Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    People know that Amir was actually the one matched up against Gortat for most of the game, right? "Gortat killed him" type comments don't really seem to be very well thought out.
    (Entire playoffs)
    Gortat vs Amir (JV off): 75% shooting
    Gortat vs JV (Amir off): 60% shooting

    Team defense sucks... period.

    Comment


    • MACK11 wrote: View Post
      He matches JV with Nene because Nene to too strong for the rest of the team and Amir is quicker than JV so he guards Gortat
      yup. Gortat hasn't owned JV at all. It hasn't been a big matchup this series. Gortat wasn't even a big factor the first 2 games. Gortat owned mostly our other bigs for one game, and it's "Gortat killed JV".

      Now, JV played like hot garbage last night, but it makes no sense to me that all the focus is on a matchup that isn't even really a matchup.

      Comment


      • McRealistic wrote: View Post
        The only reason Casey played one ankle, injured Amir on Gortat for limited minutes was that Big Val was simply not able to match up with him.

        I wonder if some of you guys even watch the game !!! Gortat has owned Big Val in this series.
        tDotted wrote: View Post
        (Entire playoffs)
        Gortat vs Amir (JV off): 75% shooting
        Gortat vs JV (Amir off): 60% shooting

        Team defense sucks... period.
        How easy it is to destroy an ill-informed opinion with a couple of simple stats
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

        Comment


        • tDotted wrote: View Post
          (Entire playoffs)
          Gortat vs Amir (JV off): 75% shooting
          Gortat vs JV (Amir off): 60% shooting

          Team defense sucks... period.
          Nevermind where the majority of those looks are created: John Wall.

          Wall causes both JV and Amir to help and/or rotate leading to dunks and lay ups.

          How did Hansbrough fair versus Gortat?

          Comment


          • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            How easy it is to destroy an ill-informed opinion with a couple of simple stats
            LOL, Yes, you really destroyed my argument.

            Gortat shooting 60% against your elite C , what a great defensive achievement for Big Val !!! hahahahahah.
            Then, your coach has no choice but to desperately switch Gortat to Amir who is hurt, plays on one ankle and despite all that, Gortat only shoots 15% more !!!

            Yes, you destroyed my argument that Gortat has owned Big Val.

            All that being said, I can not blame you here.

            Some of you are just such a fans that you even see the obvious states and evidence, like a total dominance of Gortat against Big Val and our other bigs in this series ...

            I feel bad for Amir Johnson though. The guy should be sitting on the bench right now due to his injuries but has to come in and help out our so called healthy bigs because they are getting their ass handed to them and still is putting up better number than them.

            Comment


            • TRex wrote: View Post
              So in other words you disagree w/ what i'm saying?

              You don't think he's slow? you don't think very robotic? you don't think he's a MESS defensively? (did you watch last night's game?) Gortat ate him alive! JV also commited two straight DUMB turnovers in the 2nd that absolutely KILLED the Raps momentum.

              Offensively, like i said he's gotten a lot better this year but he took some shots in the post last night that just made me say: Is that Bargnani? ZERO awareness in his game. Zero.
              This just shows how little of the game you're grasping. Amir/ ppat was guarding gortat for most of the game.

              Also, you act if his faults can't be improved upon. He can lose weight and gain back some of his pop. Read the front page and see how fucking retarded Casey's system is. We constantly get killed because our guards don't make the rotations. For some reason you put it all on JV.
              "Stay steamy"

              - Kobe

              Comment


              • Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                Actually.... I like Jack

                [drops mic, runs off stage]
                Its matt who I really can't stand
                You come at the King, you best not miss.

                Comment


                • TRex wrote: View Post
                  Media finally turning on JV? what is this? what took so long? lol














                  So we're using one game to provide conclusions now? Then Lowry must be the worst point guard to ever play in the NBA.
                  "Stay steamy"

                  - Kobe

                  Comment


                  • JV definitely had a bad game last night. DeRozan took until his 4th season to show even a shred of ability defensively - were you calling for DD to be moved, TRex?

