No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valanciunas will be flying back to Toronto to sign a new deal with Raptors - said Lithuania NT coach. Rumored- 16 mil per. The contract rumor is legit, coach told this because JV didn't play tonight and will be gone for few days. The amount of money is just a speculation by local media. It should be done this week, then JV goes back to Europe to continue his NT duties.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
      Valanciunas will be flying back to Toronto to sign a new deal with Raptors - said Lithuania NT coach. Rumored- 16 mil per. The contract rumor is legit, coach told this because JV didn't play tonight and will be gone for few days. The amount of money is just a speculation by local media. It should be done this week, then JV goes back to Europe to continue his NT duties.

$16M/year for JV would be amazing.. Masai is the man.

Comment

Valanciunas will be flying back to Toronto to sign a new deal with Raptors - said Lithuania NT coach. Rumored- 16 mil per. The contract rumor is legit, coach told this because JV didn't play tonight and will be gone for few days. The amount of money is just a speculation by local media. It should be done this week, then JV goes back to Europe to continue his NT duties.

I hope this is true.

Comment

If this is true MU is a genius
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Everything Valanciunas

In case someone would like to read it in Lithuanian. Source is legit because coach talked about this in an interview after tonight's game.
            http://www.krepsinis.net/naujiena/j-...sutarti/253276

Last edited by Henry_Chinaski; Mon Aug 17, 2015, 03:25 PM.
            MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• Hold your horses, guys. The numbers are very questionable. Nobody knows exact details about the deal itself (years or money). On the other hand JV is extremely loyal, so I wouldn't be surprised.

MeDar ReDozan

Comment

In case someone would like to read it in Lithuania. Source is legit because coach talked about this in an interview after tonight's game.
                http://www.krepsinis.net/naujiena/j-...sutarti/253276

Here is the google translation of that article:

Lithuanian men's basketball team preparations for the European Championships cozy unforeseen circumstances - John Valančiūnas to fly to Canada.

Toronto Raptors club offered 23 years 213 cm tall center's long-term contract, so he has to go across the Atlantic, where it will be checked health and put signatures on the contract.

Chief coach Jonas Kazlauskas said that it's a little cozy plans, but everything will try to sort out as soon as possible. In order to avoid unforeseen circumstances, J.Kazlauskas allowed mid-striker missed a meeting with Turkey.

There are no known than the duration of the contract, the value. J.Valančiūnas Raptors' defend the honor of the year 2012.
                No mention of $16M.. but the fact he's signing a contract now is only good news. Probably means he's getting less than max.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Here is the google translation of that article:

No mention of $16M.. but the fact he's signing a contract now is only good news. Probably means he's getting less than max.
                  Yup, the money speculation is made by other website. Nobody really knows how much he's going to get.

MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• Hmmm, there goes any hope of 2016 cap space?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      Hmmm, there goes any hope of 2016 cap space?
                      Well Masai is also the guy that locked KL into his deal, and Demarre is at 15. I'm not worried about any overpay.

Comment

• God please let it be under 18mil
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I'm very intrigued to see what the numbers are. VERY VERY intrigued.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            I'm very intrigued to see what the numbers are. VERY VERY intrigued.
                            Yeah, if it is around the aforementioned rumoured 16M per....that's quite a deal. May actually have to start a Masai-ah based religion.

Comment

• This was Kanter's deal according to Basketball Insiders:

$16,407,500
                              $17,145,838
                              $17,884,176
                              $18,622,514 (player option year 4)

I would imagine that is the benchmark for JV?

Anything less and minus the player option will be gravy.

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
                                Well Masai is also the guy that locked KL into his deal, and Demarre is at 15. I'm not worried about any overpay.
                                It's more a point of cap hold vs the amount of the extension. The extension, even if reasonable, takes a sizable chunk out of any projected cap space. I'm fine with this extension, it just probably has us playing the trade market rather than free agency next summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X