Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mindlessness wrote: View Post
    I really don't fucking care what players think right now. A couple years ago, I bet they said Monta Ellis is the best player on the Warriors. Really holds true today doesn't it?

    EDIT: Those same players said LeBron was the true MVP. Guess who the Players' MVP was? Not LeBron.
    A couple years ago Monta Ellis was the best player on the Warriors. Steph just got better. LBJ should actually win the MVP every year. No one in the league is more valuable to their team than LBJ.
    Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed Aug 5, 2015, 02:19 PM.
    @Chr1st1anL

    Comment


    • Abbas wrote: View Post
      Didn't u watch the USA games last year

      correct me if im wrong but didn't demar do a outstanding job in those games?
      and oh yeah he wasn't a first option
      and back to the team usa argument which holds no value in terms of the nba.

      Different rules, different court, and of course Demar will take a back seat. He is playing for country and playing with 11 guys of high talent.

      Karl Malone averaged 5.8 ppg for the 92 dream team and took a role equal to the 8th man, that mean he would excel at that role on Utah?

      Comment


      • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        NBA Players in Vegas for summer league were asked who the raptors best player is. JV got no votes.

        A) DeMar DeRozan

        B) Kyle Lowry

        C) DeMarre Carroll

        "When we get our scouting report he's been the first guy we talk about from as long as I can remember."

        As presented by a Rogers owns sports station out of Toronto number one.

        And number two, who fucking cares.

        And number 3, if all you did was look at boxscores then sure, Demar and Lowry 1 and 2. they score the most.
        You could ask my wife who never watches basketball and she would give you a couple of those names.

        Has NOTHING to do with talent, has more to do with name recognition.

        McDonalds does not taste better than a gourmet burger joint, but ask strangers on the street to name a place to get a burger and they will say MCDonalds. It has as much to do with marketing than anything else.

        Now go ahead and comeback with something about team USA.

        http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...-raptors-fans/
        As presented by a Rogers owns sports station out of Toronto number one.

        And number two, who fucking cares.

        And number 3, if all you did was look at boxscores then sure, Demar and Lowry 1 and 2. they score the most.
        You could ask my wife who never watches basketball and she would give you a couple of those names.

        Has NOTHING to do with talent, has more to do with name recognition.

        McDonalds does not taste better than a gourmet burger joint, but ask strangers on the street to name a place to get a burger and they will say MCDonalds. It has as much to do with marketing than anything else.

        Now go ahead and comeback with something about team USA.

        Comment


        • Abbas wrote: View Post
          Didn't u watch the USA games last year

          correct me if im wrong but didn't demar do a outstanding job in those games?
          and oh yeah he wasn't a first option
          I think we should take ones performance in international play with a massive grain of salt, especially when they are a role player on their international team. He played on an all star team while they played against some pretty mediocre teams. Yes it is an accomplishment to make it on the team, but Im not sure that his play in those games would translate back to the NBA.

          Comment


          • Mr.Z wrote: View Post
            Man you're just looking g for the same argument that you've had a million times before. You could have just said "he is going to have to trade someone" but you had to say it would be DeRozan (to a poster who is a Derozan supporter and one you've argued with 8585768 times) AND you had to say it would be for a mid to late first round pick because YOU KNOW that's gonna stir up some shit... I just don't get it man, don't you get tired?
            Fuck this thread is a boring piece of shit now a days with guys just arguing the same thing lime you're addicted to it.
            Go out and get some fucking sun or something... For Christ sakes
            .
            I'm going to break this down very in very simple terms. This was the original post:

            Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Masai is going to pay DD/JV/KD all the max next summer.

            Is that even possible?
            To which I replied:

            mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            It is not possible so he is going to have to trade DeRozan for a mid to late first round pick first.

            Now why did I reply with that?

            Well because of the CBA.

            What he said is actually impossible unless you gut the current contracts on the roster down to $10M. Does that sound reasonable? No, it doesn't.

            A very tired argument is the JV vs. DD worth. Well, I am firmly on the side of a 23 year old C who lead the team in most advanced stats and if given minutes of other starting Cs, which he deserves, should be a double double machine.

            So what option is left? Well, you could let him walk for nothing next summer but that isn't high on my list of preferences because it is better to try and get something. Maybe KD wants to leave OKC with assets in the hypothetical scenario he walks? So, in my opinion, you trade DeRozan - now there is a poll around here which shows a majority in agreement with that idea.

            And who do you trade for him? Well, no one with salary because that ties back to the original idea of signing KD.

            So what do you trade him for?
            What has value?
            What has a low cap hold but not too high to again impact the very unlikely scenario a KD signing?

            *drum roll*

            A MID TO LATE FIRST ROUND PICK!!!!

            Hence my response.