                    The reality is, Gortat (and the pick and roll in general) killed the entire Raptors team, no matter who was guarding it (hilariously, Hansbrough in the first two games did a great job on it and Casey moronically removed him from the starting lineup). The pick and roll scheme is garbage - absolute trash. Only peak Amir Johnson, defensive monster extraordinaire kept the defence respectable last season. Broken down Amir can't do it. Very few players in the league can save a system this bad.

                    And yes, JV is worse than others in the system - but judging a player by his fit into the worst system I've ever seen is kind of ridiculous.

                    Does anyone who calls JV slow watch other big centres? JV might be slow, but he's not dramatically slower than the rest of the players at his position. His problem is he is in a system that only works well with 5 SF's on the floor at once. Which is a problem for a team with only one SF (who doesn't play). Even our PF's struggle to hedge and recover fast enough for the system to work.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

                    Comment


                    • Series Stat:

                      Gortat : 48 pts and 29 rebounds
                      Nene: 24 pts and 24 rebounds

                      Big Val:29 puts and 28 rebounds.
                      Injured Amir: 42 pts and 25 rebounds

                      Again, lets face it, Gortat and Nene has not been a dominating big men this season and we still can not match up with them.

                      As I said in another thread, if 3 weeks ago, we had a poll on how Big Val will do against these guys 95% of you would have voted that he will dominate them and now you are looking for excuse trying to hide his short comings and weak play in the play offs.

                      Comment


                      • Those guys know nothing about BB. How dare you criticize the mighty Big Val !!! How Dare !!

                        Bosh vs AB, AB vs DD, and now DD/KL vs Big Val and the story continues.

                        Comment


                        • McRealistic wrote: View Post
                          LOL, Yes, you really destroyed my argument.

                          Gortat shooting 60% against your elite C , what a great defensive achievement for Big Val !!! hahahahahah.
                          Then, your coach has no choice but to desperately switch Gortat to Amir who is hurt, plays on one ankle and despite all that, Gortat only shoots 15% more !!!

                          Yes, you destroyed my argument that Gortat has owned Big Val.

                          All that being said, I can not blame you here.

                          Some of you are just such a fans that you even see the obvious states and evidence, like a total dominance of Gortat against Big Val and our other bigs in this series ...

                          I feel bad for Amir Johnson though. The guy should be sitting on the bench right now due to his injuries but has to come in and help out our so called healthy bigs because they are getting their ass handed to them and still is putting up better number than them.
                          Keep trolling lol.

                          And this is quite the straw man you've set up here. Deflecting attention away from the piss-poor guard play, and onto the bigs who get placed into impossible situations by the non-existent first line of defence.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

                          Comment


                          • I really hope JV gets his 12-15mill next year and the Raps don't match, especially if casey's still the head coach, go to Minnesota or somewhere where he can develop...

                            Comment


                            • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              Keep trolling lol.

                              And this is quite the straw man you've set up here. Deflecting attention away from the piss-poor guard play, and onto the bigs who get placed into impossible situations by the non-existent first line of defence.
                              Yes, Ryan Wolstat, Holly M., Chris Black, Bruce Arthur and almost 90% of Toronto sport media are trolling
                              Yes, you are right.

                              Comment


                              • mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                Nevermind where the majority of those looks are created: John Wall.

                                Wall causes both JV and Amir to help and/or rotate leading to dunks and lay ups.

                                How did Hansbrough fair versus Gortat?
                                On/off with teammates gets really tricky with reserves (especially with our sub pattern). I'll keep it basic.

                                Gortat with Hansbrough on: 75% shooting
                                Gortat with Hans off: 57%

                                Interesting shot chart here. Forced mostly outside shots with Hans on the bench. With him on, he punished us inside.

                                More charts/stats (different from the ones I had before. Basic on/off):
                                Amir on/off

                                JV on/off

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X