X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great deal.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Here's hoping that this is our Steph Curry deal.

Curry became an all-star caliber player the year following his extension (his 4th year) and then established himself as a superstar over the next two seasons. I'm hoping JV can do something similar, he has the potential.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
        I dunno. I read this news and I feel like its just "yep, that sounds about right".

Masai didnt fleece JV, this was an easy signing. JV got a bit more than he has showed, but will IMO keep growing into a top level guy.

All in all, a good day in Raptorland
        Yes. I'm convinced it's a good deal. But mindful, too, of how often it's being noted he'll "likely be an all-star soon". And how little that means in the context of paying our already all-star anything even approaching market value. I know there are reasons for this (given by those intimately acquainted with his skills). But the discrepancy is there, nonetheless.

But it's a happy day for all. Great!

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
          Here's hoping that this is our Steph Curry deal.

Curry became an all-star caliber player the year following his extension (his 4th year) and then established himself as a superstar over the next two seasons. I'm hoping JV can do something similar, he has the potential.
          I dont think JV will ever be good as Curry

Curry is pretty much a HOF lock now after his MVP and ring

but i do understand what ur saying and with more minutes im sure JV will shock the world (outside tdot) and become an all-star
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
            Another great deal by Masai

JV @16m is going to be a steal in the next 4 years

now lets get DD at around 18

threw a max at KD

Trade the NYK pick, Lowry and DC for Anthony Davis

lol the pipe dream
            You could throw the whole raptos franchise at the pels and still not get Davis.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• some of those questions...oh boy.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Such a good deal for everyone.

He is a legit starting NBA C.

His contract doesn't kick in until the NEW CBA deal kicks in.

He is basically signing for about $12M per year under old CBA dollars.

Such a good deal for everyone.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  Likely a bit of a combination - JV isn't a great passer out of the post but the team also didn't move off the ball or give him options.

If you have 5 minutes, look at Jonas post-ups (not the quick buckets off deep position) in this video:

The only regular movement I see is JJ getting himself in position for a rebound. But even look at how the guards are standing on the perimeter - hands down, just watching.
                  Jonas had 26 with 3:50 left in the 3rd.

Finishes with 31? What? In what was a close game in the 4th (looks like - was like 98-96) too, he was hot, and they ignore him.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

some of those questions...oh boy.
                    You gotta love this guy!

Staying humble... Saying his teammates got him here....taking ownership for not playing at times.

Great deal for the Raps.

JV seems ready to show more this year. I can't wait to see his improvements. I'm rooting for him like all Raptor fans should.

Man... I Can't wait for the season to start. I think we got a great bunch of guys suiting up this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• This is a very, very good day for me. Fantastic deal for the Raptors.

Will be interesting to see the contract structure - with 2016 and 2017 key free agency years I'd expect full backloading.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Great Presser. So. Was he just "saying the right things"?

Or, as he says, does he do the deal (we are raving about) because of the faith shown in him, his trust in the organization, his belief in his team-mates and that he can rise to the defensive challenges (which he totally owned) and his desire to win here and with this core group?

"Four more years!", indeed

He said he has been discussing this deal for "months". So I think we can infer Masai went into the FA period with a ball-park number for JV in his back pocket. Perfect. There is no better way.

And I believe Masai has that kind of a back-of-a-napkin number and cooperative understanding for DeMar too. I'd say $20M ... or less. But they may do a one-year deal if they want to go after 2017 Max FA's. It's all about the trust, here, I think. "It's just a contract", said JV, when asked why he didn't wait to sign for more money.

Check it guys. It's not just the core players up in the tree-fort making pledges. Masai is a member of that club. I believe that's the "core". Righteous.
                        Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Thu Aug 20, 2015, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                          Great Presser. So. Was he just "saying the right things"?

Or, as he says, does he do the deal (we are raving about) because of the faith shown in him, his trust in the organization, his belief in his team-mates and that he can rise to the defensive challenges (which he totally owned) and his desire to win here and with this core group?

"Four more years!", indeed

He said he has been discussing this deal for "months". So I think we can infer Masai went into the FA period with a ball-park number for JV in his back pocket. Perfect. There is no better way.

And I believe Masai has that kind of a back-of-a-napkin number and cooperative understanding for DeMar too. I'd say $20M ... or less. But they may do a one-year deal if they want to go after 2017 Max FA's. It's all about the trust, here, I think. "It's just a contract", said JV, when asked why he didn't wait to sign for more money.

Check it guys. It's not just the core guys up in the tree-fort making pledges. Masai is a member of that club. Righteous.
                          There is a level of competency in the organization right now that just hasn't existed before, and it's not even close. Awesome that taking care of business like this the right way has become the new normal over the past couple of seasons.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• The Masaiah
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I don't believe it is coincidence Raptors have ability to offer a max contract to another teams free agent next summer if they renounce all their own free agents.

Comment

• I still can't believe JV is making less than Kanter.
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X