Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Circumstance, though, matters. If this team could legitimately challenge for the title, I don't think he'd be the coach.
    I agree that Casey wouldn't have been rehired if we were title contenders last year. But he wouldn't have been rehired if MU felt he was as stupid as more than a few here believe. He wouldn't have been rehired or kept on if MU felt he was ruining JV's psyche or development as has been stated plenty of times on this board.

What we see of Casey is the tip of the iceberg compared to what MU sees and knows. And just because we don't like what we see above the waterline doesn't mean there is a lot below that we have no knowledge about, but MU does.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      I agree that Casey wouldn't have been rehired if we were title contenders last year. But he wouldn't have been rehired if MU felt he was as stupid as more than a few here believe. He wouldn't have been rehired or kept on if MU felt he was ruining JV's psyche or development as has been stated plenty of times on this board.

What we see of Casey is the tip of the iceberg compared to what MU sees and knows. And just because we don't like what we see above the waterline doesn't mean there is a lot below that we have no knowledge about, but MU does.
      MU made a mistake with Lou and GV. He isn't infallible. Casey will be another. MU is a great scout but his ability to manage a team is still unknown.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
        MU made a mistake with Lou and GV. He isn't infallible. Casey will be another. MU is a great scout but his ability to manage a team is still unknown.
        You're wrong, though not completely. MU is not infallible.

I stated last year signing GV was a big mistake. DanH disagreed. As it turns out, he was right and I was wrong. MU ended up with Norm Powell and a potential 1st round pick for GV. That ain't a mistake.

Trading Salmons contract and a 2nd for Lou and Bebe may end up a mistake, but it's not now and is exactly the type of deals a team in transition should be making.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          You're wrong, though not completely. MU is not infallible.

I stated last year signing GV was a big mistake. DanH disagreed. As it turns out, he was right and I was wrong. MU ended up with Norm Powell and a potential 1st round pick for GV. That ain't a mistake.

Trading Salmons contract and a 2nd for Lou and Bebe may end up a mistake, but it's not now and is exactly the type of deals a team in transition should be making.
          There are easier ways to get the 46th pick. This year the problem is PF. Without a guy like Amir to play 36 mpg Casey will mess up rotations. The more roster flexibility Casey has the worse thing become

Comment

• Just speculating for discussion purposes...

if JV doesn't get to see consistent 4Q minutes especially at end of games I could see him moving next summer to a team that has more cap room than Toronto or alternatively he only accepts the 1 year qualifying offer. The way Casey does this small ball bullshit will drive him away.

He could have much better success with a team that would actually utilize a centre.

Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post
              Just speculating for discussion purposes...

if JV doesn't get to see consistent 4Q minutes especially at end of games I could see him moving next summer to a team that has more cap room than Toronto or alternatively he only accepts the 1 year qualifying offer. The way Casey does this small ball bullshit will drive him away.

He could have much better success with a team that would actually utilize a centre.
              Moving to a team with more cap room is not a worry or possibility. Raptors will have right to match any offer he receives next year.

What I could see him or his agent doing is signing an offer sheet early to really put the screws to Toronto and possibly mess up their cap space in hopes of forcing way out.

The more likely outcome is to sign the QO to become UFA of all these situations in my opinion.

Comment

• I think Jonas will get an extension this summer. Both sides will be very motivated to get it done. 5 year extension not counting next season, no free agency until 2021.

Comment

• My fear is Casey's style of play will drive him away.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                    I think Jonas will get an extension this summer. Both sides will be very motivated to get it done. 5 year extension not counting next season, no free agency until 2021.
                    Would have to be an Anthony Davis maximum extension to get 5 years not including this coming one.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                      I think Jonas will get an extension this summer. Both sides will be very motivated to get it done. 5 year extension not counting next season, no free agency until 2021.
                      I do, however, expect an extension, probably 3 years plus a 4th year player option to incentivize not going to free agency next summer.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• JV is gonna ball out like a young tim duncan this year. I expect him to the be the 1st scoring option
                        #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
                          JV is gonna ball out like a young tim duncan this year. I expect him to the be the 1st scoring option
                          ......"crickets"........

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            ......"crickets"........

"Hold on. We're busy."

Comment

• If he atleast gets up to 14 a game this year around the same efficiency that'll be a good sign.
                              With small improvements each year/ higher usage he should have no problem scoring 18-20 a night be the time he's 26

Comment

• 16&10 is the magic number to be an elite center in the NBA these days. He can do it this year I think.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X