Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I like the combo at Center they both cover up each others weakness. JV strong on O but, weak on D. BB strong on D but, weak on O. Great job Masai!
    @Chr1st1anL

    Comment


    • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Lol I wasn't trying to make this a JV vs BB thing. I cant complement a player without you guys getting all worked up.
      Can't deny that it impacts the stats though. Biyombo has been good at the rim. JV has been good in the paint. Two solid defenders at the 5.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

      If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

      Comment


      • omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
        I'm guessing those are from when JV is rotating on an opposing wide open guard, or defending a PF-C who can stretch the floor.
        Well, JV is rotating over to a guard who can shoot, they're most likely quick enough to blow by him. So he sags off to protect the paint, thus the high percentage.

        Comment


        • That last shot was just terrible. Having 10 seconds on the clock and being one-on-one defended by that weak defender and still not being able to get a good shot !!! Oh,boy ...

          Comment


          • McRealistic wrote: View Post
            That last shot was just terrible. Having 10 seconds on the clock and being one-on-one defended by that weak defender and still not being able to get a good shot !!! Oh,boy ...
            What about DD ? He had a perfect look inside and just froze. The loss is on the entire team, not just one player on one play.
            MeDar ReDozan

            Comment


            • McRealistic wrote: View Post
              That last shot was just terrible. Having 10 seconds on the clock and being one-on-one defended by that weak defender and still not being able to get a good shot !!! Oh,boy ...
              If you look...JV tried to pass it back to Lowry, but he brushed JV off.
              "Stay steamy"

              - Kobe

              Comment


              • McRealistic wrote: View Post
                That last shot was just terrible. Having 10 seconds on the clock and being one-on-one defended by that weak defender and still not being able to get a good shot !!! Oh,boy ...
                JV had decent post position, but dribbled back out a bit to give it back to Lowry, but Lowry told him to take it, and because of that he had to do what he could with it. If he was confident enough to go for a shot when Lowry passed it to him, he would have gotten a better shot off.

                Comment


                • A.I wrote: View Post
                  JV had decent post position, but dribbled back out a bit to give it back to Lowry, but Lowry told him to take it, and because of that he had to do what he could with it. If he was confident enough to go for a shot when Lowry passed it to him, he would have gotten a better shot off.
                  I've rewatched the play many times and still completely disagree with this.

                  What shot should he have taken right when he got it? When he catches it he's not at all square (body parallel to the baseline) and pivoting on his left foot. Meaning if he turns to square he's turning out toward the baseline worsening his shooting angle. And he pretty much doesn't have any way to go straight up from that angle.

                  I also don't see any attempt to get it back to Lowry on his dribble. He briefly looks to Lowry before the dribble, who signals to him (and I'm pretty sure the rest of the team as well so they don't clutter the paint) to take it. Then he starts dribbling so he can try and make a move.

                  Now, if his game was better from that side, maybe he gets a better shot off than the running hook. But I don't see that shot being right on the catch given his positioning and strengths. And I think this confidence/psychology thing I've seen you and a couple of posters here mention is just ridiculous. He looked to Lowry for a sec because he was deep on his weak side and at first it even looked like he might get doubled. Don't know why it's bad in that situation to be patient and consider what the defence is giving you.

                  Think way too much is being made about him missing a tough shot from his weaker side. I swear to god if he hit the shot everyone would be saying how good it was he was patient and made a move he was comfortable with.

                  It was a well drawn play that broke down, and they got a less than ideal look because of it.

                  Comment


                  • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    I've rewatched the play many times and still completely disagree with this.

                    What shot should he have taken right when he got it? When he catches it he's not at all square (body parallel to the baseline) and pivoting on his left foot. Meaning if he turns to square he's turning out toward the baseline worsening his shooting angle. And he pretty much doesn't have any way to go straight up from that angle.

                    I also don't see any attempt to get it back to Lowry on his dribble. He briefly looks to Lowry before the dribble, who signals to him (and I'm pretty sure the rest of the team as well so they don't clutter the paint) to take it. Then he starts dribbling so he can try and make a move.

                    Now, if his game was better from that side, maybe he gets a better shot off than the running hook. But I don't see that shot being right on the catch given his positioning and strengths. And I think this confidence/psychology thing I've seen you and a couple of posters here mention is just ridiculous. He looked to Lowry for a sec because he was deep on his weak side and at first it even looked like he might get doubled. Don't know why it's bad in that situation to be patient and consider what the defence is giving you.

                    Think way too much is being made about him missing a tough shot from his weaker side. I swear to god if he hit the shot everyone would be saying how good it was he was patient and made a move he was comfortable with.

