Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I, agree with your position. That neither is helping the starting line up but, what BB brings fits more with how the team wants to play.
    Check out the BB effect thread.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
      i just want jonas to be happyy
      I just want to win
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I, agree with your position. That neither is helping the starting line up but, what BB brings fits more with how the team wants to play.
        I think that's the big problem.

The issue I have is that JV could help the team out if he was used differently, whereas BB is pretty much doing the most he can do already. Instead of having JV roll on every pick start putting him in a pick and pop scenario. Make the big guy defend the rim or defend JV.

That would give more driving lanes to Lowry/DD as well as get JV some easy touches to see if he can operate out of the high post. We know he's efficient in the mid range when he can catch and shoot those open touches. Maybe he could surprise us with some ability to find PP/DC/TR on the perimeter if they try to rotate on him.

Comment

I just want to win
          OG is our king

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
            Check out the BB effect thread.
            I have but, JV hasn't been better with the starters either this year. We were 8-6 before JV got hurt and playing the best basketball of his career. Raptors have tried but, if they really plan on going all in on the KL/DD tandem. JV just doesn't fit.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I have but, JV hasn't been better with the starters either this year. We were 8-6 before JV got hurt and playing the best basketball of his career. Raptors have tried but, if they really plan on going all in on the KL/DD tandem. JV just doesn't fit.
              Wait a second, do we have an actual proof that we play better with Biz on the floor? Or y'all just see what ya like to see?

Comment

#RespectTheRecord returns. Fucking hell.

Well, going all in on the KL/DD tandem is a horrible idea anyways.

Also I don't think JV doesn't fit with them. I think he doesn't fit with Casey.

And if you are going to trade JV to try and win with Lowry, Demar, and Casey's coaching, well, I won't be watching for several years I guess. It's fucking horrendous.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                  Wait a second, do we have an actual proof that we play better with Biz?
                  no.

We have actual proof that we play much much much worse with Biz, though.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                    Wait a second, do we have an actual proof that we play better with Biz on the floor? Or y'all just see what ya like to see?
                    Raptors started 8-6 while JV was playing the best basketball of his career. Than he got hurt and miss 17 games. Raptors went 11-6 in that span. In the 21 wins we have BB averages 25.3 mins/g.

Its not about Biz playing over JV. Its about KL/DD being better without JV. Just prefer BB cause of his rim protection. Like or not KL/DD player better when they try to get into the passing lanes. For that you have to have faith your C going to clean up the mess. BB does that. JV allowing around 60% at the rim.
                    Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue Jan 5, 2016, 03:06 PM.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Raptors started 8-6 while JV was playing the best basketball of his career. Than he got hurt and miss 17 games. Raptors went 11-6 in that span. In the 21 wins we have BB averages 25.3 mins/g.

Its not about Biz playing over JV. Its about KL/DD being better without JV.
                      We're 13-6 when Ross plays 20+ minutes, so you must really love Ross, right?
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Its not about Biz playing over JV. Its about KL/DD being better without JV. Just prefer BB cause of his rim protection. Like or not KL/DD player better when they try to get into the passing lanes. For that you have to have faith your C going to clean up the mess. BB does that. JV allowing around 60% at the rim.
                        Umm...literally every metric of measurement available as well as the eye test shows that this is correct....if you swap JV for BB.

I think Patterson is literally the only player who plays better with BB than without...and that's a mystery to everyone.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                          Umm...literally every metric of measurement available as well as the eye test shows that this is correct....if you swap JV for BB.

I think Patterson is literally the only player who plays better with BB than without...and that's a mystery to everyone.
                          wrong.

8-6 with JV pre-injury
                          11-6 without him.

#RespectTheRecord

Comment

Better by what metric?
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

This, the only team that has consistently ran that style is Memphis and their pretty much done.
                              Spurs are running a big front right now to counter small teams

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                                Spurs are running a big front right now to counter small teams
                                http://www.basketball-reference.com/...3=&p4=&p5=&p6=

Jonas actually compares pretty favorably to Aldridge as well. Jonas' shooting numbers so far this season are insane from midrange. 70% from 10-16 ft, 58% from 16-23ft.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X