• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jv plays a grown mans game.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      JV plays a grown mans game.
      At 23 too. he's learned from Chuck Hayes on the defensive side, now he's learning from Scola. I'm excited for the next few years of JV.

Comment

• If he's ready, it's big, I think. No one could be certain 'til he showed it. He could take a confidence (and contribution) "step" ... and then still make incremental improvements for years.

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
          I don't want to take anything away from the team win last night, or Demar's clutch stretch.

But JV, man I'm thinking that deal he signed is going to be a bargain.

Last night was what, the 2nd or 3rd time this year that he's sealed a game down the stretch by hitting a pair of free throws? He's been drawing fouls off of rebounds to get to the line and put games away. And then follows it up with great defense. I thought it was luck the first time it happened, but now it just looks like great effort and smart basketball.

It's so nice to finally see him closing out games, with a defensive scheme to help him, and him rising to the occasion. Not to mention him being included in the offense throughout the whole game. I'm going to put away my #FreeJV drum now
          He is being included a little bit more consistently, but he's still not getting a lot of shots or even that many more minutes. He's still just playing 29.4 mpg and taking just 9.6 shots per game.

Comment

• he's ok
            OG is our king

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              He is being included a little bit more consistently, but he's still not getting a lot of shots or even that many more minutes. He's still just playing 29.4 mpg and taking just 9.6 shots per game.
              I'm not asking for a lot...just make sure he's feed at least as much as Biyombo (if not more).
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

One of the biggest issues I had with the minutes was who's backing him up, with Biyombo now I don't mind quite as much. We actually have a capable C on the floor for 48 minutes now.

The shots per game could still see a bit of a bump, but seeing him get the ball at different times besides just the first 5 minutes shows that he's going to be getting opportunities. He's not forcing every touch now either. He could probably be at 12-13 a game if he wasn't passing it back out and just forcing his shot

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                  I'm not asking for a lot...just make sure he's feed at least as much as Biyombo (if not more).
                  Biyombo is open under the rim way more often than JV gets to be. I think Biyombo gets as many attempts as he does cause he's just sitting there when someone drives and he's an easy target to dump it off to.

People don't tend to leave JV wide open there

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
                    One of the biggest issues I had with the minutes was who's backing him up, with Biyombo now I don't mind quite as much. We actually have a capable C on the floor for 48 minutes now.

The shots per game could still see a bit of a bump, but seeing him get the ball at different times besides just the first 5 minutes shows that he's going to be getting opportunities. He's not forcing every touch now either. He could probably be at 12-13 a game if he wasn't passing it back out and just forcing his shot
                    It's nice to see him kicking it back out, as well as looking for a better option to pass to before he goes to make his move. Makes the offense nicer
                    OG is our king

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                      The fact that Biyombo's USG% is higher than any rotation player's is a big problem. Right now he's ahead of Scola, Cojo and Pat. That's fucked up. He's so bad with the ball in his hands he makes Tyler Hansbrough look like Kevin McHale, and Hansbrough's USG% was at 15.1% his first year here then 10.5% last year. Biyombo's currently at 16.9%.

Comment

The fact that Biyombo's USG% is higher than any rotation player's is a big problem. Right now he's ahead of Scola, Cojo and Pat. That's fucked up. He's so bad with the ball in his hands he makes Tyler Hansbrough look like Kevin McHale, and Hansbrough's USG% was at 15.1% his first year here then 10.5% last year. Biyombo's currently at 16.9%.
                        Can this high USG% be partially explained by grabbing offensive rebounds and going back up?

In other words, not a reflection of how much the offense is intentionally running through Biyombo.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          Can this high USG% be partially explained by grabbing offensive rebounds and going back up?

In other words, not a reflection of how much the offense is intentionally running through Biyombo.
                          I think its a combination of him getting his ORebs, hand offs from Cojo drives, and garbage minutes where the raps have seem to be feeding him the ball

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                            It's nice to see him kicking it back out, as well as looking for a better option to pass to before he goes to make his move. Makes the offense nicer
                            JV had as many assists against OKC as the starting PG did... though I'm not sure if that's a compliment about JV's development this season, or an indication of just how poorly Lowry played last night...

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              JV had as many assists against OKC as the starting PG did... though I'm not sure if that's a compliment about JV's development this season, or an indication of just how poorly Lowry played last night...
                              It can be two things.
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                                It might also just be the new reality. With the ball moving more and going inside more, Lowry won't be creating opportunities the way he used to. As a non-pass first PG, his numbers would reasonably dip if the offence is more balanced.

JV (and especially Scola) will have more opportunities if the ball is going inside consistently and wings are cutting.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X