Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • special1 wrote: View Post
    You watched the game. So how much?

    Listen... 6 turnovers is unacceptable. Stop the excuses.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1, at most.

    I'm not making any excuses lol. I'm saying that his TOs weren't off his touches.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

    Comment


    • 6 turnovers? Yikes!
      "Stay steamy"

      - Kobe

      Comment


      • His stat line looked ugly this game but he really didn't play that bad. He looked a lot more mobile on D and was doing a good job protecting the rim.

        Even though he only had 3 rebs he was focused more on boxing out Gortat and keeping him out of the paint while the smaller players cleaned up the uncontested boards. With Jared Dudley playing the 4, Gortat would probably be the only offensive rebounding threat for the Wizards when the starters go head to head, so keeping him under control ensures positive rebounding numbers for the starters.

        He missed a bunny on offense and some of those post fadeaways, and a lot of his turnovers were off of illegal screens, having his foot out of bounds on the catch, and there was probably a 3 second violation in there too. I really don't think he had a negative effect on the team or anything
        OG is our king

        Comment


        • Full summary of his turnovers tonight:

          4:45, 2nd quarter: Offensive foul.(screen)
          1:04, 2nd quarter: Offensive foul.(screen)
          11:41, 3rd quarter: 3 seconds.
          8:04, 3rd quarter: Offensive foul.(screen)
          3:30, 3rd quarter: Out of bounds.
          1:27, 4th quarter: Offensive foul.(screen)

          Too many turnovers, but no 'bad pass' turnovers at least, I guess.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

          Comment


          • consmap wrote: View Post
            His stat line looked ugly this game but he really didn't play that bad. He looked a lot more mobile on D and was doing a good job protecting the rim.

            Even though he only had 3 rebs he was focused more on boxing out Gortat and keeping him out of the paint while the smaller players cleaned up the uncontested boards. With Jared Dudley playing the 4, Gortat would probably be the only offensive rebounding threat for the Wizards when the starters go head to head, so keeping him under control ensures positive rebounding numbers for the starters.

            He missed a bunny on offense and some of those post fadeaways, and a lot of his turnovers were off of illegal screens, having his foot out of bounds on the catch, and there was probably a 3 second violation in there too. I really don't think he had a negative effect on the team or anything
            Yeah, an odd line, but he battled Gortat hard, I thought. And though he wasn't finishing, that won't be a problem. Good game, JV!

            Comment


            • The thing he has to work on is dealing with the defense collapsing on him in the paint. Didn't do great at that tonight, went 0/3 on contested shots.

              Casey should have him out there with shooters, but I'm not counting on Casey to do that, so JV has to make better use of it knowing the collapsing defense is coming.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

              Comment


              • Barolt wrote: View Post
                Full summary of his turnovers tonight:

                4:45, 2nd quarter: Offensive foul.(screen)
                1:04, 2nd quarter: Offensive foul.(screen)
                11:41, 3rd quarter: 3 seconds.
                8:04, 3rd quarter: Offensive foul.(screen)
                3:30, 3rd quarter: Out of bounds.
                1:27, 4th quarter: Offensive foul.(screen)

                Too many turnovers, but no 'bad pass' turnovers at least, I guess.
                I'm not one to complain about the refs, and I'm also a JV supporter, but there were like three objectively bad offensive foul calls on him.

                Thing is, those calls are going to go against him until he learns efficiency of motion; meaning, he's gotta stop flailing his arms so much. That shit is just as likely to go against you as for you, and doubly so on the road.

                Comment


                • Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  I'm not one to complain about the refs, and I'm also a JV supporter, but there were like three objectively bad offensive foul calls on him.

                  Thing is, those calls are going to go against him until he learns efficiency of motion; meaning, he's gotta stop flailing his arms so much. That shit is just as likely to go against you as for you, and doubly so on the road.
                  I agree. Part of it is though that our guards jump the screen a lot, they don't give our bigs enough time to set the screen. At least two of those fouls the guy he was screening for started moving before he was set and ran their man into him.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

                  Comment


                  • Pretty bad box score from JV outside of 4 blocks but honestly don't think he played badly at all outside of failing to get his offence going. In fact his PnR defence was really good as far as I'm concerned, kept Gortat/Wall in check.

                    Didn't get many boards and yet I didn't feel that the team struggled to rebound with him there, or feel that he blew many rebounds. Sometimes you just box out and don't get the glory.

                    6 TOs is ugly but IMO 2 or 3 of those were really shitty illegal screen calls (He didn't have much help from the whistle. and also, if our guards could please, for the love of god, stop going early on screens, that'd be great.), one was a 3 second call and one was a foot out of bounds, no big issues with getting stripped or anything.

