Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    This is why the arguments always get out of hand. Chr1s1an comes in with his "unbiased" view with absolutely nothing to back it up other than the usual empty accolades like "he's an all-star" or "he was good enough for team USA" (which he didn't put yet, but I'm sure they'll be coming at some point).

---

DeMar's a pretty good player and a really good dude, but he won't be worth a crazy high contract even with a higher salary cap. DeMar is a SG with no 3pt shot, who passes less than he could and takes the worst shot in basketball more than he should. His D is average at best and he's not particularly versatile there. That's not a great player for the type of small ball people like Chr1s1an think makes JV a relic. JV can actually become that type of guy who punishes teams for going small. DeMar is the type of guy that guarantees their victory, just ask GSW's whiteboard.

The teams that had the most success against GSW were teams that forced them to slow down and/or play less small ball. We should be looking to involve JV more and alter our system more to spread out the offence between the frontcourt and backcourt. We should not be trying to play more small ball when we lack top tier shooters and passers, and now even have less proven scoring in our bench backcourt.

We improved our perimeter D and athleticism, at least on paper, but not really our shooting. We need to create higher quality looks for them. Need less crappy ISO/YOLO 3s, and more created off simple basketball where players kick and swing the ball to open shooters for clean, "just like it's practice" type 3s.
    And that is the rational post I have long lost the desire to make.

It is absolute insanity reading the delusions day in and day out about what DD is suppose to be.

WMCJ put a fork in it. Good day.

Comment

• I still don't understand why people are pitting DD and JV against each other.

I like both... a lot. I also know that if JV was more of a focus in the offense (Jonas 1A, DD 1B, Lowry 2), it would greatly benefit the games of both of our guards.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
        We were a horrible defensive team anyway. And you say 3rd worst out of the regulars but almost all of them were within a very small range so that's an irrelevant point (107-110) only Jonas and JJ stood out, which makes sense because imo those are the only two players on the team who are really plus defenders anyway.

I consider him average to above average (would slightly above average be preferable?) because he can defend his man, has the size and length to do so, understands rotations, isn't a sieve, and gives a decent effort on that end. It's hard to have that view though when you're basically just watching for DD to make mistakes.
        Not even a dd hater but his d rating last year alone was 109 vs his ortg - and o was supposed to be his saving grace- was 104. His all star year was the only year he was a net positive in term of ortg-drtg. His whole career outside of that year he has been a net negative
        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Sorry guy, it wont benefit Demar because demar lacks the necceesary skilset to benefit from playing in a reduced role while doing so off of a centerpiece of the offense.

And even If JV was made 1a, lowry would be 1b. not Demar.

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
            Not even a dd hater but his d rating last year alone was 109 vs his ortg - and o was supposed to be his saving grace- was 104. His all star year was the only year he was a net positive in term of ortg-drtg. His whole career outside of that year he has been a net negative
            But people like him!

He was at a show with KD!

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post

I like both... a lot. I also know that if JV was more of a focus in the offense (Jonas 1A, DD 1B, Lowry 2), it would greatly benefit the games of both of our guards.
              I like both a lot too and agree with your point re the offense involving JV.

I guess the salary cap does that. It forces you to consider not only if you like a player (and I count myself as a fan of DD) but HOW MUCH you like him or any player, and if you're willing to sacrifice spending at other positions (including possible free agent opportunities or possibly losing other valuable players you can no longer afford to sign at a reasonable salary) in order to accommodate his salary expectations.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                But people like him!

He was at a show with KD!
                Most definitely

Comment

• NBA Players in Vegas for summer league were asked who the raptors best player is. JV got no votes.

A) DeMar DeRozan

B) Kyle Lowry

C) DeMarre Carroll

"When we get our scouting report he's been the first guy we talk about from as long as I can remember."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...-raptors-fans/
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    NBA Players in Vegas for summer league were asked who the raptors best player is. JV got no votes.

A) DeMar DeRozan

B) Kyle Lowry

C) DeMarre Carroll

"When we get our scouting report he's been the first guy we talk about from as long as I can remember."

Because he has the highest usage and shot attempts on the team perhaps? A little critical thinking goes a long way.

Pretty funny that all the arguments for DD are non play related. All star, team USA, Vegas summer league poll....

Comment

NBA Players in Vegas for summer league were asked who the raptors best player is. JV got no votes.

A) DeMar DeRozan

B) Kyle Lowry

C) DeMarre Carroll

JV never used, Dear used a lot hence scouting reports. Dear is a good-great player just used terribly like Gay. Problem is it's the same coach and he's a UFA

Comment

A) DeMar DeRozan

B) Kyle Lowry

C) DeMarre Carroll

I really don't fucking care what players think right now. A couple years ago, I bet they said Monta Ellis is the best player on the Warriors. Really holds true today doesn't it?

EDIT: Those same players said LeBron was the true MVP. Guess who the Players' MVP was? Not LeBron.

Comment

A) DeMar DeRozan

B) Kyle Lowry

C) DeMarre Carroll

A scouting trip report that said "he rarely passes".
                          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            It is not possible so he is going to have to trade DeRozan for a mid to late first round pick first.
                            Man you're just looking g for the same argument that you've had a million times before. You could have just said "he is going to have to trade someone" but you had to say it would be DeRozan (to a poster who is a Derozan supporter and one you've argued with 8585768 times) AND you had to say it would be for a mid to late first round pick because YOU KNOW that's gonna stir up some shit... I just don't get it man, don't you get tired?
                            Fuck this thread is a boring piece of shit now a days with guys just arguing the same thing lime you're addicted to it.
                            Go out and get some fucking sun or something... For Christ sakes.
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                              Because he has the highest usage and shot attempts on the team perhaps? A little critical thinking goes a long way.

Pretty funny that all the arguments for DD are non play related. All star, team USA, Vegas summer league poll....
                              RR where making All-star/TeamUSA means nothing. Because posters here know more than the coaches building the teams
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                                Sorry guy, it wont benefit Demar because demar lacks the necceesary skilset to benefit from playing in a reduced role while doing so off of a centerpiece of the offense.

And even If JV was made 1a, lowry would be 1b. not Demar.
                                Didn't u watch the USA games last year

correct me if im wrong but didn't demar do a outstanding job in those games?
                                and oh yeah he wasn't a first option
                                Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Working...
                                X