Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I love how the definition of "trolling" has been watered down to mean any online post.

    DD is awesome. Trolling!

    DD sucks. Trolling!

    Stop trolling. Trolling!
    So true.

    Comment


    • Not really guys. If your post isn't trying to add to the conversation and the intent is solely to try and stir up an argument without presenting any points, then yeah, it's likely trolling. Plus some people are known for the intent.

      Except for the use of Simpsons memes; that is a perfectly acceptable method of posting without much contribution.

      Now seriously, way too many posts (in multiple threads) that are simply trying to stir up old arguments for no reason or discussing members (present or otherwise). Talk basketball folks.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

      If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

      Comment


      • Axel wrote: View Post
        Not really guys. If your post isn't trying to add to the conversation and the intent is solely to try and stir up an argument without presenting any points, then yeah, it's likely trolling. Plus some people are known for the intent.

        Except for the use of Simpsons memes; that is a perfectly acceptable method of posting without much contribution.

        Now seriously, way too many posts (in multiple threads) that are simply trying to stir up old arguments for no reason or discussing members (present or otherwise). Talk basketball folks.


        Comment


        • Jonas's minutes are now down below his sophomore season and his FGA/g are around the same as last year. Partly due to injury, but I think it's also pretty clear that nothing has changed in our greater scheme. Again.
          It's the Spicy Show! Time to cook.

          Comment


          • Trade him for the sake of him, his career and this team. 12 points, 7 boards and shot 6/6 in the first half and basically got no time in the second half.

            Comment


            • Scraptor wrote: View Post
              Jonas's minutes are now down below his sophomore season and his FGA/g are around the same as last year. Partly due to injury, but I think it's also pretty clear that nothing has changed in our greater scheme. Again.
              shocker

              Comment


              • Scraptor wrote: View Post
                Jonas's minutes are now down below his sophomore season and his FGA/g are around the same as last year. Partly due to injury, but I think it's also pretty clear that nothing has changed in our greater scheme. Again.
                I told y'all. Talk the talk but not walk the walk lol.

                Comment


                • Personally, I hate the 'trade him for the sake of his career' argument. This isn't a charity. Raptors are better off with him than without, he's on a solid value contract, and any center they could realistically get back in a trade is going to occupy a similar role, at best. Maybe I'm selfish, but I'd rather see the team win with JV playing a secondary role then see him flourish somewhere else after the Raptors trade him just for his own sake.

                  Don't get me wrong, I'd like him to be used as a focal point in the offense more... and assuming he's healthy and fit, get more minutes overall, but the 31-35 minutes he was getting pre-injury is about right as a regular season average for him. Particularly, I'd like to see the Raptors find ways to punish other teams with JV in the post when the other team goes small.

                  Maybe after running him for 34 minutes last night, Casey was trying to balance keeping his minutes down tonight with keeping the option of putting him back in during the latter half of the fourth (which happened last night against Cleveland and JV played great in that 4th quarter), but with the score out of reach, decided to give him the rest of night off. That's a reasonable coaching decision.

                  Comment


                  • octothorp wrote: View Post
                    Personally, I hate the 'trade him for the sake of his career' argument. This isn't a charity. Raptors are better off with him than without, he's on a solid value contract, and any center they could realistically get back in a trade is going to occupy a similar role, at best. Maybe I'm selfish, but I'd rather see the team win with JV playing a secondary role then see him flourish somewhere else after the Raptors trade him just for his own sake.

                    Don't get me wrong, I'd like him to be used as a focal point in the offense more... and assuming he's healthy and fit, get more minutes overall, but the 31-35 minutes he was getting pre-injury is about right as a regular season average for him. Particularly, I'd like to see the Raptors find ways to punish other teams with JV in the post when the other team goes small.

                    Maybe after running him for 34 minutes last night, Casey was trying to balance keeping his minutes down tonight with keeping the option of putting him back in during the latter half of the fourth (which happened last night against Cleveland and JV played great in that 4th quarter), but with the score out of reach, decided to give him the rest of night off. That's a reasonable coaching decision.
                    sure,

                    the real issue is that our guards don't involve him. To me that says that coaching is not happening with these guys. They are allowed to do what they want, and what they seem to want is to be the guys.

                    If Derozan wasn't playing out of this world, we'd probably be sub-500 right now because our "offence" has basically nothing happening in it that isn't designed to get him the ball and get him a shot (sometimes of questionable quality). And if demar goes back to being what we know he is, a 22-25 point scorer with limited range, poor distribution, and average defence, but continues to demand 35% usage? yikes. watch out, because we will hit the wall so hard it'll make your head spin.
                    Last edited by KHD; Thu Nov 17th, 2016, 12:36 AM.

