Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rocwell wrote: View Post
    Kanters PER is 30.97
    Kanter is playing really well, in his 20MPG against backups.

    Comment


    • golden wrote: View Post
      Do you feel like we've actually tried to make this a real priority for the offense?
      Of course not. I'm reaching for any possible justification to keep my sanity
      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

      Comment


      • KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Of course not. I'm reaching for any possible justification to keep my sanity
        If you have your sanity, you are not a true Raptors fan.

        Comment


        • KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Of course not. I'm reaching for any possible justification to keep my sanity
          I just usually reach for another beer

          Comment


          • golden wrote: View Post
            Kanter is playing really well, in his 20MPG against backups.
            I'm sure it doesn't help him much playing beside Durant and/or Westbrook instead of a broken Lowry and DeMar, either.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

            Comment



            • Comment


              • rocwell wrote: View Post

                At what point was it exactly that bigs became these beta pussies that kowtow to their supreme alpha guards? Last I checked theyre BIGS. Stop acting scared. Howards scared of harden apparently, jv won't do shit around here...is it because guard play is more asthetically pleasing to the casual fan so owners and managers give in to them?

                I miss the days of shaq, Hakeem, Kemp..these big muhfuckas that RAN their team. Maybe the only one left who's actually alpha dog of his offense is gasol. I don't count cousins or the brow cause they're trying to act like guards more and more now.
                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                Comment


                • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  At what point was it exactly that bigs became these beta pussies that kowtow to their supreme alpha guards? Last I checked theyre BIGS. Stop acting scared. Howards scared of harden apparently, jv won't do shit around here...is it because guard play is more asthetically pleasing to the casual fan so owners and managers give in to them?

                  I miss the days of shaq, Hakeem, Kemp..these big muhfuckas that RAN their team. Maybe the only one left who's actually alpha dog of his offense is gasol. I don't count cousins or the brow cause they're trying to act like guards more and more now.
                  Lithunians are taught that way IMO. Look at how they play in international tournaments. Spurs style basketball.
                  Last edited by rocwell; Fri May 6, 2016, 01:55 PM.

                  Comment


                  • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    At what point was it exactly that bigs became these beta pussies that kowtow to their supreme alpha guards? Last I checked theyre BIGS. Stop acting scared. Howards scared of harden apparently, jv won't do shit around here...is it because guard play is more asthetically pleasing to the casual fan so owners and managers give in to them?

                    I miss the days of shaq, Hakeem, Kemp..these big muhfuckas that RAN their team. Maybe the only one left who's actually alpha dog of his offense is gasol. I don't count cousins or the brow cause they're trying to act like guards more and more now.
                    I think it has less to do with Jonas being a big, and more to do with him still being lower than Lowry/DeRozan on the years-played hierarchy.

                    The team still treats him like a pup. Like he's got a lot to learn.

                    #CraftyVet
                    Last edited by Nilanka; Fri May 6, 2016, 02:46 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      I think it has less to do with Jonas being a big, and more to do with him still being lower than Lowry/DeRozan on the year's played hierarchy.

                      The team still treats him like a pup. Like he's got a lot to learn.

                      #CraftyVet
                      The weird thing though is how the team looks when they're actively looking for him.

                      It's why my favourite game of the playoffs so far was Game 2 against Indiana. Lowry and CoJo were going out of their way to feed him and it just opened up the floor for everybody.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

                      Comment


                      • Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        I think it has less to do with Jonas being a big, and more to do with him still being lower than Lowry/DeRozan on the year's played hierarchy.

                        The team still treats him like a pup. Like he's got a lot to learn.

                        #CraftyVet
                        Which is still baffling. There is millions and millions of dollars, people's jobs livelihoods, the loss of fans...all at stake based on the professional basketball team WINNING, and it is ignored to keep a hierarchy based on experience and or popularity, like it's a fucking men's Rec league.

                        When did the toronto raptors become lowry and derozans team? I thought they were employees? Is the team gonna fold when they retire?
                        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                        Comment


                        • Just Is wrote: View Post
                          The weird thing though is how the team looks when they're actively looking for him.

                          It's why my favourite game of the playoffs so far was Game 2 against Indiana. Lowry and CoJo were going out of their way to feed him and it just opened up the floor for everybody.
                          And then derozan said hey guys stop that, before people realize jv is the real all star
                          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                          Comment


                          • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Which is still baffling. There is millions and millions of dollars, people's jobs livelihoods, the loss of fans...all at stake based on the professional basketball team WINNING, and it is ignored to keep a hierarchy based on experience and or popularity, like it's a fucking men's Rec league.

                            When did the toronto raptors become lowry and derozans team? I thought they were employees? Is the team gonna fold when they retire?
                            Have to put blame squarely on Casey's shoulders for instilling the aura of "Lowry/DeRozan's" team. He's been saying it all year. The fans agreed with their allstar votes, and global media followed suit. Now it's full on ingrained.

                            Comment


                            • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Which is still baffling. There is millions and millions of dollars, people's jobs livelihoods, the loss of fans...all at stake based on the professional basketball team WINNING, and it is ignored to keep a hierarchy based on experience and or popularity, like it's a fucking men's Rec league.

                              When did the toronto raptors become lowry and derozans team? I thought they were employees? Is the team gonna fold when they retire?
                              I won't lie; I do view the team as Lowry's BUT I also still view it as a team. And that's what needs to be remembered. We win or lose as a team.
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

                              Comment


                              • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Which is still baffling. There is millions and millions of dollars, people's jobs livelihoods, the loss of fans...all at stake based on the professional basketball team WINNING, and it is ignored to keep a hierarchy based on experience and or popularity, like it's a fucking men's Rec league.

                                When did the toronto raptors become lowry and derozans team? I thought they were employees? Is the team gonna fold when they retire?
                                Lowry and DD have really taken scoring on as their identities, they see so much of this as doubts/criticisms they just have to focus through and play through (to such a crazy extreme). It's always been troubling that their offense dominated the team so much and of course it looks infinitely worse right now, but this team has always had a rotation full of guys who can shoot the ball. JV, Patterson, Ross, Powell, CoJo, Carroll, Scola, can all shoot and score. The scrubs can score. Really JJ and Biyombo are the only guys you avoid giving shots to. It's not like Butler on the Bulls or Paul George on the Pacers, where this team needs that star to prop up their entire offense or else they just can't put the ball in the hoop. That the offense ran so well all year with DeMar sitting and bench players in with Lowry should have said enough to everybody about the depth of offensive talent on this team.

                                The longstanding criticism of OKC has been how much their offense depends on KD and Westbrook to ISO and create - and that's KD and Westbrook. Those guys are on another level from Lowry/DD as scorers. The imbalance here never did make sense but "hey we're winning, that justifies it" has long been the defense of it.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X