X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    do you guys think JV deserves to have his jersey retired here once his career is over? I moved if you think bosh should be retired I think JV has just as much as a case as him. although he was never a all star he ranks high in lots of franchise records
    No and I'm a huge JV fan. Retiring jerseys are for elite long term players who contributed to successful playoff runs at a minimum. They can't all win championships for obvious reasons.

No one before DeRozan. I'd be OK with Lowry. No to quitter-carter but they'll do him anyway. No to Bosh for sure. Sorry, no to JV but huge and long standing O comng up

You know when they'll retire carter? If Kawhi leaves and they sell off Lowry and Gasol etc and they need some fake nostagia to take fans minds off the brutal long rebuild that would be coming with no superstars looking to come to TO.

Like DD first when they just need a feel good distraction because the current team sucks....

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    do you guys think JV deserves to have his jersey retired here once his career is over? I moved if you think bosh should be retired I think JV has just as much as a case as him. although he was never a all star he ranks high in lots of franchise records

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    Memphis could be a fun rebuild project in 2K. Trying to build a traditional NBA lineup with 2 bigs around JJJ and JV.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Lol poor jv man. Its gotta suck to go to a tanking team as you spent the last few weeks motivating yourself to get back and help the contender you've grown with for 5 playoff drives. It's like getting knocked all the way back down the ladder and starting from scratch. Even Raptors without Kawhi are in a better position to recover faster than memphis is now
    Sometimes it feels better to be a bigger part of a team and to lead/drive its success than to be a passenger on a winner. That's why Kyrie asked out of Cleveland.

I'm actually happy for JV--as long as they free him. Bickerstaff has given JJJ the quick hook all year so who knows what he plans on doing with JV, but given that JV is the centrepiece coming back for a Memphis hero, you gotta believe the Grizzlies will give him plenty of run.

Leave a comment:

• c-troop
    replied
    they'll kick the can further down the road if they see a player they like this year, and if memphis has confidence they'd much rather give up the 16th pick in 2021 than the 8th or 6th in 2019, 2020.

if they're smart they will tank this year and try and grab Jarrett Culver

Leave a comment:

• jacobdr4
    replied
    c-troop wrote: View Post
    how compelling
    I don't know why I care. But here's 2 articles plus a reddit thread...

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/01/...o-celtics.html

https://clutchpoints.com/grizzlies-n...ics-this-year/

https://www.reddit.com/r/memphisgriz..._of_conveying/

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    Why is this thread still here? Please move this thread to the Let's NBA forum.

The DeRozan thread was moved literally right after the trade was announced.
    You're a cold man, t-fury

Leave a comment:

• c-troop
    replied
    jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
    I mean you’re wrong so feel free to stay ignorant.
    how compelling

Leave a comment:

• jacobdr4
    replied
    cause its a fuckin joke and I don't agree with it

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Why is this thread still here? Please move this thread to the Let's NBA forum.

The DeRozan thread was moved literally right after the trade was announced.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    one of JV first comments in Memphis was we need to get at least the 8th seed. that's to high of achieving for the grizz. hence rabbit starting
    Lol poor jv man. Its gotta suck to go to a tanking team as you spent the last few weeks motivating yourself to get back and help the contender you've grown with for 5 playoff drives. It's like getting knocked all the way back down the ladder and starting from scratch. Even Raptors without Kawhi are in a better position to recover faster than memphis is now

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    one of JV first comments in Memphis was we need to get at least the 8th seed. that's to high of achieving for the grizz. hence rabbit starting

Leave a comment:

• c-troop
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    I replied to your post where you said he stole millions from us. Just saying that he was useful to us last year. He was not a complete waste.

Landry Fields on the other hand was a complete waste.
    Yes, Landry was.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    lol. Poor CJ has been completely forgotten. He didn't even get a single polite 'thanks, CJ' post.
    But we're all buying PJs in his memory right?

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Last season was ultimately a failure. We got rid of that same bench mob you're talking about. I guess you're emotionally attached to some memories and thats fine, but there is a reason nobody around here posted about him leaving.
    I replied to your post where you said he stole millions from us. Just saying that he was useful to us last year. He was not a complete waste.

Landry Fields on the other hand was a complete waste.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X