Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Like who? JV is 24 and was injured for half of our playoff run. I think he just had a hard time adjusting to the extra attention he received from other defences.
    I don't know why you bring up the injury. That's an obvious contributor to burn out. JV finished the season injured and had hardly any time before joining his NT.

    And guys like Parker and Dirk have had summers where they were subpar or even didn't play because they were exhausted. Probably a bunch more. It's not that weird a thing man.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

    Comment


    • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      I don't know why you bring up the injury. That's an obvious contributor to burn out. JV finished the season injured and had hardly any time before joining his NT.

      And guys like Parker and Dirk have had summers where they were subpar or even didn't play because they were exhausted. Probably a bunch more. It's not that weird a thing man.

      Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
      Yeah it pretty much happens to a lot of players who are national team players on NBA playoff teams. It eventually catches up to them which is why guys chasing the championship often skip national team commitments.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

      If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

      Comment


      • What the fuck

        Comment


        • Axel wrote: View Post
          Yeah it pretty much happens to a lot of players who are national team players on NBA playoff teams. It eventually catches up to them which is why guys chasing the championship often skip national team commitments.
          white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          I don't know why you bring up the injury. That's an obvious contributor to burn out. JV finished the season injured and had hardly any time before joining his NT.

          And guys like Parker and Dirk have had summers where they were subpar or even didn't play because they were exhausted. Probably a bunch more. It's not that weird a thing man.

          Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
          Yes, it happens just never seen it happen to a 24 year old who doesn't play heavy minutes during the season and missed second half of his team's playoff run. JV had a good full month and half to get ready. Not saying his play is a trend but, just don't believe a 24 year old got burned out.

          JV said it's something in his head. If he was burned out he would of said something like "I'm just really tired".
          Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri Aug 19, 2016, 10:59 AM.
          @Chr1st1anL

          Comment


          • rocwell wrote: View Post


            I'm probably the most unbiased member on this forum.. so suck my middle finger.
            No not you Roc.

            Comment


            • iblastoff wrote: View Post
              i havent watched any rio basketball but how has DD been the worst?
              Neither have I. Barolt posted a stat where every US player had a +10 net rating and Demar was at -30.

              Comment


              • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Yes, it happens just never seen it happen to a 24 year old who doesn't play heavy minutes during the season and missed second half of his team's playoff run. JV had a good full month and half to get ready. Not saying his play is a trend but, just don't believe a 24 year old got burned out.

                JV said it's something in his head. If he was burned out he would of said something like "I'm just really tired".
                Not saying one way or the other, but that's where burnout shows up - in your head. You're mentally off and end up looking slow, disengaged, out of sync, etc. Burnout doesn't mean you actually have trouble running up and down the court because your legs are still tired from 2 months ago...
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                Comment


                • Jangles wrote: View Post
                  Neither have I. Barolt posted a stat where every US player had a +10 net rating and Demar was at -30.
                  How is that even statistically possible?

                  Comment


                  • yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                    How does everything resort to a DD debate with you lol

                    And for the record, DD is the 9th/10th man on a loaded USA team playing below expectaion while JV was supposto to be the number 1 guy playing like a mincy scrub on a semi solid lithuania team. JV has shit the bed harder
                    With all the 'Deebo' bs around here, we need to balance things out. It's a guards game. If you're getting 6-7 shots a game, it doesn't matter if you're Shaq or Jordan, you won't be putting up great stats.

                    Comment


                    • golden wrote: View Post
                      How is that even statistically possible?
                      Creative subs?

                      Comment


                      • Jangles wrote: View Post
                        With all the 'Deebo' bs around here, we need to balance things out. It's a guards game. If you're getting 6-7 shots a game, it doesn't matter if you're Shaq or Jordan, you won't be putting up great stats.
                        Yup. And you also shouldn't be shooting 39% as a big man when all your shots are coming from in close. And have 3 less turnovers than you had made field goals!!!!!!!

                        Derozan has been pretty bad. But I don't understand how you can sit there and say jv has done no wrong. Like Tf. He's point blank been bad. No excuses.

                        And again, why do you keep bringing up derozan when we're talking about jv. They don't even play for the same team !!!
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

                        Comment


                        • S.R. wrote: View Post
                          Not saying one way or the other, but that's where burnout shows up - in your head. You're mentally off and end up looking slow, disengaged, out of sync, etc. Burnout doesn't mean you actually have trouble running up and down the court because your legs are still tired from 2 months ago...
                          Good point. I still don't think it's the case. At least I hope not because this wont be the last time he plays for his national team and hopefully his heathy enough to play through a full playoffs run. JV minutes mostly will go up next year. His going to be seeing a lot less rest in the upcoming years.
                          @Chr1st1anL

                          Comment


                          • yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                            Yup. And you also shouldn't be shooting 39% as a big man when all your shots are coming from in close. And have 3 less turnovers than you had made field goals!!!!!!!

                            Derozan has been pretty bad. But I don't understand how you can sit there and say jv has done no wrong. Like Tf. He's point blank been bad. No excuses.

                            And again, why do you keep bringing up derozan when we're talking about jv. They don't even play for the same team !!!
                            Not saying jv has been good. When jv sucks, I say he sucks. I watched the second half of his game vs Spain. He wasn't good. The stats also say the rest of his Olympics were bad. Demar was also bad. What I dislike is when 1 particular poster praises Demar for good games, disappears for bad games and shits on jv for bad games and disappears for good ones.

                            I'm taking about both guys so it was a toss up between which thread.

                            Comment


                            • Jangles wrote: View Post
                              Not saying jv has been good. When jv sucks, I say he sucks. I watched the second half of his game vs Spain. He wasn't good. The stats also say the rest of his Olympics were bad. Demar was also bad. What I dislike is when 1 particular poster praises Demar for good games, disappears for bad games and shits on jv for bad games and disappears for good ones.

                              I'm taking about both guys so it was a toss up between which thread.
                              There's only one person who does tht. And we all kno who it is

                              But what cheeses me, is when you say "jv has been bad, but like demar has been bad too" and act like it somehow changes the fact of how scrubby jv played this summer.

                              Jv played bad. He looked like a scrub. His coaches are mad with him. He himself said he played bad. And he needs to get it together before the season starts. Those are all facts. And they have nothing to do with derrozan. Smh
                              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

                              Comment


                              • Jonas played poorly, but it was a weird tournament for LIT overall.

                                Re: the comments to the effect of "he was supposed to be the man on that team but he crapped the bed" - he played significantly more minutes and was a much bigger part of the offense at Eurobasket 2015, his best FIBA tournament where he made All-Tournament team and LIT won silver. Right from game 1 at Rio, Jonas played a lot less and got the ball a lot less than he did last summer. Chicken or egg? I dunno, but LIT was trying to win with their guards against teams with much better guards.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X