Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • No way Kyle signs for 25. Try 35.

    Comment


    • Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
      No way Kyle signs for 25. Try 35.
      Id say the truth is in the middle of both those numbers
      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

      Comment


      • So both Lowry and Milly at 30m with Dwight makes 16m over in the above scenario. Cavs are 16m over this yr. Who knows what gsw will look like next yr?

        Comment


        • Didn't Zach Lowe tweet something about the Rockets calling the Raptors to see if they were interested in Howard and how Toronto had no interest whatsoever? I can't imagine anything changing now.

          Comment


          • planetmars wrote: View Post
            Didn't Zach Lowe tweet something about the Rockets calling the Raptors to see if they were interested in Howard and how Toronto had no interest whatsoever? I can't imagine anything changing now.
            I believe they wanted JV for Howard. I'd still say no to that. I've said it before, Howard is low key a cancer.

            Comment


            • I just want to say, in ten years I have a feeling we're going to look back and realize that the handling and development of JV was one of the great failures of our organization.

              You send JV to Gregg Popovich and his story turns out entirely different. And it may yet do so.
              It's the Spicy Show! Time to cook.

              Comment


              • JV was dominant late last year and in the playoffs.

                Same organization, same coach and pretty well the same team.

                Something happened in the offseason and it wasn't a good thing.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

                Comment


                • This guy is done in the current enviroment and in this system.

                  He is DONE ...

                  Comment


                  • But jv was beasting in gm 1. He smashed Drummond across the nose and knocked him down. He destroyed Boban on an impressive dunk. He was at his best. Same player.
                    The narrative of that game to me was how much jv and DD looked poised to take a step. But Casey rode DD through an incredible stretch of games and they never looked back. Jv missed a couple games with a knee contusion and when he came back, he seemed to me to be visibly frustrated/withdrawn vs charlotte.
                    I was more worried about Ross this yr. I thought jv would be an all star snub. He could be somewhere else but the market looks grim.

                    Comment


                    • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      JV was dominant late last year and in the playoffs.

                      Same organization, same coach and pretty well the same team.

                      Something happened in the offseason and it wasn't a good thing.
                      He was dominant because we were forced to involve him. That four game stretch starting with game 7 vs Indy, he played 32 minutes a game with 12 FGA/g.

                      The opening three games of this season he played 32 mpg with 14 FGA/g. He put up 18 and 12. This was following a lot of the usual song and dance in camp about how we were going to involve him more in the offense.

                      But then it was back to the same old routine, JV as an afterthought. Not being involved, not playing in crunch time... that takes its toll on a player.

                      His first 15 games played, he averaged 29 mpg and 10 FGA/g.

                      His last 16 games, 24.5 mpg and 8 FGA/g. You can argue that it's a chicken-and-egg thing, that when he plays badly he gets benched, but I've seen him bust his ass many times and get completely frozen out. I wish it was just my Jonas homer bias, but it's a joke that fans of other teams make about us too. Other announcers mention it too.

                      Anyways, I've come to terms with it. I just hope it isn't too late to get good value out of him as a trade asset, for the sake of the organization.
                      It's the Spicy Show! Time to cook.

                      Comment


                      • Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        He was dominant because we were forced to involve him. That four game stretch starting with game 7 vs Indy, he played 32 minutes a game with 12 FGA/g.

                        The opening three games of this season he played 32 mpg with 14 FGA/g. He put up 18 and 12. This was following a lot of the usual song and dance in camp about how we were going to involve him more in the offense.

                        But then it was back to the same old routine, JV as an afterthought. Not being involved, not playing in crunch time... that takes its toll on a player.

                        His first 15 games played, he averaged 29 mpg and 10 FGA/g.

                        His last 16 games, 24.5 mpg and 8 FGA/g. You can argue that it's a chicken-and-egg thing, that when he plays badly he gets benched, but I've seen him bust his ass many times and get completely frozen out. I wish it was just my Jonas homer bias, but it's a joke that fans of other teams make about us too. Other announcers mention it too.

                        Anyways, I've come to terms with it. I just hope it isn't too late to get good value out of him as a trade asset, for the sake of the organization.
                        You can only be patient for so long...

                        That could be one explanation as to why he has been like this. He just gave up on this team and is just going through the motions waiting for something to happen.

                        Comment


                        • A.I wrote: View Post
                          You can only be patient for so long...

                          That could be one explanation as to why he has been like this. He just gave up on this team and is just going through the motions waiting for something to happen.
                          Gave up on his home country also?
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

                          Comment


                          • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            Gave up on his home country also?
                            Considering he played well to start the season off, I'd say thats not relevant to the current situation.

                            Comment


                            • lewro wrote: View Post
                              But jv was beasting in gm 1. He smashed Drummond across the nose and knocked him down. He destroyed Boban on an impressive dunk. He was at his best. Same player.
                              The narrative of that game to me was how much jv and DD looked poised to take a step. But Casey rode DD through an incredible stretch of games and they never looked back. Jv missed a couple games with a knee contusion and when he came back, he seemed to me to be visibly frustrated/withdrawn vs charlotte.
                              I was more worried about Ross this yr. I thought jv would be an all star snub. He could be somewhere else but the market looks grim.
                              I was pretty excited during that game too, but look at where Detroit is now, 16-21 and way outside a playoff spot. I thought they were going to be good this year which is why that first game seemed legit. Drummond is also a terrible post defender.

                              Comment


                              • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                                JV was dominant late last year and in the playoffs.

                                Same organization, same coach and pretty well the same team.

                                Something happened in the offseason and it wasn't a good thing.
                                I think its a combination of a couple things.

                                1) JV can't sustain the level of intensity and focus he did in the playoffs over 82 games. Its hard to take such a beating on the offensive glass, set hard screens, make/react to reads perfectly at his size, grind and do the little things like he did in the playoffs. As long as he can flip that switch mentally, I'm fine with that, cause otherwise he is going to take an absolute beating.

                                2) DD was on fire for a while early in the year taking over a lot of touches which otherwise would have gone to JV. Not saying that was was bad choice, because DD was so hot, but now DD has regressed to the mean (which is still good) but leaves JV with fewer touches than most would like.

                                3) When not getting your touches, it's harder to do the little things, especially when they are really gritty and not that fun. No matter how much Casey says they look at a "screen assist" as an assist, its a lot easier to get excited about touching the ball than it is getting hit for someone else.

                                Not that I think JV is a bench big, but it would be interesting to see if his play changes coming off the bench.
                                Last edited by DogeLover1234; Wed Jan 4th, 2017, 02:40 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X