Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    In fact, I remember myself using the expression "it's not rocket science" tons of times last year when trying to justify such adjustments many of us wanted the coach to make. We'd bring up an adjustment, Casey-backers would be like "what you think you know more than the NBA coach with a ring?", and I or someone else would be like "it's not rocket science, these are obvious problems that clearly need adjustments".

    **You know, like this kind of statement


    Well apparently Chr1s1ianL, Casey is seeing obvious ways to try and address obvious problems that some of us were complaining about from the first weeks of last season. After all, it's not rocket science.
    #ProvedEm

    Comment


    • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Its funny that some people really think their more knowledgeable about basketball than Casey. There is no place like RR.
      Well Casey has finally come around to making the adjustments we've been calling for.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

      If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

      Comment


      • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Its funny that some people really think their more knowledgeable about basketball than Casey. There is no place like RR.
        I think we have enough evidence to show that some of us actually are more knowledgable about basketball. And if we are not as knowledgable then we are certainly less rigid and structured while being flexible and open to changing strategy and tactics.

        It took him an extra 10 months to finally say the things many of us were saying 10 freaking months ago....but even then he still manages to place the blame on JV - lol. If only JV were black then maybe Casey would view him as a son he always wanted - lol.

        Remember? At that time you were posting things like "24-10" and "1st in the east".
        Last edited by mcHAPPY; Wed Sep 30, 2015, 07:40 PM.

        Comment


        • mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          I think we have enough evidence to show that some of us actually are more knowledgable about basketball.

          It took him an extra 10 months to finally say the things many of us were saying 10 freaking months ago....but even then he still manages to place the blame on JV - lol. If only JV were black then maybe Casey would view him as a son he always wanted - lol.

          Remember? At that time you were posting things like "24-10" and "1st in the east".
          No need to turn this into a race thing. You do Casey's kid are half white right?
          @Chr1st1anL

          Comment


          • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            No need to turn this into a race thing. You do Casey's kid are half white right?
            Not a race thing at all.

            It is a favouritism and lack of accountability thing.

            Comment


            • mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              I think we have enough evidence to show that some of us actually are more knowledgable about basketball. And if we are not as knowledgable then we are certainly less rigid and structured while being flexible and open to changing strategy and tactics.

              It took him an extra 10 months to finally say the things many of us were saying 10 freaking months ago....but even then he still manages to place the blame on JV - lol. If only JV were black then maybe Casey would view him as a son he always wanted - lol.

              Remember? At that time you were posting things like "24-10" and "1st in the east".
              Sure there are guys who are better at stats than Casey. Guys that have higher I.Q.'s than most, if not all, NBA coaches. Even read more manuals and such. Seniors who maybe have watched more games.

              But come on.

              Have you played college B-ball? And coached a national team. In the pros? Don't you think there's invaluable knowledge to be gained in those sorts of situations?

              Comment


              • Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                Sure there are guys who are better at stats than Casey. Guys that have higher I.Q.'s than most, if not all, NBA coaches. Even read more manuals and such. Seniors who maybe have watched more games.

                But come on.

                Have you played college B-ball? And coached a national team. In the pros? Don't you think there's knowledge to be gained in those sorts of situations?
                Opportunity to gain knowledge doesn't necessarily mean knowledge was gained.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                Comment


                • The only reason Casey is making adjustments now is cause he believe that JV has matured enough to close out games. There was no reason to build a defense for a guy that was playing 25 mins a game. Now that JV is at the point in his career where he has the coaches confidence to close out games. He'll be playing probably around 30 minutes a game. Which is a large amount of the game. None of our other bigs struggled with the defensive system except for JV last year. That's why are defense was better when he was seating. Now that his going to be playing the majority of the time Casey has to built a defense to make up for his defensive liabilities.
                  @Chr1st1anL

                  Comment


                  • mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    Not a race thing at all.

                    It is a favouritism and lack of accountability thing.
                    You should of said that instead than
                    @Chr1st1anL

                    Comment


                    • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      You should of said that instead than
                      Nah.

                      But thanks for heads up!

                      Comment


                      • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        The only reason Casey is making adjustments now is cause he believe that JV has matured enough to close out games. There was no reason to build a defense for a guy that was playing 25 mins a game. Now that JV is at the point in his career where he has the coaches confidence to close out games. He'll be playing probably around 30 minutes a game. Which is a large amount of the game. None of our other bigs struggled with the defensive system except for JV last year. That's why are defense was better when he was seating. Now that his going to be playing the majority of the time Casey has to built a defense to make up for his defensive liabilities.
                        #BrainWashed

                        Comment


                        • Here are some players of a professional sports team talking about their current head coach:

                          The first time he does something odd, you’re like, ‘All right, I see, I get it, I’m with you. The next time you’re like, ‘Ooookay. All right. I’m trying to get it. Yeah.’ And then when it keeps happening, guys are watching him like, ‘Well, here comes this guy again.’
                          He’s like the guy in his house who hears a sound, like someone breaking in. And his reaction isn’t to take care of the problem or investigate. It’s to put his head under the pillow and hope it goes away.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

                          Comment


                          • mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            Nah.

                            But thanks for heads up!
                            Its not the first time that comment has been made. If one thing that shouldn't come to question is Casey's character.
                            @Chr1st1anL

                            Comment


                            • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Its not the first time that comment has been made. If one thing that shouldn't come to question is Casey's character.
                              I disagree.

                              There are enough incidents, comments, and shifting of accountability accumulating to tell me that he has either changed as a professional head coach or he did a good job hiding his true colours.

                              He doesn't hold players to same standards and he doesn't consider himself to ever be part of the problem.

                              Those are not characteristics of good character in my opinion.

                              Comment


                              • http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...h-wizards.html

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X