Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Oh man, thought that Eurocup website is doing their job and updating such things, faster than ordinary news portals....
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

    Comment


    • In addition this was a quarterfinal game so you could see JV had jitters in the start of the game, missed 2 freethrows in a row, a couple looks that he usualy makes, but then he got his confidence back and played well for the rest of the game. Rytas is a whole different team with Valanciunas on the floor, his pick and rolls free up the shooters on ofence and him being a good help defender and a rebounder it gets alot more dificult for oponents to score points

      Comment


      • Vykis wrote: View Post
        In addition this was a quarterfinal game so you could see JV had jitters in the start of the game, missed 2 freethrows in a row, a couple looks that he usualy makes, but then he got his confidence back and played well for the rest of the game. Rytas is a whole different team with Valanciunas on the floor, his pick and rolls free up the shooters on ofence and him being a good help defender and a rebounder it gets alot more dificult for oponents to score points
        Still, I think Valanciunas is way way way underused in the team, you can see him constantly working and asking for the ball, but teammates aren't that willing to share the ball. I think they will need to use him more and play through him in order to be able to play for the Eurocup champions title.

        Comment


        • ceez wrote: View Post
          Those broad shoulders have to be strong, they're going to carry a franchise
          Very true. Hard to keep the expectations realistic but that's what I'll wait for. In the meantime, the first part of the JV tv special airs tonight at 6:30 on NBAtv
          http://blog.raptors.com/a-longer-loo...nciunas-story/

          Comment


          • Jclaw wrote: View Post
            Very true. Hard to keep the expectations realistic but that's what I'll wait for. In the meantime, the first part of the JV tv special airs tonight at 6:30 on NBAtvhttp://blog.raptors.com/a-longer-loo...nciunas-story/
            Dig it. Thanks for the heads-up JClaw!
            Thats going on the PVR for suure.

            Comment


            • Yeah the offence is very up and down, you saw on several occasions the shot clock expiring, and the pg jacks up a difficult shot, if Rytas would utilize Valanciunas much improved post game more he could create a better three point shot for teammates, get a foul or have a much better chance of hitting a shot near the rim than the pg taking a difficult step back jumper. But this is on the coachs shoulders, I dont see him making an adjustment this late in the season and he proved time and time agian this season that he's far from an offensive mastermind...

              Comment


              • Nice article on Jonas on the Eurocup website. I especially like this line from his recent play in the Eurocup: "And when the games got tougher, so did Valanciunas as he raised his production in every major category in the Last 16."

                http://www.eurocupbasketball.com/eur...t/i/95318/3737

                Comment


                • Lietuvos Rytas (Lithuania) is currently playing Ventspils (Latvia) in BBL (Baltic Basketball League) quarter-finals. Unfortunately, Valanciunas got some quick fouls which slowed him down considerably. In the end of 3rd quarter he has 11pts and 3reb in total of 17 minutes played, going into 4th quarter with 1 foul remaining.
                  Last edited by omgsomuchpotential; Fri Mar 23, 2012, 02:43 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Valančiūnas endgame statline:
                    27:44 minutes
                    16 points
                    6-10 FG
                    4-5 FT
                    10 rebounds
                    3 assists
                    1 block
                    4 fouls
                    6 fouls drawn
                    3 turnovers
                    Last edited by omgsomuchpotential; Fri Mar 23, 2012, 02:44 PM.

                    Comment


                    • The first part of Centred: The Jonas Valanciunas story is out. Here we go with the video cut in 4 youtube clips:

                      Part1:


                      Part2:


                      Part3:


                      Part4:


                      Enjoy!

                      Comment


                      • omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                        Valančiūnas endgame statline:
                        27:44 minutes
                        16 points
                        6-10 FG
                        4-5 FT
                        10 rebounds
                        3 assists
                        1 block
                        4 fouls
                        6 fouls drawn
                        3 turnovers
                        Further to the above:


                        Source: L. Rytas homepage

                        Boxscore

                        An explanation of what the BBL is about can be found here.

                        Comment


                        • BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
                          The first part of Centred: The Jonas Valanciunas story is out. Here we go with the video cut in 4 youtube clips:

                          Part1:


                          Part2:


                          Part3:


                          Part4:


                          Enjoy!


                          Any chance the raps brass saw a stretch of knicks/bulls/knicks/bulls/magic/nuggets/heat on the schedule and thought, hey wouldn't that be a good time to throw the fans a bone with the JV show? That works for me.

                          Comment


                          • A crucial second game against "Donetsk" starts in 15mins. It's best of two system, so if "Lietuvos Rytas" doesn't lose by more than 10 they're automatically in semi-finals of Eurocup!

                            Valanciunas is going to play big minutes today.

                            You can watch the game live at http://tv.lrytas.lt/live
                            Last edited by omgsomuchpotential; Tue Mar 27, 2012, 11:52 AM.

                            Comment


                            • "Lietuvos rytas" has advanced to Eurocup Final Four.

                              Valanciunas' statline
                              25:10 minutes
                              14 points
                              6-6 FG
                              2-2 FT
                              7 rebounds
                              1 block
                              4 fouls
                              4 fouls drawn

                              Comment


                              • omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                                "Lietuvos rytas" has advanced to Eurocup Final Four.

                                Valanciunas' statline
                                25:10 minutes
                                14 points
                                6-6 FG
                                2-2 FT
                                7 rebounds
                                1 block
                                4 fouls
                                4 fouls drawn
                                What can one say? I can't wait until he washes upon our shores.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X