                    It was a well drawn play that broke down, and they got a less than ideal look because of it.
                    Why else would he dribble back a bit and look to Lowry if he wasn't going to pass it back? I think it was because he was on his weak side.

                    And by decent post position I mean that he had a better position to begin with than what he ended up with when he took the shot.

                    It was a well drawn up play and the Magic defended it well. Either way I don't blame JV or anyone for it. All they need to do is watch the tape and improve on what they did wrong.
                    Last edited by A.I; Sun Nov 8th, 2015, 02:25 PM.

                    Comment


                    • A.I wrote: View Post
                      Why else would he dribble back a bit and look to Lowry if he wasn't going to pass it back? I think it was because he was on his weak side.

                      And by decent post position I mean that he had a better position to begin with than what he ended up with when he took the shot.

                      It was a well drawn up play and the Magic defended it well. Either way I don't blame JV or anyone for it. All they need to do is watch the tape and improve on what they did wrong.
                      I think he dribbled back out because he lacks moves from that side. He had no angle he was comfortable with because he was actually too deep on the catch and not in a finishing position. Pretty much the only move we've seen him make from that side is the running lefty hook, which he couldn't make from the angle he had. I don't see any intent to get it to Lowry after he starts dribbling. Again, think he thought about it after the catch briefly, but the D didn't double and Lowry was signalling him to take it. So he took the best shot he thought he could get, which involved having to put the ball on the floor to get into his go-to move.

                      Hopefully over the next couple of years, now that he's become effective from his stronger side, he can maybe add a move or two that are more effective in deep from his weaker side.

                      Comment


                      • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        I think he dribbled back out because he lacks moves from that side. He had no angle he was comfortable with because he was actually too deep on the catch and not in a finishing position. Pretty much the only move we've seen him make from that side is the running lefty hook, which he couldn't make from the angle he had. I don't see any intent to get it to Lowry after he starts dribbling. Again, think he thought about it after the catch briefly, but the D didn't double and Lowry was signalling him to take it. So he took the best shot he thought he could get, which involved having to put the ball on the floor to get into his go-to move.

                        Hopefully over the next couple of years, now that he's become effective from his stronger side, he can maybe add a move or two that are more effective in deep from his weaker side.
                        It looked like he dribbled out because he expected someone else to take that shot. He had 20 secs and was Isolated on Jason Smith in fairly good position even after he gave up the deep post. Chalk it up to a changing of the guard hopefully. In the future everybody should be griping about JV ball-hogging and not passing in that situation

                        Comment


                        • Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
                          What about DD ? He had a perfect look inside and just froze. The loss is on the entire team, not just one player on one play.
                          What about DD ? He messed up and lost the ball !!! How is that related to JV ...

                          JV had about 10 second on the clock, against a weak defender, in a fairly good position, one-on-one and he managed to screw it up. He was given all the time and space in the world to make it happen.

                          Last year fans complained about him not getting the ball at the end of the game. Well, here was his chance ... He tried to get ride of it like a hot potato but was waved at , rightfully so, because of who was guarding him and his position, to make it happen and he failed.

                          That is the FACT around that last play.

                          Comment


                          • raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            It looked like he dribbled out because he expected someone else to take that shot. He had 20 secs and was Isolated on Jason Smith in fairly good position even after he gave up the deep post. Chalk it up to a changing of the guard hopefully. In the future everybody should be griping about JV ball-hogging and not passing in that situation
                            Again, I don't see it that way. He dribbled out because he basically has one move from that side (since he couldn't go straight up with it from that angle). If he goes into his running hook from his original angle, he's running outward toward the perimeter likely fading as he throws the hook up. Thought he was just trying to get a better angle so that wouldn't be the case.

                            Here's the play again.

                            Comment


                            • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              Again, I don't see it that way. He dribbled out because he basically has one move from that side (since he couldn't go straight up with it from that angle). If he goes into his running hook from his original angle, he's running outward toward the perimeter likely fading as he throws the hook up. Thought he was just trying to get a better angle so that wouldn't be the case.

                              Here's the play again.
                              That's Jason Smith pushing JV away from the basket. That isn't his normal spot but that's really weak. With 10 second he should be able to back him down for a better angle.

                              Comment


                              • raptors999 wrote: View Post
                                That's Jason Smith pushing JV away from the basket. That isn't his normal spot but that's really weak. With 10 second he should be able to back him down for a better angle.
                                Don't see any pushing until JV starts his move in. And that push could easily be called a foul.

                                Again I think a lot of what isn't good here pretty clearly has to do with JV's ability from that side.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X