Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Stop, DanH. Just stop.

    You're fighting delusion.
    Just keep derailing threads and arguments with your constant insults man, you have a horrible attitude.

    Comment


    • JWash wrote: View Post
      Just keep derailing threads and arguments with your constant insults man, you have a horrible attitude.
      Dude you're arguing about DeRozan in a JV thread.

      You tell me who has derailed a thread.

      Comment


      • JWash wrote: View Post
        We were a horrible defensive team anyway. And you say 3rd worst out of the regulars but almost all of them were within a very small range so that's an irrelevant point (107-110) only Jonas and JJ stood out, which makes sense because imo those are the only two players on the team who are really plus defenders anyway.

        I consider him average to above average (would slightly above average be preferable?) because he can defend his man, has the size and length to do so, understands rotations, isn't a sieve, and gives a decent effort on that end. It's hard to have that view though when you're basically just watching for DD to make mistakes.
        He constantly gets beat, constantly.

        He has the tools to be a good defender, dare I say a great defender, but he isn't. Which to me is far more troubling for your max guy.

        He doesnt get physical, he isnt good at playing the passing lanes, he gets beat often, cannot hold his own when getting posted up(hello JJ absolutely ABUSING him) and he bites on most pump fakes. Its like he is always playing with 5 fouls.

        Comment


        • mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          Dude you're arguing about DeRozan in a JV thread.

          You tell me who has derailed a thread.
          You and ChristianL are the ones who introduced this DD discussion into the thread. This post right here:

          http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post506075

          So you derailed it into a DeRozan thread and continue to derail it further by insulting people.

          Comment


          • this DD-JV discussion is fu*king unhealthy.

            Comment


            • JV is going to be a very important person for us moving forward starting now.

              More important that Lowry (with Cujop and Wright being more important)
              Mor important that Carroll(who is second most important imo being the new top paid dude here and a guy that brings a SET skillset)
              More important that Demar(with his future with team in the air and the last couple of season we know what a demar led team brings you?

              With these changes that have been made this offseason and Massai/casey talking about importance of JV and Ross and the pgs he brought in(guys that excel in P&R off of bigmen) it would seem tat he is paving the way for that shift from guard driven iso heavy offense to that of a more methodical inside out style in the mold of Portland, memphis, Sanantonio etc.

              Comment


              • JWash wrote: View Post
                You and ChristianL are the ones who introduced this DD discussion into the thread. This post right here:

                http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post506075

                So you derailed it into a DeRozan thread and continue to derail it further by insulting people.
                I answered his question. There has been 3 pages of posts since of which I have had nothing to do with.


                DanH owned you and you are ignoring DanHs post. Don't make this personal and about me because you made unfounded, inaccurate, and highly questionable posts.

                Comment


                • Is it possible to block an entire thread from your feed?
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

                  Comment


                  • mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    I answered his question. There has been 3 pages of posts since of which I have had nothing to do with.


                    DanH owned you and you are ignoring DanHs post. Don't make this personal and about me because you made unfounded, inaccurate, and highly questionable posts.
                    How did I ignore DanH's post? I responded to it in the post right after (before you insulted me and others)... and are you 15? Since when do people get "owned" on forums? I made zero posts of the like.

                    Comment


                    • Pretty sure DD/Klow are going to be in the recruitment process again. So I highly doubt if it comes down to DD/JV that Masai goes JV.
                      @Chr1st1anL

                      Comment


                      • I don't really like how people are pitting our players against each other though, it's really annoying.

                        Most likely both DD and JV will be resigned, hopefully for a few million less per year than their respective maxes.

                        Comment


                        • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Pretty sure DD/Klow are going to be in the recruitment process again. So I highly doubt if it comes down to DD/JV that Masai goes JV.
                          Player recruitment as a reason to keep one player or another is one of the most ridiculous reasonings I have ever heard.

                          It is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT to a players contract and worth as a player.

                          Demar, nay NO ONE in the ENTIRE LEAGUE is sooooooo fucking awesome of a guy that people want to play with him because of it, and Demar is no Lebron so they arent lining up do to his "skills"

                          Comment


                          • DeMar is the better player. That's reason enough.
                            @Chr1st1anL

                            Comment


                            • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              DeMar is the better player. That's reason enough.
                              than who?

                              JV?

                              Demar has alot more opportunities, but numbers show that JV is vastly superior offensively and defensively, and is younger, and plays a greater position of need in the nba.

                              But sure. what you posted.....

                              Comment


                              • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                DeMar is the better player. That's reason enough.
                                This is why the arguments always get out of hand. Chr1s1an comes in with his "unbiased" view with absolutely nothing to back it up other than the usual empty accolades like "he's an all-star" or "he was good enough for team USA" (which he didn't put yet, but I'm sure they'll be coming at some point).

                                ---

                                DeMar's a pretty good player and a really good dude, but he won't be worth a crazy high contract even with a higher salary cap. DeMar is a SG with no 3pt shot, who passes less than he could and takes the worst shot in basketball more than he should. His D is average at best and he's not particularly versatile there. That's not a great player for the type of small ball people like Chr1s1an think makes JV a relic. JV can actually become that type of guy who punishes teams for going small. DeMar is the type of guy that guarantees their victory, just ask GSW's whiteboard.

                                The teams that had the most success against GSW were teams that forced them to slow down and/or play less small ball. We should be looking to involve JV more and alter our system more to spread out the offence between the frontcourt and backcourt. We should not be trying to play more small ball when we lack top tier shooters and passers, and now even have less proven scoring in our bench backcourt. *Not to mention even with the guys we added, we don't have a lot of hugely versatlie defenders. We have more backcourt defenders, but JJ is still the only guy we have that can switch onto bigs, wings or guards.

                                We improved our perimeter D and athleticism, at least on paper, but not really our shooting. We need to create higher quality looks for them. Need less crappy ISO/YOLO 3s, and more created off simple basketball where players kick and swing the ball to open shooters for clean, "just like it's practice" type 3s.

                                **DeMar can be part of this, but to justify any huge salary he might get, he'd have to finally show better results in 3pt shooting, shot selection and looking for his teammates more. The window to find these things out will basically be the first half of this season. All that matters to me is his contract being movable. That's why when BC extended him I wasn't really pissed. It could've ended up being a bit of an overpay, but not in any way where you wouldn't be able to trade him if you wanted to. Maybe Masai can convince him to take a discount, but I don't know why he would. There'll be tons of teams with huge capspace and not enough premiere free agents to fill it all. It only takes one team to offer him a max/near-max deal.
                                Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Aug 5th, 2015, 10:44 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X