            Now your bold: You don't like it? Don't read it. You don't like my posts or ideas? Place me on ignore. Calling me out for a reasonable reply to an impossible idea is a real dick move. How many posts have I made since page 269 (over 60 posts)? 4. And of those 4 one was to highlight the delusion among the District (reply to DanH), another was to agree with a rational post which I've long long interest in making because of the aforementioned district (reply to WMCJ), and 2 to JWash who has been one of most active participants in the entire derailment of JV thread and took to a personal attack rather than any rational topic of conversation.

            Comment


            • mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              I'm going to break this down very in very simple terms. This was the original post:



              To which I replied:




              Now why did I reply with that?

              Well because of the CBA.

              What he said is actually impossible unless you gut the current contracts on the roster down to $10M. Does that sound reasonable? No, it doesn't.

              A very tired argument is the JV vs. DD worth. Well, I am firmly on the side of a 23 year old C who lead the team in most advanced stats and if given minutes of other starting Cs, which he deserves, should be a double double machine.

              So what option is left? Well, you could let him walk for nothing next summer but that isn't high on my list of preferences because it is better to try and get something. Maybe KD wants to leave OKC with assets in the hypothetical scenario he walks? So, in my opinion, you trade DeRozan - now there is a poll around here which shows a majority in agreement with that idea.

              And who do you trade for him? Well, no one with salary because that ties back to the original idea of signing KD.

              So what do you trade him for?
              What has value?
              What has a low cap hold but not too high to again impact the very unlikely scenario a KD signing?

              *drum roll*

              A MID TO LATE FIRST ROUND PICK!!!!

              Hence my response.


              Now your bold: You don't like it? Don't read it. You don't like my posts or ideas? Place me on ignore. Calling me out for a reasonable reply to an impossible idea is a real dick move. How many posts have I made since page 269 (over 60 posts)? 4. And of those 4 one was to highlight the delusion among the District (reply to DanH), another was to agree with a rational post which I've long long interest in making because of the aforementioned district (reply to WMCJ), and 2 to JWash who has been one of most active participants in the entire derailment of JV thread and took to a personal attack rather than any rational topic of conversation.
              You can rationalize it however you want but when you make a post like "he is going to have to be traded for a mid to late first round pick" (which, Masai wouldn't do) in response to ChristianL who is an huge DD supporter, you're looking for more pointless argument.
              And I don't don't actually care about how many posts you actually made since then because you're constantly in the middle of these DD debates.
              Whatever floats your boat though, I guess.
              You come at the King, you best not miss.

              Comment


              • mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

                Well because of the CBA.

                What he said is actually impossible unless you gut the current contracts on the roster down to $10M. Does that sound reasonable? No, it doesn't.

                A very tired argument is the JV vs. DD worth. Well, I am firmly on the side of a 23 year old C who lead the team in most advanced stats and if given minutes of other starting Cs, which he deserves, should be a double double machine.
                Nothing wrong with this and I agree with you here. Signing KD+JV+DD is almost impossible as it would cost at least 65M in the first year, meaning we would need to gut the roster of everyone but CoJo and the prospects and sign mins to fill it out. Paying them all the max would make that situation even tougher.

                So what option is left? Well, you could let him walk for nothing next summer but that isn't high on my list of preferences because it is better to try and get something. Maybe KD wants to leave OKC with assets in the hypothetical scenario he walks? So, in my opinion, you trade DeRozan - now there is a poll around here which shows a majority in agreement with that idea.

                And who do you trade for him? Well, no one with salary because that ties back to the original idea of signing KD.

                So what do you trade him for?
                What has value?
                What has a low cap hold but not too high to again impact the very unlikely scenario a KD signing?

                *drum roll*

                A MID TO LATE FIRST ROUND PICK!!!!
                This is the part that doesn't make any sense to me. The utility of a mid-late 1st round pick is so low... why do this trade now? If you get to the offseason and Durant wants to come whether DD's here or not, then jettison DD in a sign & trade (he'd gladly agree to this to get more money) to the Knicks or Lakers or whoever and pilfer one of their picks instead. Why the fuck would you make that trade in advance.

                There are only 3 guys in the FA class who are better than DD. One of them (Dwight) has overlap with JV and would not come here. Horford and KD might but you don't deal DD 12 months before that for such little value when you could easily clear him off the books in the offseason.

                Now your bold: You don't like it? Don't read it. You don't like my posts or ideas? Place me on ignore. Calling me out for a reasonable reply to an impossible idea is a real dick move. How many posts have I made since page 269 (over 60 posts)? 4. And of those 4 one was to highlight the delusion among the District (reply to DanH), another was to agree with a rational post which I've long long interest in making because of the aforementioned district (reply to WMCJ), and 2 to JWash who has been one of most active participants in the entire derailment of JV thread and took to a personal attack rather than any rational topic of conversation.
                Hilarious that you're accusing me of derailing the thread when you're the one who had to go and insult everyone who supports DeRozan by calling them deluded. That is derailing and I actually reported that post (although I doubt anything will happen since you're such a longstanding member). I didn't make any personal attack on you. You are the one who attacked everybody who thinks DeRozan is at least an average defender, "delusion(al)".

