Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post
    That comes with ball movement. They need to first start to move the ball more, so it opens up opportunities for everyone, instead of giving the ball to Jonas in the post and leaving him on an island by himself to score or turn it over.
    That's the key. Those clamoring for JV to get more touches haven't been doing so just to turn JV into a high usage #1 scoring option. It's all about instilling a more team-oriented, pass-first culture on the Raptors, with an inside-out offensive system being the catalyst for better ball movement and higher efficiency shot selection.

Not only will JV put his league-leading scoring efficiency to work more often, but it will take the pressure off the primary scorers (DD & KL), while opening up more passing lanes for outside shots (DC & PP), which will all end up opening more driving lanes for the aforementioned scorers to score more efficiently (or get fouled by slow help defense instead of driving into double-teams).

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      That's the key. Those clamoring for JV to get more touches haven't been doing so just to turn JV into a high usage #1 scoring option. It's all about instilling a more team-oriented, pass-first culture on the Raptors, with an inside-out offensive system being the catalyst for better ball movement and higher efficiency shot selection.

Not only will JV put his league-leading scoring efficiency to work more often, but it will take the pressure off the primary scorers (DD & KL), while opening up more passing lanes for outside shots (DC & PP), which will all end up opening more driving lanes for the aforementioned scorers to score more efficiently (or get fouled by slow help defense instead of driving into double-teams).
      can't comprehend

too complex

run ISO
      OG is our king

Comment

• HOW TO POST UP.

JV should watch this clip. This is how you post up. Barkley obviously knows what he's talking about. He absolutely nailed it. You post up JUST ]OUTSIDE THE BOX NOT CLOSE TO THE 3PT LINE.

The Raps kept trying to post up JV in the 1st half last night, but he kept posting up near the 3pt line lol. What's the point? If i'm the Raps i wouldn't give him the ball unless he's deep in the paint.

JV is in his 4th season and he still doesn't know how to post up. It's absolutely mind boggling.

Last edited by The Great One; Sat Oct 31, 2015, 12:22 PM.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          HOW TO POST UP.

JV should watch this clip. This is how you post up. Barkley obviously knows what he's talking about. He absolutely nailed it. You post up JUST ]OUTSIDE THE BOX NOT CLOSE TO THE 3PT LINE.

The Raps kept trying to post up JV in the 1st half last night, but he kept posting up near the 3pt line lol. What's the point? If i'm the Raps i wouldn't give him the ball unless he's deep in the paint.

JV is in his 4th season and he still doesn't know how to post up. It's absolutely mind boggling.

Re: the bold. I'm pretty sure the raptors basically do the exact opposite.
          you say he posts up at the 3pt line, I say they ignore him in deep post position until his man finally pushes him out.

I mean, do you really think any big man in the league intentionally posts up way outside? Have you ever played in the post? Do you not realize that it's a battle for position well before the ball arrives, on every single play?

Comment

HOW TO POST UP.

Just out of curiosity: Why are we telling him that?
            Isn't that coach Casey's job.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
              Re: the bold. I'm pretty sure the raptors basically do the exact opposite.
              you say he posts up at the 3pt line, I say they ignore him in deep post position until his man finally pushes him out.

I mean, do you really think any big man in the league intentionally posts up way outside? Have you ever played in the post? Do you not realize that it's a battle for position well before the ball arrives, on every single play?
              Umm. Yeah. Stretch 4's. Dirk Nowitzki.

JV's a big boy. He's BIGGER and STRONGER than most C's in this league. Time to man up.

But i think JV's problem is, he doesn't know how to post up. He's very awkward.
              Last edited by The Great One; Sat Oct 31, 2015, 03:08 PM.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

HOW TO POST UP.

So you're saying JV is the next Barkley. I think that's a bit of a stretch, but I'm probably more realistic about JV's ceiling than you are.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Huh? what are you even talking about?

I'm talking about where to post up. Watch the vid, that's what they're explaining here.

JV most of the time posts up near the 3pt line.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Huh? what are you even talking about?

I'm talking about where to post up. Watch the vid, that's what they're explaining here.

JV most of the time posts up near the 3pt line.
                    to quote yourself: Watch the games.

Comment

to quote yourself: Watch the games.
                      Did you watch last night's game?

PAY ATTENTION.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

PAY ATTENTION.
                        JV did struggle posting up last night.

When it happens consistently like in his first and second year, it will certainly be an issue to vent about.

Last night he had his two worst possible matchups for attempting post ups:
                        1) long, wiry, agile player (Zeller)
                        2) strong, brickshit house (Sullinger)

Comment

PAY ATTENTION.
                          sure, 1 game and definitely not his best showing. The celtics are scrappy and can roll strength (sullinger) or quickness (zeller) against you when you post up. Good job by them.

I'm talking in general. Over the last season, there were innumerable times where demar/lowry/lou would be pounding the rock while valanciunas had good position, and wouldn't pass to him until he finally got pushed out.

but you'd have to actually be paying attention to post players to see that, which you clearly don't.

Comment

sure, 1 game and definitely not his best showing. The celtics are scrappy and can roll strength (sullinger) or quickness (zeller) against you when you post up. Good job by them.

I'm talking in general. Over the last season, there were innumerable times where demar/lowry/lou would be pounding the rock while valanciunas had good position, and wouldn't pass to him until he finally got pushed out.

but you'd have to actually be paying attention to post players to see that, which you clearly don't.
                            Were not talking about last year
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• These forums are un-be-lievable
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                Were not talking about last year
                                "we're" not talking at all. Unless you and T-rex are the same person. which would explain a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X