Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    Chris Towers from CBS tweeting earlier that the Raptors should pick a 2nd option between DeMar and JV, let the other guy go. Not enough usage to keep DeMar, and let JV grow.

I agree, to some extent. Just don't want to see JV go because of it.
    we already did a season with only 2 options on offence and went as far as it can possibly take you.

teams with only 2 options suck, generally.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      If masai is as smart as I think he is he knows what to do. Demar could bring a lottery pick or more. Plus 30 million in cap space.
      DeMar can't 'bring' 30 million in cap space. Even if we let him go we'd have 18m in space. And you're not going to get a lottery pick for him, since any team with a lottery pick probably has the cap space to sign him outright without doing a sign and trade, and it would have to happen after the draft anyway.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
        DeMar can't 'bring' 30 million in cap space. Even if we let him go we'd have 18m in space. And you're not going to get a lottery pick for him, since any team with a lottery pick probably has the cap space to sign him outright without doing a sign and trade, and it would have to happen after the draft anyway.
        I assume he was referring to a future trade, as in next summer. That would free up Demar's max salary off the books and could bring in a good pick.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
          DeMar's contract isn't $25m over 1 year, it's $144m over 5 years. So across the term of that contract, that's a lot of freed up cap space if we don't sign him to it.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            I assume he was referring to a future trade, as in next summer. That would free up Demar's max salary off the books and could bring in a good pick.
            Signing DeMar to trade him a year later is just wasting another year. It's not worth squandering the development that could be achieved by redistributing DeMar's usage--if that's the way Masai wants to go.

Anyways, with Casey likely coming back we can all pull our hair out over JV's lack of usage for another few years.

Comment

• Everything Valanciunas

Scraptor wrote: View Post
              Signing DeMar to trade him a year later is just wasting another year. It's not worth squandering the development that could be achieved by redistributing DeMar's usage--if that's the way Masai wants to go.

Anyways, with Casey likely coming back we can all pull our hair out over JV's lack of usage for another few years.
              Oh I agree, I would move on now instead. He's clearly not a max player and if it wasn't for the play of JV, Carroll, CoJo and Patterson - then our playoffs would have been a first round flameout and Demar and Kyle wouldn't have had the opportunity to "eventually" find their games.

JV needs more usage. Everyone can see it so hopefully Masai can force the adjustment.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• maybe its just me but it seems like demar and jv actually play pretty well together especially in pick and roll, i just think we need to make jv more of a focus. I think involving jv more would actually help demar if anything.

However can't really plan to have DD on the team since even if Masai wants to keep him, which he probably does, he controls his own destiny now.

Comment

• Fun comparison:

JV these playoffs vs Dwight 08/09(the year Magic went to the Finals):

JV: 26.8 PER, 24.1% TRB, 16.9% ORB, 32.2% DRB, 120 ORtg, 102 DRtg, .226 WS/48, 26.8 MPG, 22.4% USG.

Dwight: 25.5 PER, 24.5% TRB, 13.8% ORB, 35.1% DRB, 119 ORtg, 98 DRtg, .241 WS/48, 39.3 MPG, 23.3% USG.

EDIT: They were each 23 in those seasons.

Comment

• Would be nice to see 36.8 minutes per game for JV instead of 26.8. This is why I don't really care about bringing back Bismack, force Casey to play JV a lot.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                      Fun comparison:

JV these playoffs vs Dwight 08/09(the year Magic went to the Finals):

JV: 26.8 PER, 24.1% TRB, 16.9% ORB, 32.2% DRB, 120 ORtg, 102 DRtg, .226 WS/48, 26.8 MPG, 22.4% USG.

Dwight: 25.5 PER, 24.5% TRB, 13.8% ORB, 35.1% DRB, 119 ORtg, 98 DRtg, .241 WS/48, 39.3 MPG, 23.3% USG.

EDIT: They were each 23 in those seasons.
                      JVs total dominance in the paint has been beautiful in the playoffs. Still needs to do a lot of work, but he took a big step. Ive seen a few things about how awesome it would be for JV to be a capable corner 3 shooter but to me that just takes him out of the paint, where he controls the game. It would still be pretty useful, but id rather he works on passing, mid range etc.

Comment

• JV, we waiting you at olympics, show them what u got

Comment

• Comment

• He had a nice mid range fade away early last game at the end of the clock that was impressive. The system is designed to serve only Kyle and DeRozan and needs to change. They're underutilizing a game changing talent.

Comment

• If Val can stretch out beyond the arc, he's basically going to have Cousins skill set without the crazy.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                If Val can stretch out beyond the arc, he's basically going to have Cousins skill set without the crazy.
                                Unfortunately, probably without the usage, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X