol














                                Mamba Mentality

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X