Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • S.R. wrote: View Post
    Yikes. You looked it up once before - how many shots do Lowry and DD get off passes from JV?
    3.0 for Lowry(shooting 70.4% off passes from JV), 2.4 for DeMar(shooting 59.1% off passes from JV).

    There are basically no bad outcomes to involving JV in the offense.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

    Comment


    • Barolt wrote: View Post
      3.0 for Lowry(shooting 70.4% off passes from JV), 2.4 for DeMar(shooting 59.1% off passes from JV).

      There are basically no bad outcomes to involving JV in the offense.
      You know what... I read this wrong.

      Those numbers are in reverse.

      JV is getting 3.0 shots/game from Lowry, 2.4 from DeMar, and shooting well.

      DeMar is shooting 2/14 off passes from JV, Lowry is shooting 9/19 off passes from JV.

      JV is 19/27 off passes from Lowry, 13/22 off passes from DeMar.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

      Comment


      • Barolt wrote: View Post
        35 putbacks.

        He's taking 2.1 shots per game off passes from Lowry, 1.6 shots per game off passes from DeMar, and no one else sets him up for more than 1 shot per game.
        Barolt wrote: View Post
        3.0 for Lowry(shooting 70.4% off passes from JV), 2.4 for DeMar(shooting 59.1% off passes from JV).

        There are basically no bad outcomes to involving JV in the offense.
        Holy shit. So our centre is facilitating our guards' offence more effectively and more frequently that the other way around. That's so backwards. We spent half the season talking about how JV's biggest weakness is probably that he doesn't pass very well.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

        Comment


        • S.R. wrote: View Post
          Holy shit. So our centre is facilitating our guards' offence more effectively and more frequently that the other way around. That's so backwards. We spent half the season talking about how JV's biggest weakness is probably that he doesn't pass very well.
          Check my last post. I screwed up the stat, sorry. Read passes received/made in reverse.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

          Comment


          • It's absolutely mind-boggling.

            JV is shooting a high %.

            JV isn't turning the ball over.

            JV is doing a great job of passing out of the post.

            A more variable offense prevents the defense from keying on certain players (ie: DeRozan & Lowry).

            Getting Whiteside in foul trouble would open the game up for every Raptor.


            Is there a negative? Is there any stat that suggests a reason not to at least involve him in more possessions, even if he doesn't necessarily get more game-planned shot attempts?

            Comment


            • JV post touches in playoffs:

              60 touches, passed out 8 times, turned it over 5 times, shot 28/37 and 6/9 on FTs for 62 points.

              Paint touches:

              50 touches, passed out twice, turned it over 4 times, shot 28/35 and 6/9 on FTs for 62 points.

              Roll man in PnR:

              29 possessions, 17/24 shooting for 37 points.

              Off cuts:

              19 possessions, 11/15 shooting for 26 points.

              He's destroying anytime we run offense for him.

              He's made 377 passes and received 232. DeMar's made 309 passes and received 468.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

              Comment


              • CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                It's absolutely mind-boggling.

                JV is shooting a high %.

                JV isn't turning the ball over.

                JV is doing a great job of passing out of the post.

                A more variable offense prevents the defense from keying on certain players (ie: DeRozan & Lowry).

                Getting Whiteside in foul trouble would open the game up for every Raptor.


                Is there a negative? Is there any stat that suggests a reason not to at least involve him in more possessions, even if he doesn't necessarily get more game-planned shot attempts?
                literally the only reason i can think of is that the guards/team hasn't drilled post up plays in practices and the coaches don't want to deal with unknown unknowns. that is the only legit reason i can think of for not posting jv.

                i said before the pick and rolls and screen and rolls they run are fine but the team should be watching some old low post play. post/re-post plays to see how to run it better.

                Comment


                • S.R. wrote: View Post
                  Jonas is actually getting an extra 2 shots per game over the regular season, so there's that. DD unfortunately is taking nearly 3 more shots per game. Try to figure this math out:

                  DD 20.4 FGA 33% FG%
                  JV 11 FGA 54% FG%
                  I didn't have to check the numbers to know that JV is getting those extra shots beasting off OREBs from the Brick Brothers epic display of "shooting" in these playoffs. JV is getting 8.4 ORB/100 in the playoffs vs. 6.1/100 in the regular season. That ain't coming from passing. He is truly bailing out our "all-stars" in every sense of the word. JV has been a beast, but some of us already knew that.
                  Last edited by golden; Fri May 6, 2016, 11:07 AM.

                  Comment


                  • So far in the playoffs, JV has a PER of 27.4, LeBron has a PER of 26.2.
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

                    Comment


                    • CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      It's absolutely mind-boggling.

                      JV is shooting a high %.

                      JV isn't turning the ball over.

                      JV is doing a great job of passing out of the post.

                      A more variable offense prevents the defense from keying on certain players (ie: DeRozan & Lowry).

                      Getting Whiteside in foul trouble would open the game up for every Raptor.


                      Is there a negative? Is there any stat that suggests a reason not to at least involve him in more possessions, even if he doesn't necessarily get more game-planned shot attempts?
                      The only negative I can come with is the guards piss poor ability to get him the ball resulting in TO's
                      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                      Comment


                      • Barolt wrote: View Post
                        To add to this. DeMar has missed 122 shots. JV has taken 99 shots.
                        Well that made me want to spew breakfast across my keyboard

                        Comment


                        • Barolt wrote: View Post
                          So far in the playoffs, JV has a PER of 27.4, LeBron has a PER of 26.2.
                          Lowry + Derozan, total PER = 20.6.

                          Comment


                          • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            The only negative I can come with is the guards piss poor ability to get him the ball resulting in TO's
                            Just give it to him out on the 3 point line, he can pass to a cutting Ross/Carroll better than they can

                            Comment


                            • Barolt wrote: View Post
                              So far in the playoffs, JV has a PER of 27.4, LeBron has a PER of 26.2.
                              Kanters PER is 30.97

                              Comment


                              • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                The only negative I can come with is the guards piss poor ability to get him the ball resulting in TO's
                                Do you feel like we've actually tried to make this a real priority for the offense?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X