Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
    Does JV score as well as Kanter of OKC- not even close, we know he is better Defensive Rebounder , but not as good a offensive rebounder. Defensively is better than the OKC signee, but how much better.
    Starting at $15 Million and increasing by 5% per annum is 4/66.
    DD's improvement makes the deal like a steal, what happens if JV becomes Benoit Benjamin or the Kandi Man? Than it is a vast overpay.
    JV has a better TS%
    JV has a higher TRB% (JV gets back on defense, amir etc crashed offensive glass on the team last season)
    JV JV has higher win shares
    JV is better at getting to the line
    JV has a better offensive rating BY FAR
    JV has a slightly better defensive rating on a worse defesive team

Comment

• Am I right in understanding that the maximum raise for JV would be 7.5% of the first year of his contract? So if it was 15 million, that could come out to:

Or an average of 16.6875. Those numbers would be a good deal to me.

The first year could be anything over 15, of course, but perhaps the +$60 million number is going around because someone correctly heard that it's a four year contract with $15 million in the first year.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
        Am I right in understanding that the maximum raise for JV would be 7.5% of the first year of his contract? So if it was 15 million, that could come out to:

Or an average of 16.6875. Those numbers would be a good deal to me.

The first year could be anything over 15, of course, but perhaps the +$60 million number is going around because someone correctly heard that it's a four year contract with $15 million in the first year.
        That makes a lot of sense, that's probably what it is and that's still less than what kanter got lol

Comment

• Jonas after 1st practice since contract extension:

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
            If you recall, I suggested that they could sign DD and JV for $36M combined. I suggested that it's really all about how DD and JV feel about their team.

BINGO!

To me, you're missing out on the fun if you don't realize that these guys are like 9-year-old boys, sitting in a tree-house, and thinking about making "friends forever" pledges.

So Kyle has voted. JV has voted.

Anyone wanna bet on DeMar?

Haha, you're probably right, especially on that analogy.
            #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
              Masai and Casey's plan on limiting his play and growth to get a fair contract worked like a charm!

Now we can finally play him in the 4th.
              I dismissed that idea previously.

I'm at least open to considering it now.

For Dwane's sake I hope so.

Minimize JV's value
              Maximize DD's value

Keep JV
              Trade DD

How sweet it would be for a few of us.

(really not intending to troll anyone here - just running with thoughts from N's post - always been very honest about not being a fan of DeRozan's game... like at all).

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                Tbh even 80M wouldn't be horrible at all.
                ~80M is his max if he waits for free agency and signs an offer sheet. Don't see the point of extending him at close to 80M.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  ~80M is his max if he waits for free agency and signs an offer sheet. Don't see the point of extending him at close to 80M.
                  It is?

Wouldn't a max for JV in 2016 FA start at over 20M? He's eligible for ~23% of the cap no? So how would his max be 80M? It's quite a bit more than that, like closer to 90M

Comment

It is?

Wouldn't a max for JV in 2016 FA start at over 20M? He's eligible for ~23% of the cap no? So how would his max be 80M? It's quite a bit more than that, like closer to 90M
                    Yeah, you are right, it is closer to 90M, but savings of a couple million a year - might as well just force another team to pay him that much. If you sign ahead of time, you are really shooting for significant savings in the range of 3-4M per year at least.

I certainly wouldn't be angry at 80M. Heck, I don't care if he extends for the max since I want to target 2017 anyway. But I'm certainly looking for a deal close to 70M, as I've been hoping since the Kanter deal.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• z
                      DanH wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, you are right, it is closer to 90M, but savings of a couple million a year - might as well just force another team to pay him that much. If you sign ahead of time, you are really shooting for significant savings in the range of 3-4M per year at least.

I certainly wouldn't be angry at 80M. Heck, I don't care if he extends for the max since I want to target 2017 anyway. But I'm certainly looking for a deal close to 70M, as I've been hoping since the Kanter deal.
                      Yeah I agree with you on the last part.

But my thinking is if you signed him 4yr/80M you're in a good spot. It's not the max, and if the cap turns out to be higher than projected (which has happened a lot the past few years), you've saved yourself quite a bit of money.

Comment

z

Yeah I agree with you on the last part.

But my thinking is if you signed him 4yr/80M you're in a good spot. It's not the max, and if the cap turns out to be higher than projected (which has happened a lot the past few years), you've saved yourself quite a bit of money.
                        True enough, like I said I wouldn't be upset.

But if you are going to aim for a number, you don't aim for 80M.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          True enough, like I said I wouldn't be upset.

But if you are going to aim for a number, you don't aim for 80M.
                          Oh definitely not, from what Stein is saying it seems like it's in the 60s which is just a total steal for JV.

Wonder if Masai can work similar magic with DeRozan.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            I dismissed that idea previously.

I'm at least open to considering it now.

For Dwane's sake I hope so.

Minimize JV's value
                            Maximize DD's value

Keep JV
                            Trade DD

How sweet it would be for a few of us.

(really not intending to troll anyone here - just running with thoughts from N's post - always been very honest about not being a fan of DeRozan's game... like at all).
                            I mentioned that a few times - the only logical explanation for a coach to publicly devalue his own player on multiple occasions is to be able to re-sign him on a value contract. Otherwise, it makes no sense. Conversely, you usually pump up a player you're trying to trade and one you have just signed.

Comment

• Lakers will be in play for DeRozan and so will the Knicks. He's not coming cheap.
                              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                              Because its 2015

Comment

• Also, DeRozan has said numerous times he wants to stay with one team his whole career so who knows. JV thread though, and any extension for JV is a good one at this point. He's a highly trade able commodity regardless of price.
                                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                                Because its 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X