Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    DD is average to above average defensively. Stop using 3 year old arguments.
    Demar Derozan is "Above average defensively"? When did that happen? I watch almost every game and I haven't seen this transformation you speak of. At all. And I am not a Demar hater. I just kow he isn't a good defender. I think he has plenty of other skills that make him a good offensive player.

Under what basis do you say he is above average defensively? He is not a good one on one defender. doesn't stop people at the peimiter, doesn't get down in to a good defensive stance, doesn't move well backwards or laterally in that stance.

He is not above average defensively.

Not sure what games some of you guys are watching. If DD was above average defensively, I'd pay him the max right fucking now. And so should MU. But he isn't.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
      you know who played a lot of 4th quarters? vasquez. wheres he at now? you're terrible at posting.
      Hahaha

Milwaukee liked him enough to give us a first and second rounder for him no?

What's your point? That JV sucks because even Vasquez and a guy like Bargnani got burn in the 4th from coach Casey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bingo!

It's not only about who starts, it's also who finishes.

It's stupid to give a max contract to someone who can't stay on the floor in the 4th.

I would rather see how he performs this season and see if he can win his coach's trust. Keep in mind Dwane Casey played Bargnani to close out games. I guess Bargs is much more mobile than JV or something.

Don't get me wrong though.... I'm not comparing JV to Bargs as JV is a solid player. He does what a C is supposed to do. However, I think the position itself is overrated around here because of the love for JV.

But it's equally as stupid to not pay a player because he doesn't fit with a coach like Casey. Casey isn't even an average coach in the league. And sitting JV due to defensive issues is stupid because this team was ranked 25th in the league on D.
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
          A lot of players have gotten max contracts or big contracts on potential. JV is 23 he's not finished project so your paying him for what he can do when he's more seasoned.
          Sounds like something BC would do not Masai. Masai would pay Biombo $2 million instead.

Comment

Sounds like something BC would do not Masai. Masai would pay Biombo $2 million instead.

Well when Masai does it don't be to shocked.

Comment

One of the benefits of locking down a backup player for near the minimum is that you have that much more money to allocate to the starter at that position.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                so wait, you're saying you actually agree with caseys shitty small ball tactics? hahahhaha
                Is Casey not the coach of this team??

Didn't I tell you that he would be back? Go to the #FireCasey thread and sulk.

Comment

• Oh, and if the argument against JV is that Dwane Casey doesn't play him, I have never felt more secure in my JV fandom.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    Oh, and if the argument against JV is that Dwane Casey doesn't play him, I have never felt more secure in my JV fandom.

Amen

Comment

Bull poop. So true that JV has trouble getting his coach to play him in the 4th Q.

The league is bigger than just one team and certainly bigger than just one coach who may or not be here next year (hopefully not). In discussing comparative asset value between JV and DD I was referring to league wide (a market). Regardless of who may be better at this stage and who might have more potential in the future (I know where I stand on both), JV on his contract is a better, more marketable asset than DD is on the final year of his deal.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        So its starting to look like Masai will have to pick between DD and JV.

Why do you guys think he'll pick JV? Instead of the guy who spent last night hanging out with Durant.
                        If that kid the drafted that played hard in Summer league keeps it up....DD might not be as important as that kid look slke he can put the same amount of pressure on opposing bigs with his penetration. Its clearly an optimistic way of loooking at it, but ya never know

Comment

Think about what you just wrote.

How is SG an easier position???

You need ball handling, passing skills, ISO/creative skills and shooting to be a really good SG.

The fact that there aren't many really good SGs out there should actually show that it's harder.

A Center can stay around the basket, rebound, set picks and block shots. How hard is that? It's actually an easier position to fill as there are MANY really good Centers in the league right now.

I wouldn't even put JV in the top 10. So I'm not about to get rid of a top 5 SG to keep a C who's yet to crack the top 10.

No desire in making this a DD threat but Which one of the bold do you claim DD is good at, let alone very good.

DD is worth keeping for his Work ethic, to build a family oriented team culture, team morale, seems like he is a reputable person around the league and a great ambassador for the city and the organization.

He is not as skilled as you argue to let a young talented center walk.

If your argument is center position is not relevant in the "new" NBA, then..

Do you really think "the mid range" game(average at that) is still alive?

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            Well when Masai does it don't be to shocked.
                            Likewise, if he doesn't.

Seriously, weren't you the ultra fandom guy who was comparing JV to Shaq?

SHAQ!!!?? I'm not making this up.

#SoWrong

Comment

Likewise, if he doesn't.

Seriously, weren't you the ultra fandom guy who was comparing JV to Shaq?

SHAQ!!!?? I'm not making this up.

#SoWrong

I dare you to go find a post that I wrote comparing JV to Shaq

Comment

• Only on RR would someone make some completely up and then try to argue against it. Lmao

Comment

Working...
                                X