Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Everything Valanciunas

    ball4life wrote: View Post
    No desire in making this a DD threat but Which one of the bold do you claim DD is good at, let alone very good.

    DD is worth keeping for his Work ethic, to build a family oriented team culture, team morale, seems like he is a reputable person around the league and a great ambassador for the city and the organization.

    He is not as skilled as you argue to let a young talented center walk.

    If your argument is center position is not relevant in the "new" NBA, then..

    Do you really think "the mid range" game(average at that) is still alive?
    Obviously, the C position is less relevant in this day and age than it was before. The C position is changing to a mobile big who can step out to defend and make shots. We've seen many really good Cs sit during crunch time in favour of playing someone who can guard on the perimeter.

    I'll add that even JV has said he's trying to stretch his range and get more mobile ....so he can stay on the floor.

    The mid-range game will always be relevant because defences will give you that shot in an effort to get you off the 3 point line and would rather someone take that shot instead of a layup.

    Let's see what Masai does. A lot of guys have been wrong in the past with regards to Masai's plans....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by special1; Wed Aug 5, 2015, 12:30 AM.

    Comment


    • MACK11 wrote: View Post
      I dare you to go find a post that I wrote comparing JV to Shaq
      Mack11.... Lol.

      You know I'm not lying. When I have time I'll see what I can find.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • special1 wrote: View Post
        Obviously, the C position is less relevant in this day and age than it was before. The C position is changing to a mobile big who can step out to defend and make shots. We've seen many really good Cs sit during crunch time in favour of playing someone who can guard on the perimeter.

        The mid-range game will always be relevant because defences will give you that shot in an effort to get you off the 3 point line and would rather someone take that shot instead of a layup.

        Let's see what Masai does. A lot of guys have been wrong in the past with regards to Masai's plans....


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        No we haven't.

        Holy recency bias happening among NBA fans right now. Golden State only did this in the last 3 games of the FINALS because they needed Iguodala to at least try and stop LBJ from scoring 40, and Cleveland had no scoring bigs. Against Memphis, Houston and New Orleans, Bogut was on the floor at the end of games.

        The only bigs that sit in 4th quarters, only sit because they can't make free throws, and that only happens on occasion. Almost every team in the league plays their starting center at the end of games.

        Comment


        • special1 wrote: View Post
          Mack11.... Lol.

          You know I'm not lying. When I have time I'll see what I can find.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Your lying and you know it.

          There's no point in trying to have a conversation with someone who makes up bullshit.
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

          Comment


          • Welcome to the ignore section Special1
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

            Comment


            • MACK11 wrote: View Post
              Your lying and you know it.

              There's no point in trying to have a conversation with someone who makes up bullshit.
              this isn't the first time the dude goes into some shitty rant only to be destroyed by other posters and then make up random shit "didn't you say this and this before? i totally remember it!" in a sad effort to try and discredit whatever you were trying to say. its a vicious cycle!

              Comment


              • special1 wrote: View Post
                Obviously, the C position is less relevant in this day and age than it was before. The C position is changing to a mobile big who can step out to defend and make shots. We've seen many really good Cs sit during crunch time in favour of playing someone who can guard on the perimeter.

                I'll add that even JV has said he's trying to stretch his range and get more mobile ....so he can stay on the floor.

                The mid-range game will always be relevant because defences will give you that shot in an effort to get you off the 3 point line and would rather someone take that shot instead of a layup.

                Let's see what Masai does. A lot of guys have been wrong in the past with regards to Masai's plans....


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                And how is DD doing taking those mid-range shots? something like 35 or 38 percent? pass that ball inside and you'll get a 50 to 60 percent shot.

                And JV has said he is expanding his game not changing his game to adopt. (he himself said that in the same interview you are referring it)

                look, we have a center who is young and really skilled. He is the kind of player who will be in demand around the NBA. Friggin ROLO got paid 52/4yrs.

                I am not saying we should get rid of DD but if it comes down to who we should pay between JV or DD. It should definitely be JV based on basketball reasons.

                Comment


                • Teams give up the midrange because they assume you want to take a 3 or dump it inside. Have teams realize you never pass and its contested mid-range 2's

                  Comment


                  • special1 wrote: View Post
                    DD is average to above average defensively. Stop using 3 year old arguments.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!


                    HAHAHAHHAHA!

                    HAHA!!

                    HA!

                    HA!

                    Demar average to above average defensively. I've read some deluded things on RR, but this takes the cake.
                    "Stay steamy"

                    - Kobe

                    Comment


                    • Oh and btw small ball isn't some end all be all strategy in the NBA.

                      GS weren't successful because they could go small, they were successful because they had the versatility to play almost any style, especially defensively.
                      "Stay steamy"

                      - Kobe

                      Comment


                      • hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                        HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!


                        HAHAHAHHAHA!

                        HAHA!!

                        HA!

                        HA!

                        Demar average to above average defensively. I've read some deluded things on RR, but this takes the cake.
                        Nothing deluded about that. Some of special's other posts definitely are, but DeRozan definitely is average to above average on defense.

                        Comment


                        • JWash wrote: View Post
                          Nothing deluded about that. Some of special's other posts definitely are, but DeRozan definitely is average to above average on defense.
                          in comparison to 32 year old journeymen from europe.

                          Comment


                          • JWash wrote: View Post
                            Nothing deluded about that. Some of special's other posts definitely are, but DeRozan definitely is average to above average on defense.
                            Do you have ANY evidence to support such a statement?

                            I'll start. DeRozan posted a negative DRPM last year. He also posted a negative DRPM the year before.

                            He had the third worst individual DRTG of the regulars, ahead of only Vasquez and Ross. And was ahead of only Ross, Vasquez and Lou in DWS/48 among he regulars. That places him 8th and 6th out of 10 regulars on the team - a team chock full of poor defenders. And he's not above average in THAT group.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

                            Comment


                            • DanH wrote: View Post
                              Do you have ANY evidence to support such a statement?

                              I'll start. DeRozan posted a negative DRPM last year. He also posted a negative DRPM the year before.

                              He had the third worst individual DRTG of the regulars, ahead of only Vasquez and Ross. And was ahead of only Ross, Vasquez and Lou in DWS/48 among he regulars. That places him 8th and 6th out of 10 regulars on the team - a team chock full of poor defenders. And he's not above average in THAT group.
                              We were a horrible defensive team anyway. And you say 3rd worst out of the regulars but almost all of them were within a very small range so that's an irrelevant point (107-110) only Jonas and JJ stood out, which makes sense because imo those are the only two players on the team who are really plus defenders anyway.

                              I consider him average to above average (would slightly above average be preferable?) because he can defend his man, has the size and length to do so, understands rotations, isn't a sieve, and gives a decent effort on that end. It's hard to have that view though when you're basically just watching for DD to make mistakes.

                              Comment


                              • DanH wrote: View Post
                                Do you have ANY evidence to support such a statement?

                                I'll start. DeRozan posted a negative DRPM last year. He also posted a negative DRPM the year before.

                                He had the third worst individual DRTG of the regulars, ahead of only Vasquez and Ross. And was ahead of only Ross, Vasquez and Lou in DWS/48 among he regulars. That places him 8th and 6th out of 10 regulars on the team - a team chock full of poor defenders. And he's not above average in THAT group.
                                Stop, DanH. Just stop.

                                You're fighting delusion.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X