Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cheers

    Comment


    • Kazminskis is terrible.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

      Comment


      • Jonas will officially be on Summer vacation in a few minutes.

        Comment


        • I've never seen JV play a worse stretch of basketball. JV seems to really struggle when a defense actually focus on him. Things are a lot easier when you have two All-stars to play off of.
          Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed Aug 17, 2016, 12:30 PM.
          @Chr1st1anL

          Comment


          • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            Lithuania has a weak team. Even with playoff Jonas, they can't beat this team.
            It's a pretty good team imo, but they definitely need a backup PG and new starting SF. Knicks rookie is a pussy.

            Oh and Jonas. I just hope you're going to deal with your shit quickly and come back to Toronto ready to ball!!
            Last edited by rocwell; Wed Aug 17, 2016, 12:33 PM.

            Comment


            • I'm shocked people are watching this game in particular and coming away thinking Jonas played poorly. He might have been the only remotely effective player on LIT today. The guards (offensive and defensively) were a complete mess, and whenever JV subbed out AUS had a layup line to the rim. JV actually looked a lot better in this game than he has so far in the tourney, in my mind, setting a ton of great screens (including one absolutely brutal one that led to a successful post-up where he bullied Bogut out of the way) and drawing a lot of attention inside (several instances where the defence collapsed so much on his roll they gave up uncontested layups to the ball handler in the PnR). Got on the boards nicely, defended pretty well too, even out on the perimeter a few times (except on one play where he fell asleep and gave Bogut an open alley oop, though to be fair I was surprised at how quick Bogut got to the rim too).

              I think this game was fine from JV. I'm also glad his Olympics are over since his team wasn't using him in the offence anyway and he has plenty of practice setting screens, so now he can get a little rest before training camp.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

              Comment


              • Don't worry everybody. JV will look a lot better with Toronto's guard play.
                @Chr1st1anL

                Comment


                • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  I've never seen JV play a worse stretch of basketball. JV seems to really struggle when a defense actually focus on him. Things are a lot easier when you have two All-stars to play off of.
                  Problem is that LTU runs a lot of their offense as if they actually do have elite scoring guards as first options, which they don't.

                  Comment


                  • I guess the silver lining (?) is that this was a fantastic tournament for JV haters. At least some people got to enjoy watching this.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

                    Comment


                    • golden wrote: View Post
                      Problem is that LTU runs a lot of their offense as if they actually do have elite scoring guards as first options, which they don't.
                      Raptors do as well. Its just K Low/Deebo draw some much more attention that it makes the game a lot easier for JV.
                      @Chr1st1anL

                      Comment


                      • I'm happy that Lithuania is out. Obviously something was not right with Valanciunas, and LIT was running some really weird plays.. Using JV as a decoy... Shit was just hard to watch. Anyway, time to take some rest, refresh your mind and get ready for the season!!

                        Comment


                        • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Raptors do as well. Its just K Low/Deebo draw some much more attention that it makes the game a lot easier for JV.
                          I agree. It's more a comment on how LTU probably shouldn't be pretending that their guards can carry an offense. Perhaps design more of a PnR, high-low game around JV as the first priority in the future, since he is their best player. When Sarunas retired, LTU lost a truly elite PnR point guard and facilitator for bigs.

                          My completely un-founded pet theory is that JV came into this tournament expecting to be the go-to guy on offense with the system designed around him, but that didn't happen and he pouted. No basis for this theory, other than his overall body language and level of engagement at times.

                          Comment


                          • golden wrote: View Post
                            My completely un-founded pet theory is that JV came into this tournament expecting to be the go-to guy on offense with the system designed around him, but that didn't happen and he pouted. No basis for this theory, other than his overall body language and level of engagement at times.
                            It's either this, or right before the tourney started he found out that Kazminskis is banging his mom. One of the two.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

                            Comment


                            • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              It's either this, or right before the tourney started he found out that Kazminskis is banging his mom. One of the two.
                              Could be both!
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

                              Comment


                              • LIT's coach on JV:


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X