X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One
    replied
    thead wrote: View Post
    okay so...must play whole career here AND OR win championship while being a significant part of winning said championship

I have refined my bar under scrutiny
    Should the Wolves retire Kevin Garnett's number?

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    I dont know why people care so much about fluff like this. Whatever the franchise chooses to do is fine by me. DD and Kyle did a lot for this era, Vince was a trailblazer. Boston and LA have a much higher bar set than us for obvious reasons. Gotta start somewhere though.

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    okay so...must play whole career here AND OR win championship while being a significant part of winning said championship

I have refined my bar under scrutiny

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    So no respect for Steve Nash, Barclay, Ewing, Malone and Stockton, Dominique Wilkins?....
    I agree the bar should be set high, but DeMar makes it for me. Not just for on-court success for repping the city and jersey so well for so long. But he needs to stop throwing shade on Masai for at least a few years.
    I take your point under advisement

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    so no demar then? that's waaaauy to high of a bar
    I would add play whole career here.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Can we please make the bar for jersey retirement...must have won ring here
    So no respect for Steve Nash, Barclay, Ewing, Malone and Stockton, Dominique Wilkins?....
    I agree the bar should be set high, but DeMar makes it for me. Not just for on-court success for repping the city and jersey so well for so long. But he needs to stop throwing shade on Masai for at least a few years.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    so no demar then? that's waaaauy to high of a bar

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    I mean, strange things have happened like the Heat retiring Michael Jordan's #23. So you never know.

Dallas retiring Derek Harper's number. Good player but never won anything in Dallas and never made an all star team either.
    Our standards need to be higher. Especially with the championship so close

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Should be a fun game: JV/Miles/Delon vs DeMar/Poeltl

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Raptors shouldn't retire a number. They should retire a 5 letter word instead: MASAI

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    No and I'm a huge JV fan. Retiring jerseys are for elite long term players who contributed to successful playoff runs at a minimum. They can't all win championships for obvious reasons.

No one before DeRozan. I'd be OK with Lowry. No to quitter-carter but they'll do him anyway. No to Bosh for sure. Sorry, no to JV but huge and long standing O comng up

You know when they'll retire carter? If Kawhi leaves and they sell off Lowry and Gasol etc and they need some fake nostagia to take fans minds off the brutal long rebuild that would be coming with no superstars looking to come to TO.

Like DD first when they just need a feel good distraction because the current team sucks....
    fair enough. I mean JV is the other that has been beside lowry and derozen for all the recent success. But since you said no to bosh i respect that. IMO if you think bosh should be up their then JV has the same case as him

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Not only that - everyone there will always be comparing him to Gasol. He's in basically the worst situation possible. I hope Memphis flips him somewhere else.
    If he stays there - best case scenario would be that the staff might have a lot of insight into what makes Gasol tick and could transfer some of that approach to Jonas.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    No and I'm a huge JV fan. Retiring jerseys are for elite long term players who contributed to successful playoff runs at a minimum. They can't all win championships for obvious reasons.

No one before DeRozan. I'd be OK with Lowry. No to quitter-carter but they'll do him anyway. No to Bosh for sure. Sorry, no to JV but huge and long standing O comng up

You know when they'll retire carter? If Kawhi leaves and they sell off Lowry and Gasol etc and they need some fake nostagia to take fans minds off the brutal long rebuild that would be coming with no superstars looking to come to TO.

Like DD first when they just need a feel good distraction because the current team sucks....
    I mean, strange things have happened like the Heat retiring Michael Jordan's #23. So you never know.

Dallas retiring Derek Harper's number. Good player but never won anything in Dallas and never made an all star team either.

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Lol poor jv man. Its gotta suck to go to a tanking team as you spent the last few weeks motivating yourself to get back and help the contender you've grown with for 5 playoff drives. It's like getting knocked all the way back down the ladder and starting from scratch. Even Raptors without Kawhi are in a better position to recover faster than memphis is now
    Not only that - everyone there will always be comparing him to Gasol. He's in basically the worst situation possible. I hope Memphis flips him somewhere else.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X