Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Anyone know why JV did not play yesterday?
    not 100% sure, but it looks like the opposition was a relatively weak team, and they decided to give a few guys some rest, next games is Wednesday

    Comment


    • #62
      RandomGuy wrote: View Post
      Saw few games. IMO, the coach does not use full potential of Jonas. Also I noticed that he needs a good point guard to be efficient at this period of his career.
      I've only seen highlights but I was wondering this myself. I think you are correct. The team is probably not truly interested in 'developing' him as he will be gone next year. I would imagine he is a marketing machine for them right now - nothing more.

      Comment


      • #63
        Rytasfan97 wrote: View Post
        not 100% sure, but it looks like the opposition was a relatively weak team, and they decided to give a few guys some rest, next games is Wednesday
        I was thinking this or an injury. I hope you are correct.

        Comment


        • #64
          No, it's not an injury. Call it a rest (i just don't think he really needs it atm) or test of deeper roster.

          As for a gameplay in general. Fact is they are a new team (only 4 players left from the last season and new coach). Part of players joined late after National tournaments. At the moment, i don't see JV getting much ball. Playstyle of team is not yet based to play through the center. And T.Rice (PG) is not really giving a pass to center often.
          But the coach itself seems to be good enough. He said (~two weeks ago), it may take a few months to see real JV. I'm sure he work it out to use him more. Mid November should be a target for them to get into a decent shape - important games in Eurocup and VTB starting.

          As for JV being marketing machine, sure it is, but he must play and play good, to make fans happy, otherwise it will not work. They will work on developing him, they need to win something this season as well. It would be stupid don't use his abilities.

          Comment


          • #65
            irgigi wrote: View Post
            No, it's not an injury. Call it a rest (i just don't think he really needs it atm) or test of deeper roster.

            As for a gameplay in general. Fact is they are a new team (only 4 players left from the last season and new coach). Part of players joined late after National tournaments. At the moment, i don't see JV getting much ball. Playstyle of team is not yet based to play through the center. And T.Rice (PG) is not really giving a pass to center often.
            But the coach itself seems to be good enough. He said (~two weeks ago), it may take a few months to see real JV. I'm sure he work it out to use him more. Mid November should be a target for them to get into a decent shape - important games in Eurocup and VTB starting.

            As for JV being marketing machine, sure it is, but he must play and play good, to make fans happy, otherwise it will not work. They will work on developing him, they need to win something this season as well. It would be stupid don't use his abilities.
            Thanks for the update.

            Comment


            • #66
              Valanciunas stats from today's win over Enisey, 13 pts 7 boards in 18 minutes, including 5/6 from FT line

              http://www.vtb-league.com/en/game/10...t:15-400$t&0=1

              highlights include 2 dunks and a contested layup

              http://bc.lrytas.lt/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2081:lietuvos-rytas-po-atkaklios-kovos-nugaljo-krasnojarsko-jenisej&catid=1askutins-naujienos&Itemid=11&lang=en
              Last edited by Rytasfan97; Sun Oct 30th, 2011, 02:05 PM.

              Comment


              • #67
                He was very productive in limited minutes, got to love 7 rebounds in 18 minutes!
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

                Comment


                • #68
                  huge game for Valanciunas today, 18 points, 8 boards and an efficiency rating of 28, the highest on the team all season

                  http://www.lkl.lt/rungtynes/20111106...ytas-neptunas/

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Rytasfan97 wrote: View Post
                    huge game for Valanciunas today, 18 points, 8 boards and an efficiency rating of 28, the highest on the team all season

                    http://www.lkl.lt/rungtynes/20111106...ytas-neptunas/
                    That is an impressive stat line.

                    6/8FG
                    6/6 FT

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Rytasfan97 wrote: View Post
                      huge game for Valanciunas today, 18 points, 8 boards and an efficiency rating of 28, the highest on the team all season

                      http://www.lkl.lt/rungtynes/20111106...ytas-neptunas/
                      HE added 2 blocks to with the solid scoring and rebounding numbers......all in 22 minutes!
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        WJF wrote: View Post
                        HE added 2 blocks to with the solid scoring and rebounding numbers......all in 22 minutes!
                        22 minutes! holy crap that is crazy. This guy is beasting it, future top 5 center in the nba!

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          LRytas 78 Nymburk 72

                          JV: 18:56min 2/2FG 1/2FT 5 points, 6 rebs, 2 ast, 1 blk, 3 fouls, 3 to.

                          Boxscore


                          Any insights igiri or Rytas97?

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            started watching in the second quarter so i missed most of his rebounds, did catch a nice alley-oop that JV converted into a shot, but I think he picked up some quick fouls to start the second half then didn't get back in the game til garbage time

                            highlights are up, both FG's by Valanciunas, a dunk and the alleyoop/shot, and an assist
                            http://bc.lrytas.lt/index.php?option...rticle&id=2091
                            Last edited by Rytasfan97; Sun Nov 6th, 2011, 03:43 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              just found this article:
                              http://torontosportsmedia.com/toront...overseas/11923

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                22 pts, 5 boards, 3 blocks today in 32 minutes as the starter, and an efficiency rating of 32

                                box = http://www.lkl.lt/en/game/20120114/s...ietuvos-rytas/

                                higlights = http://bc.lrytas.lt/index.php?option...rticle&id=2099

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X