                    Comment


                    • octothorp wrote: View Post
                      Personally, I hate the 'trade him for the sake of his career' argument. This isn't a charity. Raptors are better off with him than without, he's on a solid value contract, and any center they could realistically get back in a trade is going to occupy a similar role, at best. Maybe I'm selfish, but I'd rather see the team win with JV playing a secondary role then see him flourish somewhere else after the Raptors trade him just for his own sake.

                      Don't get me wrong, I'd like him to be used as a focal point in the offense more... and assuming he's healthy and fit, get more minutes overall, but the 31-35 minutes he was getting pre-injury is about right as a regular season average for him. Particularly, I'd like to see the Raptors find ways to punish other teams with JV in the post when the other team goes small.

                      Maybe after running him for 34 minutes last night, Casey was trying to balance keeping his minutes down tonight with keeping the option of putting him back in during the latter half of the fourth (which happened last night against Cleveland and JV played great in that 4th quarter), but with the score out of reach, decided to give him the rest of night off. That's a reasonable coaching decision.
                      He's out there to post up and catch the ball on rolls. Having him out there to be solely a screener, put-back-layup and hedge-man is an absolute waste. Trade high to get some actual value out of him.

                      Comment


                      • octothorp wrote: View Post
                        Personally, I hate the 'trade him for the sake of his career' argument. This isn't a charity. Raptors are better off with him than without, he's on a solid value contract, and any center they could realistically get back in a trade is going to occupy a similar role, at best. Maybe I'm selfish, but I'd rather see the team win with JV playing a secondary role then see him flourish somewhere else after the Raptors trade him just for his own sake.

                        Don't get me wrong, I'd like him to be used as a focal point in the offense more... and assuming he's healthy and fit, get more minutes overall, but the 31-35 minutes he was getting pre-injury is about right as a regular season average for him. Particularly, I'd like to see the Raptors find ways to punish other teams with JV in the post when the other team goes small.

                        Maybe after running him for 34 minutes last night, Casey was trying to balance keeping his minutes down tonight with keeping the option of putting him back in during the latter half of the fourth (which happened last night against Cleveland and JV played great in that 4th quarter), but with the score out of reach, decided to give him the rest of night off. That's a reasonable coaching decision.
                        The issue is JV isn't used to his full capabilities, he is an offensive big, use him that way. He rarely ever gets the ball in the post and the guards, DD especially, never set him up off of a pick and roll. if you're not going to use him like you're supposed to then trade him and get a big who is a legit defensive/rebounding big and who you actually will use to his fullest capabilities.
                        Last edited by A.I; Thu Nov 17th, 2016, 01:12 AM.

                        Comment


                        • A.I wrote: View Post
                          The issue is JV isn't used to his full capabilities, he is an offensive big, use him that way. He rarely ever gets the ball in the post and the guards, DD especially, never set him up off of a pick and roll. if you're not going to use him like you're supposed to then trade him and get a big who is a legit defensive/rebounding big and who you actually will use to his fullest capabilities.
                          To me tonight he was used well, until he did not play (which is the problem IMO)

                          Comment


                          • charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                            To me tonight he was used well, until he did not play (which is the problem IMO)
                            He played 6 min in the 2nd half and touched the ball once. After shooting 6-6 on straight post ups, jumpers, even a little fade away. Against zaza pachulia. Za fucking za pachulia. I disagree with you, the bigger issue was how he was used, not that he sat late.
                            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                            Comment


                            • charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                              To me tonight he was used well, until he did not play (which is the problem IMO)
                              He really wasn't used all that well, he went up against Zaza Pachulia and David West...You get him the ball every single possession until the Warriors are forced to switch up their gameplan, not follow the Warriors gameplan and go small when they do. Feeding JV constantly would have helped Demar because the Warriors would have had to keep an eye on JV and not double Demar every possession. If something is working, there is no reason to go away from it.

                              Comment


                              • octothorp wrote: View Post
                                Personally, I hate the 'trade him for the sake of his career' argument. This isn't a charity. Raptors are better off with him than without, he's on a solid value contract, and any center they could realistically get back in a trade is going to occupy a similar role, at best. Maybe I'm selfish, but I'd rather see the team win with JV playing a secondary role then see him flourish somewhere else after the Raptors trade him just for his own sake.
                                I don't agree with the "trade him for the sake of his career" argument at all either.

                                My argument, ever since it became clear that he's never going to be fully utilized in this current regime, is that as an asset he is being totally wasted in his current role. We could trade Jonas and get real value that would actually change the dynamic of our team, and replace his rebounding/garbageman role at a fraction of the price. It's a resource issue.

                                And this is coming from a massive Jonas homer. But the team comes first.
                                It's the Spicy Show! Time to cook.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X