Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    People are killing Casey for this but he was following suit. Remember, it was only 3 seasons ago that rim-protecting big men were all the rage because of Roy Hibbert/Tyson Chandler as you said. It was natural that Casey would want JV to become that, except with an actually good post up game. Small ball only started in full force last year, before that it was just Bosh playing C for the Heat and before then it barely existed outside of very rare examples. People act as if Casey was behind the times when in reality he was following suit with the rest of the league.
    But that's the biggest knock on casey (at least for me): he's a trend follower not a trend setter. Always a step behind. Instead of finding every reason jonas can't play in each current "era" because his role card is outdated, why not just develop him into an all around good basketball player that can have a long career and be versatile? Trying to make him the flavor of the week hampered his development
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

    Comment


    • DanH wrote: View Post
      This really is about next year, but can you imagine if JV DID have a three point shot? How hard would it be to defend a KL-DD-DC-PP-JV lineup? See the fits that a stretch 5 like Frye can give you defensively? Now imagine if Frye was lethal on the PnR, could crush you in the post, and was a solid rim protector. And was elite as a rebounder. And worked a vicious two man game with the league's elite driver.
      Yeah if JV has a long ball next year you'd be looking at a guy who could become a superstar.

      the real "new nba" is being better at something than all your opponents.

      Spurs have won 5 championships doing different things. They changed things up when they were no longer the best at their old thing.

      JV could become the best post-scorer in the NBA, and if he adds a long range shot there's nobody who can guard him. Couple that with his greatly improved defensive mobility and his huge rebounding advantage against almost everyone, and he'd have the chance to be one of the best players in the league.
      Last edited by KHD; Wed May 25th, 2016, 05:03 PM.

      Comment


      • KeonClark wrote: View Post
        But that's the biggest knock on casey (at least for me): he's a trend follower not a trend setter. Always a step behind. Instead of finding every reason jonas can't play in each current "era" because his role card is outdated, why not just develop him into an all around good basketball player that can have a long career and be versatile? Trying to make him the flavor of the week hampered his development
        Casey's been great the last two games and is a couple steps ahead of Lue, to the point that Lue's coaching deficiencies are grabbing headlines. I've been impressed with Casey through the playoffs in general. He really just seems like a guy that goes for stability over adjustments through the regular season, for better or for worse. It looks like more of a conscious philosophy vs. obliviousness to some of the "obvious" things we (myself included) would often like him to do. He makes adjustments in the summer and likes to stick to his guns through the season.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

        Comment


        • KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Yes, gain weight and forget about that shot. Turn into Tyson chandler or maybe Roy Hibbert. Then of course 2 or 3 years after that was when casey said jv was too slow, cant play small perimeter ball In the new nba. What casey has yet to learn is the real "new nba" is kind of a position-less basketball. If you're really good at basketball there's always a spot for you.
          Ahahahahaha Pokemon card

          Comment


          • Anyone else see JV do a spin move into a step back jumper over TT. Where is he learning these moves lol
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

            Comment


            • MACK11 wrote: View Post
              Anyone else see JV do a spin move into a step back jumper over TT. Where is he learning these moves lol
              Baby Sikma
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

              Comment


              • JV was great this game. So very weird that he only played 17 minutes, was causing all sorts of issues for the Cavs. Was my one real gripe (besides starting Scola) in this game. He was a +4 on the night, too, the only + on the team.

                Sooooo much excitement about what he might become next year.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                Comment


                • MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  Anyone else see JV do a spin move into a step back jumper over TT. Where is he learning these moves lol
                  He's learned that if he does more of those moves he'll get the ball more. Or at least that's what DeMar told him
                  OG is our king

                  Comment


                  • MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    Anyone else see JV do a spin move into a step back jumper over TT. Where is he learning these moves lol
                    Anyone got a gif of that by any chance?
                    "Stay steamy"

                    - Kobe

                    Comment


                    • DanH wrote: View Post
                      JV was great this game. So very weird that he only played 17 minutes, was causing all sorts of issues for the Cavs. Was my one real gripe (besides starting Scola) in this game. He was a +4 on the night, too, the only + on the team.

                      Sooooo much excitement about what he might become next year.
                      Yeah, I thought JV really helped change the complexion of the game in the first half. Didn't have as much impact in the 2nd but he wasn't really involved and the game was already out of hand. I thought maybe if we involved him more when we were cutting it to the low-mid teens, it would help slow down the game.

                      I think this playoff showed we are not a fast-paced team. We need to refocus on the defensive end and try to win holding opponents under 90. We have enough athleticism to run off D, but if we don't get something early in transition, everything needs to settle into the halfcourt and make sure we keep turnovers and bad shots down.

                      Comment


                      • DanH wrote: View Post
                        JV was great this game. So very weird that he only played 17 minutes, was causing all sorts of issues for the Cavs. Was my one real gripe (besides starting Scola) in this game. He was a +4 on the night, too, the only + on the team.

                        Sooooo much excitement about what he might become next year.
                        Casey's coming back right? Expect more of the same production.

                        Comment


                        • tDotted wrote: View Post
                          Casey's coming back right? Expect more of the same production.
                          Yeah that's exactly my thoughts
                          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                          Comment


                          • tDotted wrote: View Post
                            Casey's coming back right? Expect more of the same production.
                            Casey and derozan and the guard only offense
                            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                            Comment


                            • Chris Towers from CBS tweeting earlier that the Raptors should pick a 2nd option between DeMar and JV, let the other guy go. Not enough usage to keep DeMar, and let JV grow.

                              I agree, to some extent. Just don't want to see JV go because of it.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

                              Comment


                              • Barolt wrote: View Post
                                Chris Towers from CBS tweeting earlier that the Raptors should pick a 2nd option between DeMar and JV, let the other guy go. Not enough usage to keep DeMar, and let JV grow.

                                I agree, to some extent. Just don't want to see JV go because of it.
                                If masai is as smart as I think he is he knows what to do. Demar could bring a lottery pick or more. Plus 30 million in cap space.
                                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X