Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I still say JV just needs to lose some weight. And seeing as there are very few BIG, HEAVY centers these days, he really doesn't need it.

    Check out this video from the U19s:


    Look at how quick he is able to maneuver, get up and down the floor, and get off the ground. Has nothing to do with the competition. You can just see, adding all that weight has REALLY slowed him down.

    Comment


    • Joey wrote: View Post
      I still say JV just needs to lose some weight. And seeing as there are very few BIG, HEAVY centers these days, he really doesn't need it.

      Check out this video from the U19s:


      Look at how quick he is able to maneuver, get up and down the floor, and get off the ground. Has nothing to do with the competition. You can just see, adding all that weight has REALLY slowed him down.
      He definitely needs to lose weight. He started bulking up while the NBA began moving away from traditional low post centers.

      Comment


      • A.I wrote: View Post
        He definitely needs to lose weight. He started bulking up while the NBA began moving away from traditional low post centers.
        Exactly. And I'm pretty sure it was Casey who encouraged it.

        Comment


        • Casey never told him to get soft and fat, they want him ripped. Its on him to put in the effort

          Comment


          • Superjudge wrote: View Post
            Casey never told him to get soft and fat, they want him ripped. Its on him to put in the effort
            I brought this up a little while back, but got killed for it.

            I don't think JV put in the work properly when he was asked to bulk up. Look at the way someone like Kanter bulked up vs. how JV did it, completely different. Kanter added muscle but remained lean and got more explosive. JV basically just added bulk but it actually just slowed him down and made him less athletic if anything.

            Idk whether that's on him or the training staff, but someone messed up.

            Comment


            • JWash wrote: View Post
              I brought this up a little while back, but got killed for it.

              I don't think JV put in the work properly when he was asked to bulk up. Look at the way someone like Kanter bulked up vs. how JV did it, completely different. Kanter added muscle but remained lean and got more explosive. JV basically just added bulk but it actually just slowed him down and made him less athletic if anything.

              Idk whether that's on him or the training staff, but someone messed up.
              JV doesn't exactly strike me as a gym rat. Not a basketball gym, a "golds gym"
              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

              Comment


              • JWash wrote: View Post
                I brought this up a little while back, but got killed for it.

                I don't think JV put in the work properly when he was asked to bulk up. Look at the way someone like Kanter bulked up vs. how JV did it, completely different. Kanter added muscle but remained lean and got more explosive. JV basically just added bulk but it actually just slowed him down and made him less athletic if anything.

                Idk whether that's on him or the training staff, but someone messed up.
                The thing with that is it's hard to tell if it's low effort or genetics. Genetics play a huge role in determining mass muscle build up. So unless you were with him in person seeing what he did in the gym, it's really hard to say.
                "Stay steamy"

                - Kobe

                Comment


                • I agree with all of you. JV looks to have gained weight badly and gained weight at the wrong time. The way he looks in that video would help us so much now. He's so much more agile and athletic. Oh well.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                  Comment


                  • ah yes, the "bulking up" discussion again.

                    Well, we don't really have a great history as a team as far as that's concerned.

                    Comment


                    • hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                      The thing with that is it's hard to tell if it's low effort or genetics. Genetics play a huge role in determining mass muscle build up. So unless you were with him in person seeing what he did in the gym, it's really hard to say.
                      I'm not even saying its necessarily bad effort might've just been a poor regimen

                      Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • val is going to murder it in the playoffs. grown men play a grown man's game and bigV is a man.

                        Comment


                        • JWash wrote: View Post
                          I brought this up a little while back, but got killed for it.

                          I don't think JV put in the work properly when he was asked to bulk up. Look at the way someone like Kanter bulked up vs. how JV did it, completely different. Kanter added muscle but remained lean and got more explosive. JV basically just added bulk but it actually just slowed him down and made him less athletic if anything.

                          Idk whether that's on him or the training staff, but someone messed up.
                          Well the same thing happened to Rudy and Rudy became a horrible finisher in the paint with us. Which is unheard of for someone like Rudy.He then lost the weight in Sac and played better

                          http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...-a-guard-again
                          Last edited by MACK11; Thu Mar 24, 2016, 09:20 PM.
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

                          Comment


                          • Just felt like checking Jonas' WS/48.

                            If he qualified for the MP/G leaderboard, he would be 10th overall; right after Lowry.

                            Comment


                            • JWash wrote: View Post
                              I'm not even saying its necessarily bad effort might've just been a poor regimen

                              Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                              This implies a lack of effort. Given what happened with Gay and Bosh, I'd say the Raptors trainers are just terrible with making a player "bulk up"

                              JWash wrote: View Post
                              I brought this up a little while back, but got killed for it.

                              I don't think JV put in the work properly when he was asked to bulk up. Look at the way someone like Kanter bulked up vs. how JV did it, completely different. Kanter added muscle but remained lean and got more explosive. JV basically just added bulk but it actually just slowed him down and made him less athletic if anything.

                              Idk whether that's on him or the training staff, but someone messed up.
                              "Stay steamy"

                              - Kobe

                              Comment


                              • Joey wrote: View Post
                                I still say JV just needs to lose some weight. And seeing as there are very few BIG, HEAVY centers these days, he really doesn't need it.

                                Check out this video from the U19s:


                                Look at how quick he is able to maneuver, get up and down the floor, and get off the ground. Has nothing to do with the competition. You can just see, adding all that weight has REALLY slowed him down.
                                Meh, he's a good player as-is. He's not 19 anymore and he's not going against pinners in the NBA.

                                That said, we do know he's not so good with his diet, and you can always get more fit.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X