                    Comment


                    • KHD wrote: View Post
                      6 TOs is ugly but IMO 2 or 3 of those were really shitty illegal screen calls (He didn't have much help from the whistle. and also, if our guards could please, for the love of god, stop going early on screens, that'd be great.)
                      This.

                      At times JV and the other starters are just totally out of sync with each other. It's so discordant to watch. The natural pass you expect to happen never materializes. Sets take way too long to set up. There's just no damn rhythm. It's ugly basketball.

                      It stands out even more because you watch the way JJ drives and dishes... he makes the natural pass. And it leads to an easy bucket for JV or free throws. I find myself grudgingly agreeing with Leo of all people: you need to help your big man get warmed up and in the flow of the game.

                      Against a bad defensive team with no starting 2 or 4, like the Wizards, we can get away with it.

                      In the playoffs this shit isn't gonna fly. We are back down to 29th in the league in assists per game. It's like watching a train coming from a mile away.

                      If you had told me four years ago that halfway through his fourth season, JV would be under ten field goal attempts a game (9.3 pre-injury, 8.4 after tonight) I would have laughed in your face. Meanwhile rookie Kristaps Porzingis is playing with one of the most ball-dominant stars of this generation, and is averaging 11.8 already. The support and reinforcement the Knicks are giving their 4th overall pick makes you wonder how much farther along JV would be if we had done the same.

                      Comment


                      • Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        This.

                        At times JV and the other starters are just totally out of sync with each other. It's so discordant to watch. The natural pass you expect to happen never materializes. Sets take way too long to set up. There's just no damn rhythm. It's ugly basketball.

                        It stands out even more because you watch the way JJ drives and dishes... he makes the natural pass. And it leads to an easy bucket for JV or free throws. I find myself grudgingly agreeing with Leo of all people: you need to help your big man get warmed up and in the flow of the game.

                        Against a bad defensive team with no starting 2 or 4, like the Wizards, we can get away with it.

                        In the playoffs this shit isn't gonna fly. We are back down to 29th in the league in assists per game. It's like watching a train coming from a mile away.

                        If you had told me four years ago that halfway through his fourth season, JV would be under ten field goal attempts a game (9.3 pre-injury, 8.4 after tonight) I would have laughed in your face. Meanwhile rookie Kristaps Porzingis is playing with one of the most ball-dominant stars of this generation, and is averaging 11.8 already. The support and reinforcement the Knicks are giving their 4th overall pick makes you wonder how much farther along JV would be if we had done the same.
                        Well. Said.
                        The Double Champ is here!
                        Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                        Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                        Comment


                        • [QUOTE=Scraptor;571224]This.

                          At times JV and the other starters are just totally out of sync with each other. It's so discordant to watch. The natural pass you expect to happen never materializes. Sets take way too long to set up. There's just no damn rhythm. It's ugly basketball.

                          It stands out even more because you watch the way JJ drives and dishes... he makes the natural pass. And it leads to an easy bucket for JV or free throws. I find myself grudgingly agreeing with Leo of all people: you need to help your big man get warmed up and in the flow of the game.

                          Against a bad defensive team with no starting 2 or 4, like the Wizards, we can get away with it.

                          In the playoffs this shit isn't gonna fly. We are back down to 29th in the league in assists per game. It's like watching a train coming from a mile away.

                          If you had told me four years ago that halfway through his fourth season, JV would be under ten field goal attempts a game (9.3 pre

                          Yes the Raptors did hurt his development but come on, he was never meant to be something so huge anyways, I am Lithuanian and I laughed when I heard that he got picked 5th overall . What were the Raptors thinking.

                          Comment


                          • JV is suffering BIG time from playing a huge portion of his minutes with the starters, who have been brutal offensively with the complete lack of spacing. They did very well defensively (especially in the third Q, not so much in the 1st with a lot of run outs off of misses/turnovers), so succeeded this game overall, thankfully. But this lineup is going to bite us eventually.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

                            Comment


                            • Modeliukas wrote: View Post
                              Yes the Raptors did hurt his development but come on, he was never meant to be something so huge anyways, I am Lithuanian and I laughed when I heard that he got picked 5th overall . What were the Raptors thinking.
                              What? Why?

                              Many were happy to land a talented player that may have gone higher if he weren't staying overseas for a year.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                              If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                              Comment


                              • Loving what I'm seeing with JV's passing recently, had three excellent assists last night. High low lob-pass over the defense to DeRozan down low, quick bounce pass to a cutting Scola and the drop-off bounce pass for a DeRozan layup.

                                I think there's a lot of room for growth in his game as a playmaking bigman. People forget that a guy like Marc Gasol came into the league at 24 and didn't really become a great passing big until he was like 27. Jonas is still just 23. I think it's something that with more opportunity and experience is going to continue to grow.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X