Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer wrote: View Post
    Also tough for JV to pass well when everyone stops moving when they do pass him the ball on a clear out.
    At some point not every issue JV has can be the fault of some other player or coach or other factor.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
      At some point not every issue JV has can be the fault of some other player or coach or other factor.
      At some point it can't all be JVs either. Unless you think he should run out to the top of they key and steal the ball from Demar like Carlton did to Will in Fresh Prince
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        At some point it can't all be JVs either. Unless you think he should run out to the top of they key and steal the ball from Demar like Carlton did to Will in Fresh Prince
        I would pay good money to see that.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          Me too. Also for comedys sake, Id want him to airmail it 5 feet right of the basket just like carlton

Comment

I'm not sure that's the issue you want to use this line on since that specific issue kind of is exactly that. Given that that specific scenario results WILL result in an easy turnover given that, lack of movement, means a pass can be very easily picked off which leads to the one option (scoring) or option two (bring the ball back out to the perimeter). Keep in mind that the times there have been movement, JV has been able to make the pass (I remember a few to both Ross and Lowry cutting along the baseline).

Axel wrote: View Post
            I'd pay even more if it misses as bad as that one does AND hits someone in the crowd.
            Last edited by Just Is; Tue Jan 10, 2017, 08:13 PM.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

He is right. When JV gets the ball in the post, everyone stands there and watches him, no movement. So either he posts up and tries to score or has to walk back to the perimeter and pass it back to Lowry or DD. JV has made good passes quite a few times when his teammates actually move.

Comment

• Portland uses two high usage guards like us and Plumlee is able to average almost 6 assists per 36.

Comment

Portland uses two high usage guards like us and Plumlee is able to average almost 6 assists per 36.
                  Then I'm guessing all the Portland players don't clear out and stop moving when he gets the ball. Just my intuition at work here, since I haven't seen many Portland games.

Comment

• So um, nice game tonight.

Comment

• Congrats jv on entering the franchise record books with the most rebounds in raptors history (23)

Comment

Portland uses two high usage guards like us and Plumlee is able to average almost 6 assists per 36.
                        Yeah not sure if you watch many portland games, but they get the ball is different positions

Comment

• Conditioning could still be a problem for him. When he plays with this much energy (like in the playoffs) he looks dominant out there but he hasn't been able to sustain it for long stretches of times.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Congrats jv on entering the franchise record books with the most rebounds in raptors history (23)
                            At home. Two road games are better - Biyombo with 25 last year, Donyell Marshall with 24 back in the day.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• He played HARD tonight. Played with a lot of ENERGY. He needs to bring that EVERY NIGHT.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                He played HARD tonight. Played with a lot of ENERGY. He needs to bring that EVERY NIGHT.

Comment

Working...
                                X