Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bandit wrote: View Post
    ftfy
    haha, i could see that happening
    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

    Comment


    • Scraptor wrote: View Post
      Outstanding news. I'll wager good money he makes an All-Star team before his next contract comes around.
      this year.

      Comment


      • Anyone read break down on money?

        Is it $16 per

        Or does it start lower with 7.5% raises?

        Comment


        • Day One wrote: View Post
          this year.
          Unfortunately not with Casey at the helm, imo. Already too much chatter about how he won't play the fourth, league is going small, etc. My guess is he'll be there in 2016-17.

          Comment


          • Masai has specifically said he's going to chat with CC about JV's role.

            I've speculated before, though, that a good signing value for JV might be taken to indicate that he appreciates the Raptrors being patient with him, rather than his feeling under-used and under-valued. This is consistent with what many writers suggest - though they all seem to see his (sooner-rather-than-later) all-star potential.

            Or Maybe JV's just stupid.

            Comment


            • Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
              Masai has specifically said he's going to chat with CC about JV's role.

              I've speculated before, though, that a good signing value for JV might be taken to indicate that he appreciates the Raptrors being patient with him, rather than his feeling under-used and under-valued. This is consistent with what many writers suggest - though they all seem to see his (sooner-rather-than-later) all-star potential.

              Or Maybe JV's just stupid.
              The thing I've always felt is that, even though they take him out in the 4th quarter, they must most likely keep reassuring him "you're a big part of this franchise moving forward, you're going to get those minutes eventually, we believe in you." Casey and Ujiri have nothing but praise for him when they discuss him, it doesn't feel like a situation where they don't play him because they don't believe he'll ever be a great player.

              Comment


              • This is just a great deal. It's been an hour and a half since I heard about it and I'm still speechless.

                Comment





                • Where's my security though

                  Comment


                  • Wow, amazing deal for us. Well done Masai.

                    Sets the table for DD to take a little less.

                    Comment


                    • Found this BobbyMarks tweet interesting:





                      ... means if Cousins is ever available and is destined for Toronto this year, than JV will still be a Raptor.

                      Comment


                      • Amazing deal. Masai is a wizard. Here's how the deal compares relative to money under the current cap.

                        2015/16 $70m cap = $16M/yr (JV actually makes $4.6M on last year of rookie deal)

                        2016/17 $90M cap = $16M equivalent to $12.4M under current cap

                        2017/18-2018/19 $108M cap = $16M equivalent to $10.4M under current cap

                        You have to assume he'll opt out after the 2018/19 season. He'll probably be a multiple time all star and by far the best contract in the NBA.
                        Last edited by Primer; Thu Aug 20, 2015, 07:42 PM. Reason: Forgot he's still on rookie deal this season

                        Comment


                        • Primer wrote: View Post
                          Amazing deal. Masai is a wizard. Here's how the deal compares relative to money under the current cap.

                          2015/16 $70m cap = $16M/yr (JV actually makes $4.6M on last year of rookie deal)

                          2016/17 $90M cap = $16M equivalent to $12.4M under current cap

                          2017/18-2018/19 $108M cap = $16M equivalent to $10.4M under current cap

                          You have to assume he'll opt out after the 2018/19 season. He'll probably be a multiple time all star and by far the best contract in the NBA.
                          Going to take a while to get use to these new numbers relative to the old cap.

                          Comment


                          • I dunno. I read this news and I feel like its just "yep, that sounds about right".

                            Masai didnt fleece JV, this was an easy signing. JV got a bit more than he has showed, but will IMO keep growing into a top level guy.

                            All in all, a good day in Raptorland

                            Comment


                            • Superjudge wrote: View Post
                              I dunno. I read this news and I feel like its just "yep, that sounds about right".

                              Masai didnt fleece JV, this was an easy signing. JV got a bit more than he has showed, but will IMO keep growing into a top level guy.

                              All in all, a good day in Raptorland
                              I think it is comparable to DeMar's extension, which, despite being based on future expectations rather than current production, could be considered a fleecing. It sure as hell beats Kanter's.

                              Comment


                              • ya, I can dig that

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X