                Comment


                • Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                  You can rationalize it however you want but when you make a post like "he is going to have to be traded for a mid to late first round pick" (which, Masai wouldn't do) in response to ChristianL who is an huge DD supporter, you're looking for more pointless argument.
                  And I don't don't actually care about how many posts you actually made since then because you're constantly in the middle of these DD debates.
                  Whatever floats your boat though, I guess.
                  Actually, I wasn't looking for an argument - the exact opposite of you here it would appear. I made my point and didn't make any other posts on the topic for over 3 pages.

                  There is no rationalization. What Christian said was absolutely impossible. My post made it possible - even by the narrowest of margins - based on my opinion of what should happen to make a KD signing possible. If people want to post nonsense, go right ahead, but be prepared to be called on it. There are a lot of informed posters here.

                  I rarely discuss DeRozan of late. I'm well aware of how many debates I've been in, I am sick of it as well. I haven't taken part in this DD debate other than to highlight delusion going on in a JV thread. Only other discussion is the insanity that DD would be a better fit next to KD than DC... that one still makes me laugh.

                  But my suggestion still stands: place me on ignore if my posts seem to bother you as much as they seem to do.

                  Comment


                  • JWash wrote: View Post
                    Nothing wrong with this and I agree with you here. Signing KD+JV+DD is almost impossible as it would cost at least 65M in the first year, meaning we would need to gut the roster of everyone but CoJo and the prospects and sign mins to fill it out. Paying them all the max would make that situation even tougher.



                    This is the part that doesn't make any sense to me. The utility of a mid-late 1st round pick is so low... why do this trade now? If you get to the offseason and Durant wants to come whether DD's here or not, then jettison DD in a sign & trade (he'd gladly agree to this to get more money) to the Knicks or Lakers or whoever and pilfer one of their picks instead. Why the fuck would you make that trade in advance.

                    There are only 3 guys in the FA class who are better than DD. One of them (Dwight) has overlap with JV and would not come here. Horford and KD might but you don't deal DD 12 months before that for such little value when you could easily clear him off the books in the offseason.



                    Hilarious that you're accusing me of derailing the thread when you're the one who had to go and insult everyone who supports DeRozan by calling them deluded. That is derailing and I actually reported that post (although I doubt anything will happen since you're such a longstanding member). I didn't make any personal attack on you. You are the one who attacked everybody who thinks DeRozan is at least an average defender, "delusion(al)".
                    Obviously I made a mistake taking you off ignore. I made a bigger one interacting with you.

                    I had read some of your posts of late through other people's quotes and you were making some sense.

                    Welcome back to ignore.

                    I apologize to those annoyed by the waste pixels.

                    Comment


                    • mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      Obviously I made a mistake taking you off ignore. I made a bigger one interacting with you.

                      I had read some of your posts of late through other people's quotes and you were making some sense.

                      Welcome back to ignore.

                      I apologize to those annoyed by the waste pixels.
                      I don't really get why you're putting me on ignore, but ok. I've mostly been talking about Jonas and how he needs a bigger role, prior to the past few days... which you agree with. So I guess I "make sense" when I agree with you so you take me off ignore, and when I disagree with you I'm "delusional" and go back on ignore.

                      I have no issue debating with you, my problem is the fact that you started this by calling half the site delusional.

                      Comment


                      • Geezus guys ... this is a Valanciunas thread. Talk about Jonas!

                        Comment


                        • So for the upcoming season, does anyone have an over/under for how much minutes they expect him to play per game? And another over/under for how many of those minutes come from the 4th quarter?
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

                          Comment


                          • Seriously. I just went through a whole page of Derozan, and its always the same people who bring DD into other threads and then go on to dominate the conversation.

                            If you NEEEEED to talk DD, then do it in the DD thread. Getting tired of this.

                            Comment


                            • Just Is wrote: View Post
                              So for the upcoming season, does anyone have an over/under for how much minutes they expect him to play per game? And another over/under for how many of those minutes come from the 4th quarter?
                              I think he'll get 28/29 ish.

                              Comment


                              • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                Masai is going to pay DD/JV/KD all the max next summer.

                                Is that even possible?
                                Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                So its starting to look like Masai will have to pick between DD and JV.

                                Why do you guys think he'll pick JV? Instead of the guy who spent last night hanging out with Durant.
                                Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                JV is not more talented than DD...
                                special1 wrote: View Post
                                LOL

                                JV more talented than DD? I think you meant taller






                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Joey wrote: View Post
                                Seriously. I just went through a whole page of Derozan, and its always the same people who bring DD into other threads and then go on to dominate the conversation.

                                If you NEEEEED to talk DD, then do it in the DD thread. Getting tired of this.

                                There it is. Nearly 6 pages of derailment with 4 posts in a JV thread.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X