Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Why does it have to be a lesser player?

    Imagine Lowry/DeRozan running PNRs with a Myles Turner (for example) instead of Jonas.
    Tuner has he same weakness as JV. Pick and roll defense.
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

    Comment


    • Nilanka wrote: View Post
      You're right, he did have a strong opening night.

      I'm not knocking Jonas. He's a solid player, who is still relatively young. He'll be a great player one day, but I'm convinced it won't be in Toronto. His skills aren't best utilized within a DeRozan/Lowry playbook.
      I'm in agreement. Supplement what you lose offensively by getting a defensive minded C by getting a better 4 and playing Norm at the 3 consistently.

      Comment


      • Pacers would never trade Turner for JV. He's 4 years younger and is already arguably better.

        Comment


        • slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
          Pacers would never trade Turner for JV. He's 4 years younger and is already arguably better.
          He's a bit more athletic, but better? Don't think so personally. If JV didn't have any offensive game he basically would be Turner.

          Comment


          • LJ2 wrote: View Post
            He's a bit more athletic, but better? Don't think so personally. If JV didn't have any offensive game he basically would be Turner.
            Turner has a much better mid-range game than JV and is 4th in the league in blocks with 2.3 per game. JV is however a better post scorer and rebounder.

            Comment


            • LJ2 wrote: View Post
              He's a bit more athletic, but better? Don't think so personally. If JV didn't have any offensive game he basically would be Turner.
              I'd say Turner's a lot more athletic than Jonas, who needs the entire length of the court before reaching top speed, lol.

              But I mentioned Turner only as an example that ridding ourselves of Jonas, doesn't necessarily mean we take a step back. Jonas has a lot of value around the league, is young, and on a friendly contract. If traded, the assumption is a solid player (who happens to fit better in Casey's system) is obtained.

              Comment


              • Nilanka wrote: View Post
                I'd say Turner's a lot more athletic than Jonas, who needs the entire length of the court before reaching top speed, lol.

                But I mentioned Turner only as an example that ridding ourselves of Jonas, doesn't necessarily mean we take a step back. Jonas has a lot of value around the league, is young, and on a friendly contract. If traded, the assumption is a solid player (who happens to fit better in Casey's system) is obtained.
                I agree that Turner is more athletic and would fit what our system is asking of our C. However you take away JV's game on offence and you have a similar version of Turner. Why not just keep JV and keep continuing to mould him into what we want in Turner. Is the up tick in athleticism with Turner really worth losing a reliable post threat that is a great post defender as well? We're not talking prime Tyson Chandler when we speak of Turner are we?

                Comment


                • LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  I agree that Turner is more athletic and would fit what our system is asking of our C. However you take away JV's game on offence and you have a similar version of Turner. Why not just keep JV and keep continuing to mould him into what we want in Turner. Is the up tick in athleticism with Turner really worth losing a reliable post threat that is a great post defender as well? We're not talking prime Tyson Chandler when we speak of Turner are we?
                  JV isn't a "great post defender".
                  Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

                  Comment


                  • LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    I agree that Turner is more athletic and would fit what our system is asking of our C. However you take away JV's game on offence and you have a similar version of Turner. Why not just keep JV and keep continuing to mould him into what we want in Turner. Is the up tick in athleticism with Turner really worth losing a reliable post threat that is a great post defender as well? We're not talking prime Tyson Chandler when we speak of Turner are we?
                    You are really down playing Turner's offensive ability. He's not as good as JV in post scoring but his mid-range is miles better than JV. He would be the perfect pick and pop big. He is also a much better help defender and while his post defense isn't as good as JV there are not a lot of teams that run just straight post up plays anymore. Turner is only 20 years old and watching him play he has the potential to become a lamarcus aldridge type of player. All of this is mute though because the pacers would never trade him for JV.

                    Comment


                    • jimmie wrote: View Post
                      JV isn't a "great post defender".
                      By what measure? He faces among the most post ups of anyone in the league, and keeps opponents below 0.7 PPP.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

                      Comment


                      • DanH wrote: View Post
                        By what measure? He faces among the most post ups of anyone in the league, and keeps opponents below 0.7 PPP.
                        Eye test. He gets worked in the post. He's not a great defender by any stretch. If we want to value JV for his offense, we have to admit his flaws on defense.
                        Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

                        Comment


                        • jimmie wrote: View Post
                          Eye test. He gets worked in the post. He's not a great defender by any stretch. If we want to value JV for his offense, we have to admit his flaws on defense.
                          His flaws on defense are exposed because of his lack of speed on pick and roll defense and help defense. His advantage is his strength which is good for guarding one on one post situations.

                          Comment


                          • DanH wrote: View Post
                            By what measure? He faces among the most post ups of anyone in the league, and keeps opponents below 0.7 PPP.
                            Are we worried about vuc and nurkic? I think we should be worried about deandre, LMA, draymond, tt, Blake, lebron, love. Those are our rivals. Couldn't we just live with Sully vs nurkic twice a yr? The league's only trending more toward giles types next yr and into the future.

                            Comment


                            • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Talent trumps all. Finding a lesser player to fit the "derozan/lowry playbook" is too shortsighted. There's a very small handful of players that you build your whole roster around accommodating them, at we don't have any of those players.
                              I disagree. A lesser player who is utilized to his strengths is a better fit than a talented player who isn't used effectively, but I wouldn't trade JV unless he is part of a packaged deal for a star player like Cousins or Millsap.
                              Kawhi Leonard is a Toronto Raptor

                              Comment


                              • A.I wrote: View Post
                                I disagree. A lesser player who is utilized to his strengths is a better fit than a talented player who isn't used effectively, but I wouldn't trade JV unless he is part of a packaged deal for a star player like Cousins or Millsap.
                                Well I basically said the same thing about 3 posts later lol
                                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X