Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    it doesn't matter how many times jv received a pass from demar. the jv/demar pick and roll is a very good weapon for us. if it earns points from demar scoring or jv scoring, who gives a shit. i was wondering in comparison to say a paul/jordan or lebron/love combination.

where does the pairing stand ppp in respect to other prominent pick and roll tandems in the league?
    At the top. JV is 4th in roll man ppp and DeRozan is 4th in handler ppp. No other duo is ranked that highly together.

As far as I know there's no data on how often DD actually passes it to ppp but it's safe to say that when you have one of the best pick and roll ball handlers in the league with one of the best roll men it should work really well, and we've seen that this year when it's used (doesn't happen nearly often enough)

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      I am not saying you didn't. Or commenting on any opinion of yours. This, I thought was an open thread. So my comment would be more directed at the comment that was wondering on how many demar passes to jv happened. I had openly wondered, last night before bed, about the pnr stats. Woke up and saw it had transformed into a "how many passes does demar give jv". Which is something I think is useless when I was talking about the pnr stats because it was posted demar was the 4th most efficient scorer in the pnr when paired with jv.

You take things too personal. I didn't even quote a post of yours.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk
      Well I think it's important to know that number, because if Demar rarely hits the roll man, teams will hedge a lot stronger on him as the screen is set, (and assuming demar doesn't pass the ball) rendering the pick n roll useless.
      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
        At the top. JV is 4th in roll man ppp and DeRozan is 4th in handler ppp. No other duo is ranked that highly together.

As far as I know there's no data on how often DD actually passes it to ppp but it's safe to say that when you have one of the best pick and roll ball handlers in the league with one of the best roll men it should work really well, and we've seen that this year when it's used (doesn't happen nearly often enough)
        So they both rank 4th in comparison to others as either handler or roll man. Thank you.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Big fella is gonna eat next season. That's great because it's been clear all last season that the team plays better when they kick it inside.

Comment

• Jonas to NASCAR confirmed.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              Jonas to NASCAR confirmed.

i have no idea who any of these other guys are

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                i have no idea who any of these other guys are
                Darius Songaila in blue, now retired
                http://www.basketball-reference.com/...songada01.html

Robertas Javtokas in white, pretty interesting prospect once, a Spurs stash pick, super athletic defensive 6'11, then he went on a motorcycle ride and lost it. Still, he's had a good career in Europe.

Not sure about the little guy. Looks out of shape and has a beard, must be James Harden.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post

Robertas Javtokas in white, pretty interesting prospect once, a Spurs stash pick, super athletic defensive 6'11, then he went on a motorcycle ride and lost it. Still, he's had a good career in Europe.

Not sure about the little guy. Looks out of shape and has a beard, must be James Harden.
                  Kurt Busch. NASCAR driver

Last edited by rocwell; Thu Jun 16, 2016, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post

oh shit i totally forgot about Songaila.

Seems like an odd group of people to hang around with a nascar driver

Comment

• JV looking svelte. I remember reading that he gave up sweets, cookies and dessert to do it. Though I do wonder who the next centre that Casey will ride late in games so he can bench Jonas will be. He has proved that he can hold his own, but I have a feeling that Casey will insist.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
                        JV looking svelte. I remember reading that he gave up sweets, cookies and dessert to do it. Though I do wonder who the next centre that Casey will ride late in games so he can bench Jonas will be. He has proved that he can hold his own, but I have a feeling that Casey will insist.
                        If he sits him in the 4th it will be to go small/quick. But JV's a young vet with a big contract now, count on Casey's belief in him to make the leap. In a way, Casey's tough love might deserve some thanks for JV's reasonable contract.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          If he sits him in the 4th it will be to go small/quick. But JV's a young vet with a big contract now, count on Casey's belief in him to make the leap. In a way, Casey's tough love might deserve some thanks for JV's reasonable contract.
                          The risk of injury is what drove JV and his agent to take a below market-value deal before the season began. It has nothing to do with Casey's distorted interpretation of "accountability" or tough love. Masai dodged a bullet. Had JV opted to test restricted free agency, the Raptors would be in a world of trouble. Still, they need a backup centre. I'm not sold on Bebe being anything more than a victory cigar and friend for Bruno.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
                            The risk of injury is what drove JV and his agent to take a below market-value deal before the season began. It has nothing to do with Casey's distorted interpretation of "accountability" or tough love. Masai dodged a bullet. Had JV opted to test restricted free agency, the Raptors would be in a world of trouble. Still, they need a backup centre. I'm not sold on Bebe being anything more than a victory cigar and friend for Bruno.
                            Disagree. 1) Bebe will be good-to-go. 2) JV's minutes will be up. 3) We're likely to draft a 4/5 and 4) Casey likes going small. Not that I wouldn't love to retain Biz somehow.

And risk of injury? JV could have broken his leg and he still would have made bank. Casey and the organization have brought Jonas along slowly and have been quite demanding. It seems to have helped JV stay humble, and the contract reflected that.

If he'd been putting up gaudy numbers for a lottery team you can bet he would have demanded more.
                            Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Sat Jun 18, 2016, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• He better practise catching the pass in traffic over the summer and not tumble the ball as often this year

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                                He better practise catching the pass in traffic over the summer and not tumble the ball as often this year
                                JV has good hands. I don't know what you were watching
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X