Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Stop the presses, sam halako! Well if I've ever heard an authority on basketball...

JV was a beast in the 4th. Not the last minute, the whole quarter. No way do we take that game to overtime without his offensive rebounds and quality screens. He was the 3rd or 4th best player on the team for the game. Also frustrated Nurkic all night to the tune of 1 rebound. Please come stronger than quoting an unpaid blogger on this website.

And don't tell us you're not a troll, hell you made a username with the sole intent of trolling another board member, "mcrealistic". Sad
    Yeah, I thought that recap missed how well JV played in the fourth, too. I noted in the game thread that it's the second time in recent games that he's rebounded from a rough start for a fantastic fourth quarter. He had five rebounds (one offensive) nine points and two drawn fouls in the fourth prior to that last minute, so yeah, I don't know what Sam was watching here.

Also, I'm not sure if Casey planned this or not, but he put JV back in just as was bringing in Faried to go small. Raptors outscore Denver 5-0 over the next few possessions punctuated by a JV three-point play that seemed to give him a boost in confidence, and forced Denver to go back big right away.
    Last edited by octothorp; Sat Nov 19, 2016, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Stop the presses, sam halako! Well if I've ever heard an authority on basketball...
      The guy is one of the oldest writers in this site and has been around for ever. Reading through his writings over the years and some of yours, I will take his opinion over yours every single time !!!

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        JV was HORRIFIC the 1st 3 quarters. Was a KEY player for them in the 4th.

I don't why you're so defensive when it comes to JV. So basically criticizing a player = a troll? so you're a troll then?

Nicely Said, I don't understand why some fans are like this !!! It is like they did not even watch the game !! Even the commentators were hard on JV.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
          The guy is one of the oldest writers in this site and has been around for ever. Reading through his writings over the years and some of yours, I will take his opinion over yours every single time !!!
          Good! And nobody will take your opinion on anything! At least I form an opinion I don't jock someone elses
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Nicely Said, I don't understand why some fans are like this !!! It is like they did not even watch the game !! Even the commentators were hard on JV.
            The biggest issue with your comment is that you're ignoring the most important 17 minutes of the game, that being the 4th and OT. JV was bad during the first 3 quarters but he made up for it by being dominant in the last 14 minutes of the game. If you would acknowledge the good with the bad, maybe more people would take your posts seriously.

I'd give JV a B / B+ for last nights game.

Comment

All I'm saying is it sounded like the mcrasberry didn't even watch the game, he just pulled up the quick reaction. And went see c- bad game!

Yes, jv had a bad 3 quarters, but most of the team was horrible save kyle and demar. We dont win the game without jv in the 4th and ot so I don't think it's warranted to pop in and go ANOTHER poor game! The dude knew what reaction he would get, like I said, he made his username just to troll mcHAPPY so that should tell you something.
              I understand but that's about mcrealistic, not Sam. Maybe Sam got the grade wrong; seems to me he generally grades lower than other rr staff. Just think we should respect that guys like Sam have created a great place for us here, out of passion. He may not be an authority but he gives us great content everyday.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                I understand but that's about mcrealistic, not Sam. Maybe Sam got the grade wrong; seems to me he generally grades lower than other rr staff. Just think we should respect that guys like Sam have created a great place for us here, out of passion. He may not be an authority but he gives us great content everyday.
                i didn't realize anyone in the forums actually read the site's articles.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                  Meaning?

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                    Yes, many of us do and many people who are not even in the fourm read the articles. Writers like Sam and Arsenalist have a pretty good following among the Raptors fans.

Comment

Good! And nobody will take your opinion on anything! At least I form an opinion I don't jock someone elses

You can be stuck with your opinion, don't read anyone else's, don't learn from anyone else and ... Just be stuck in your little world.

I however, read and try to learn from people who have a pretty good reputation among the fans and are well respected fans/writers of this team for many years.

Comment

You can be stuck with your opinion, don't read anyone else's, don't learn from anyone else and ... Just be stuck in your little world.

I however, read and try to learn from people who have a pretty good reputation among the fans and are well respected fans/writers of this team for many years.
                        Don't assume you know me dude. Pretty well read individual you're talking to. I just don't like guys who come in to stir the pot. Wouldn't have won the game without jv, that's the long and the short. So you can call it a poor game with your "c-" evidence you've brought to the table, I'm gonna disagree 7 days out the week.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Wouldn't have won the game without jv, that's the long and the short. .
                          Lets agree to disagree I will leave it at that and agree with Sam's grade on this one. We still have 85% of the season left.

I want nothing more that JV pick up his game, Dominate the middle, be a beast on offensive glass, anchor our defence and as some of you guys like become a SUPER STAR.

Heck, as a Raptor fan, I will be estatic if he can play like he played in the play offs last year and will call it a successful season for JV.

My men, KL and DD have picked up their games and need help. That being said, the Olympic failure and the first 10-11 game of the season makes me quite woried about JV.

Lets hope I am wrong

Comment

• JV only half a minute away from averaging 30mpg

Currently at 29.5 mpg, 14.4 ppg, 10.1 rpg

Comment

• Without JV in the 4th and OT, the Raptors lose the game. When he came back in early in the 4th, he completely changed the complexion of the game. Yes, his first three quarters weren't great, but he delivered in crunch time (along with Ross) to deliver the win.

Comment

• Great Game by BigVal.This is what most of us expected from him this season. Lets hope he can continue ...

Comment

Working...
                                X