Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    You can't just bring in players and hope for more passing.

Passing/ball movement are a systemic thing. It starts with coaching. Yes some players might be more inherently selfish or "me-first" than others, but it really does come down to coaching. If a coach walks in and tells the team that they want to feed the ball inside more, puts together a playbook that encourages that, and harps on it as a key part of the offensive gameplan.... guess what... guys are going to do it. Unless they have zero respect for the coach. In which case, good riddance.

But when you say shit like "come hell or high water" or "those are tough shots that they can make" why wouldn't guys like Lowry, Lou, GV and DD keep throwing up shots? You're encouraging iso-ball, the gameplan doesn't involve movement or passing and you're verbally confirming it by telling guys that those are good shots for them.

If we have the same offensive gameplan as last year, mark my words we will be WORSE offensively this season. CoJo and Tross aren't Lou Williams and they will struggle mightily if the gameplan is iso all day. Just because DeMarre Carroll and CoJo came from arguably two of the top three ball movement teams, doesn't mean they're going to dramatically alter the way we move the ball. The gameplan needs to change.

It's not an accident that Kyle, DeMar, Ross and Greivis all saw significant dips in their shooting efficiency last year.
    Yes the coach needs to emphasize teamwork but i think u undersmestimate replacing chuckers with players who make the right plays. It wont be anything spectacular but it also wont be a free-for-all.

I am also asking if any of the assistant coaches we brought in are known a passing offense or do we have the same guys.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
      Yes the coach needs to emphasize teamwork but i think u undersmestimate replacing chuckers with players who make the right plays. It wont be anything spectacular but it also wont be a free-for-all.

I am also asking if any of the assistant coaches we brought in are known a passing offense or do we have the same guys.
      Carlisle and Rondo. Except in Toronto the situation is reversed with system guys benched in favor of chuckers

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
        Don't underestimate Cojo. I think he has some SERIOUS potential. His passing and lack of turnovers along with his control of pace at his age is almost unheard of.
        He's been turning over the ball a lot in Europe though. Also I don't think his passing skills are THAT great. He's decent
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
          You can't just bring in players and hope for more passing.

Passing/ball movement are a systemic thing. It starts with coaching. Yes some players might be more inherently selfish or "me-first" than others, but it really does come down to coaching. If a coach walks in and tells the team that they want to feed the ball inside more, puts together a playbook that encourages that, and harps on it as a key part of the offensive gameplan.... guess what... guys are going to do it. Unless they have zero respect for the coach. In which case, good riddance.

But when you say shit like "come hell or high water" or "those are tough shots that they can make" why wouldn't guys like Lowry, Lou, GV and DD keep throwing up shots? You're encouraging iso-ball, the gameplan doesn't involve movement or passing and you're verbally confirming it by telling guys that those are good shots for them.

If we have the same offensive gameplan as last year, mark my words we will be WORSE offensively this season. CoJo and Tross aren't Lou Williams and they will struggle mightily if the gameplan is iso all day. Just because DeMarre Carroll and CoJo came from arguably two of the top three ball movement teams, doesn't mean they're going to dramatically alter the way we move the ball. The gameplan needs to change.

It's not an accident that Kyle, DeMar, Ross and Greivis all saw significant dips in their shooting efficiency last year.
          Very true. This is why I'm not getting too excited. Our team on paper should be better but only if USED CORRECTLY. And we all know that is not Casey's forte
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• We do not all know that
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Everything Valanciunas

Jonas had 13 pts and 11 rebounds in a loss against Greece. Probably his best performance so far this summer, looked really solid, got a block or two, few dunks. Oh, and his famous pump fake is alive and well, Koufos is the latest victim.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                He's been turning over the ball a lot in Europe though. Also I don't think his passing skills are THAT great. He's decent
                Joseph has never played in Europe, if you are talking about his play in the exhibition tournament played in South America he average 3 turn overs per game to 3.33 assists. Not the est ratio, but FIBA does not count assists like the NBA. Also, Joseph did not play Pan Am games so this was his tune up to get ready for qualifications.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
                  Jonas had 13 pts and 11 rebounds in a loss against Greece. Probably his best performance so far this summer, looked really solid, got a block or two, few dunks. Oh, and his famous pump fake is alive and well, Koufos is the latest victim.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  Bx Score?
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Hope he can produce better than last year.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                      Joseph has never played in Europe, if you are talking about his play in the exhibition tournament played in South America he average 3 turn overs per game to 3.33 assists. Not the est ratio, but FIBA does not count assists like the NBA. Also, Joseph did not play Pan Am games so this was his tune up to get ready for qualifications.
                      Yea I meant FIBA sorry. I guess you're right, but I'm still cautiously optimistic with him

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        Did you call me?

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                          Did you call me?
                          Glad you're back.

Comment

• LTH playing 20 minutes I think.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              LTH playing 20 minutes I think.
                              Yep... meanwhile Spain lost vs. Serbia 70-80

Comment

• I think JV gonna have a double double... unless it's a blowout after 15 minutes of play and coach decides to rest him...

Comment

Working...
                                X